The Official 2015 MLB Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Closing in on a deal.. Looks like they might get him. Wow

wow I missed that the Mets almost had Carlos Gomez

FIRST PITCH: In one of the more bizarre nights in New York Mets history,Wilmer Flores was crying at shortstop, thinking he was getting traded to theMilwaukee Brewers. Meanwhile, on the Brewers team plane, Carlos Gomez was posing for photos with teammates, believing he had been traded to the Mets.
In the end, though, a deal that would have sent Zack Wheeler and Flores to Milwaukee for Gomez died during the medical-review phase, Brewers GM Doug Melvin told the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel. Multiple reports say the Mets nixed the trade over concerns about Gomez's hip, although agent Scott Boras vehemently denied any medical issue exists with his client.
So Wheeler and Flores remain Mets. And Gomez remains in Milwaukee. And the deal is dead, said Mets general manager Sandy Alderson, who has until 4 p.m. ET Friday to find another bat.

Haven't you seen any tv today? It was a bizarre thing, Flores was crying on the field cause he thought he was traded...and then the deal was off.

Haven't you seen any tv today? It was a bizarre thing, Flores was crying on the field cause he thought he was traded...and then the deal was off.

nada, been working all day

David Price set to be a Blue Jay, wow that will be an unreal line up. Pitching line up strong and fielding now so deep. Playoffs here we come!!!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

David Price set to be a Blue Jay, wow that will be an unreal line up. Pitching line up strong and fielding now so deep. Playoffs here we come!!!

Nothing confirmed yet, I'm hearing the dodgers are still involved.

Nothing confirmed yet, I'm hearing the dodgers are still involved.

Dodgers said they won't include Alex Wood, so that would take them out of it. Most other suitors backing off it looks like

Jays payroll going to be a billion?

Jays payroll going to be a billion?
Letting going of Reyes free up tons of money. But Antopolois really has big pockets. Donaldson is a beast and Martin who I really enjoyed watching. So many great pick ups

Done deal. Price to Blue Jays for Norris and others.
Well damn! Line up so deep, Price is a real game changer.

Letting going of Reyes free up tons of money. But Antopolois really has big pockets. Donaldson is a beast and Martin who I really enjoyed watching. So many great pick ups

I thought the Tulowitzki contract was very close to Reyes', did Colorado eat part of it?

I thought the Tulowitzki contract was very close to Reyes', did Colorado eat part of it?
Will have to look into that part as I am unsure on the figures. Troy showed up last night big time with an opening HR. I am really hoping Price can hop on a flight and make a debut against the Royals. They are so deep, that record is just unreal! Gallardo set to be a Jay soon as well

The Tulo deal is actually more expensive than the Reyes deal.
Yeah I had heard that, but when I looked it up Tues was at 22 a year while tulo was at 20, although for a longer period.

Will have to look into that part as I am unsure on the figures. Troy showed up last night big time with an opening HR. I am really hoping Price can hop on a flight and make a debut against the Royals. They are so deep, that record is just unreal! Gallardo set to be a Jay soon as well

This was far from a sure thing before this trade, and I would say now that they have Price the odds of them getting Gallardo are about nil. He was a fallback plan incase Price didn't happen.

As for the Tulo/Reyes thing, the Blue Jays will be paying more $ now then they were for Reyes

This was far from a sure thing before this trade, and I would say now that they have Price the odds of them getting Gallardo are about nil. He was a fallback plan incase Price didn't happen.

As for the Tulo/Reyes thing, the Blue Jays will be paying more $ now then they were for Reyes

That trade is still a headscratcher for me.

Haha yep, should have specified

I can sort of see it. I think the Jays got better offensively, IF (BIG IF), Tulo can stay healthy. I think he is arguably the most talented SS in the game, but the dude is so so fragile. The Blue Jays are going all in, but not sure it gets them the division at this point.

More starters are always good,guess 3 are good for now. That is understandable now always good for a backup plan for key players. I am a huge Reyes fan maybe because I have met him which makes it much more sad to see him leave. But his bat wasn't producing this season like in the past. I enjoyed watching Troy launch one yesterday in his first game. Overall I am pleased with how the team is set now. Maybe if we traded for a new backup catcher we would be in perfect shape

I can sort of see it. I think the Jays got better offensively, IF (BIG IF), Tulo can stay healthy. I think he is arguably the most talented SS in the game, but the dude is so so fragile. The Blue Jays are going all in, but not sure it gets them the division at this point.

I looked up his stats... I guess I was mistaking the Rockies struggles with his struggles. I had forgotten how well he had bounced back last year. He still has alot more power than I thought he had. I get it now.

More starters are always good,guess 3 are good for now. That is understandable now always good for a backup plan for key players. I am a huge Reyes fan maybe because I have met him which makes it much more sad to see him leave. But his bat wasn't producing this season like in the past. I enjoyed watching Troy launch one yesterday in his first game. Overall I am pleased with how the team is set now. Maybe if we traded for a new backup catcher we would be in perfect shape

Another starter would go a long way, but I am virtually certain it won't be anyone big. Buehrle is good, but the others (minus Price now) are average IMO. In a 7 game series you need at least 3 solid starters, really 4. I am not sure I would want RA Dickey or Drew Hutchison starting a playoff game for me, but the offense should be able to outslug many teams.

It puts them squarely in the hunt for a wildcard spot that is for sure, and you would have to like a 1 gamer with Price and that offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back