The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think instead of "whoa is me"

we need more "whoa bundy's"

bbundy.jpg

I love it. THP will not be sponsoring any Troll Bridges in 2016.

My rant is that you just got to make that post and I didn't. :angry:
Momma ain't happy, watch out.

I've thought the same thing JB. It's almost the holidays, let's all be happy and festive.

My rant, I noticed today that my cheap fix on my exhaust didn't work. Time for plan B. Anyone got any ideas for plan B?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

My rant, I noticed today that my cheap fix on my exhaust didn't work. Time for plan B. Anyone got any ideas for plan B?

What's the issue?

My "off day" today involves me driving 3.5 hours, watching 2 different recruits practice, doing a school visit with another recruit, and then live scouting 2 games tonight. Long day, but I will have some down time to go to a golfsmith & pga ss between appointments.

What ever happened to Kelly Ripa... Uhh.

Maybe I am not remembering the same person...

My "off day" today involves me driving 3.5 hours, watching 2 different recruits practice, doing a school visit with another recruit, and then live scouting 2 games tonight. Long day, but I will have some down time to go to a golfsmith & pga ss between appointments.
What sport? Football?

What's the issue?
The clamp where the exhaust and the muffler meet, resonator(?), rusted out. So after driving around sounding like a coffee can was attached to my car, I decided last weekend to cut a piece off, wrap with tape and a clamp and call it a day. Worked great. Car was quiet again. Then I drove the car farther than just out of the garage. The tape and clamp didn't work so now I'm back to the drawing board. I think I'm going to get an adapter from the parts store and tape it on there with the clamp. There is a gap from where I cut it off. The last repair shop I had the car in said it would be $700 to fix the exhaust. The car is a 1999 and has 185k miles so it's probably only worth $700.

You should be able to find some adapters to use. If the section you cut out is longer than the adapter itself, simply use two and a length of pipe appropriate to cover the distance.

24q78rp.jpg

Clamps like this should hold it all together. Be sure to tighten both sides evenly.

1z2du9g.jpg

You should be able to find some adapters to use. If the section you cut out is longer than the adapter itself, simply use two and a length of pipe appropriate to cover the distance.

24q78rp.jpg

Clamps like this should hold it all together. Be sure to tighten both sides evenly.

1z2du9g.jpg
Thanks. I'll look into those.

Made the move from Cali to Colorado (Parker).
CA is in a serious drought and people get charged up the wazoo for using too much water. Some even on water rations. Even with this, never got a bill more than about 50 bucks or so.

Get my water bill and see there’s a charge on there for Wastewater. No idea what this is but it’s more than what I’m charged for normal consumption. Call and was explained it’s basically the water going down your drain (like a sewer charge). How is it that more water is going down the drain than I’m using?

Now, every time the toilet flushes I’m saying to myself, there’s a couple of bucks going down the drain.

Last edited:
Trip to Minneapolis starting tomorrow. Weekend looks nice - if chilly (by my standards). Rest of the week ... rain. And I had been hoping I could walk downtown for most of my stay. Oh well ... taxi!

Have a safe trip bud.. Make sure to leave the shorts home lol..
Trip to Minneapolis starting tomorrow. Weekend looks nice - if chilly (by my standards). Rest of the week ... rain. And I had been hoping I could walk downtown for most of my stay. Oh well ... taxi!

Have a safe trip bud.. Make sure to leave the shorts home lol..
Heh, yeah. I actually have to find the box with my long sleeve shirts. Packed them away in the spring and haven't needed them since!

Called the course close to me. The range is closed for the season. They are on their winter prices though. $19 for 18 holes and a cart. Not sure I have time for a round today though.

Heh, yeah. I actually have to find the box with my long sleeve shirts. Packed them away in the spring and haven't needed them since!
Yeah just in Illinois I've been waking up to 29-32* already.. Ready for the summer again??

I'm at a loss for words this morning.

I'm the first to admit I'm a abrasive person. One thing the Lord Almighty did not bless me with is a filter. I speak my mind and you get the raw version. However I think most would admit, I am a good person and I've jade the pleasure to meet dozens, if not hundreds of THpers in person.

But in the last couple of weeks things have been different. Apparently having an opinion isn't something a "Forum Leader" is allowed if that person posts an unpopular opinion. I gave my feedback on the M1 and that went over like a atheism at a Protestant retreat. I made a sarcastic post to an OEM rep and somehow it was seen as an attack on a THP member. Newsflash, I would never attack a member. If my comments are seen that way I would like to apologize but that's on you, not me. If my opinions are seen as attacks then maybe it's time for me to find something else to do.

One note, I don't pander to anyone. I don't pander to THP, OEMs or members. To insinuate I'm trying to gain favor with anyone is an insult.

THP is a big part of my life. The people I have met and the friends I have made are amazing. But when it starts becoming work and when it stops being fun I'm out. Right now I'm at a loss for how to proceed.

Momma ain't happy, watch out.

I've thought the same thing JB. It's almost the holidays, let's all be happy and festive.

I don't know what the problem with your exhaust is, but years ago, I cut down a printing plate, wrapped it around my muffler, used that exhaust fix (like bandages and paper mache) all around it, then for good measure used baling wire around the whole thing. It lasted another year. Had a HUGE hole in the muffler. It wasn't really a hole, since there was more hole than muffler left when I made the fix!

EDIT: Just saw your post about it. I'd say do what I did. Go to a printing company and see if they will give you a junk plate. If they have any duplicators, those plates are thinner and easier to roll into a cylinder.

I'm the first to admit I'm a abrasive person. One thing the Lord Almighty did not bless me with is a filter. I speak my mind and you get the raw version. However I think most would admit, I am a good person and I've jade the pleasure to meet dozens, if not hundreds of THpers in person.

But in the last couple of weeks things have been different. Apparently having an opinion isn't something a "Forum Leader" is allowed if that person posts an unpopular opinion. I gave my feedback on the M1 and that went over like a atheism at a Protestant retreat. I made a sarcastic post to an OEM rep and somehow it was seen as an attack on a THP member. Newsflash, I would never attack a member. If my comments are seen that way I would like to apologize but that's on you, not me. If my opinions are seen as attacks then maybe it's time for me to find something else to do.

One note, I don't pander to anyone. I don't pander to THP, OEMs or members. To insinuate I'm trying to gain favor with anyone is an insult.

THP is a big part of my life. The people I have met and the friends I have made are amazing. But when it starts becoming work and when it stops being fun I'm out. Right now I'm at a loss for how to proceed.
There's a great group of mods here and they all like you. I'd reach out to that group and get some feedback. You've got to be a great dude, and that's easy to see because of the type of people that like you. There's a balance to be found and I'm sure you'll get there.

Hey buddy, there can only be one Angry Mod. Do you want the title? hahaha I'll give you part of my signature!

Hang in there.

Keep on keeping on Fup. I'll be the first to admit you do come across a bit agressive but after talking with a few that have met you in person It all went away. It's nice know, that as a forum mod, you have no internal bias or favor. You just tell it like it is. Hell, youre just like Tod and he and I have become great friends. I look forward to one day meeting you in person and putting a face to name I see a lot on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back