Golf Shirts Not On The Course

Wearing a golf shirt today at work. Whoops!

I was taught to always be prepared...

So I've always got a polo on and clubs close by!

Only reason I wouldn't wear my golf shirts off course is because they are usually way more colorful than Id normally wear around. other than that, the douche is the one calling other people out on whatever they feel like wearing. I say if I spent $50 a shirt I can wear it to sleep if i want.

Now people wearing button downs and jeans on the course on the other hand...

It is silly but up here when I go to visit a customer, often times they will ask me if I am going or just got back from the course which can be frustrating at times.

"Look at Jordan Spieth, seen above, who just won the U.S. Open last month. On the course, he wears Under Armour's cooling collared shirts. Off course?
A straightforward plaid button down. That's more like it."

1thatssotrue_6329_1332799601_zps60v8ehqp.gif

IMO nothing wrong with wearing them wherever. I even wear them to church sometimes...

Well, there goes half my wardrobe...

It's a good thing I don't bowl.

I wear a golf shirt for work at my outside sales job about 90% of the time. Ironically if he were to see me in my golf shirt and khakis, there ​is a very good chance I have hit balls before work or I'm headed directly to the course after work! I guess you can say my wardrobe is dual purpose.

It's very common for me to be at the grocery store or picking up one of my kids from a sports function in my golf shoes. I bet he really wouldn't like that!

I agree with the statement to a degree. Other than when something at work calls for business casual, my golf shirts stay in the closet. I feel pretty uncomfortable wearing that gear in a casual setting. I wouldn't wear a baseball uni to dinner or a get together so why would I wear my golf gear in the same situation?

I certainly don't begrudge somebody for choosing to go the golf clothes all day every day route, but it definitely isn't for me. My day to day existence isn't defined by the fact that I golf a lot, so I don't want that to be the image that I project to others. I'm an onion dammit. I have layers.

I tend not to wear anything that is golf specific unless I am playing golf. I just don't like tech polos enough off course. Cotton or Cotton blends are so much more comfortable to me. A cotton RL polo or some of the linksoul, I will wear to golf or casually off the course. When I see some one in a golf specific tech polo I do assume they will be sneaking out for 9. If I ever wore one to work...my wife would know exactly what I was doing....golfing.

I don't wear my golf shirts any ware but on the course(mostly because they are a little to bright for work) but that is just me. but who has the right to try to call others out on what they deem appropriate place to where them they look just like a polo

In my opinion, one should ALWAYS be ready to get to the course. The guy that wrote this is a bum!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wear golf shirts all the time. if Details thinks I shouldn't, they can buy my 'Non-golf" wardrobe for me! :alien:

Details is one of the largest mens magazines out there. It specializes in Culture and Style and the biggest irony of all, its published by Conde Nast, the same people that do Golf Digest.

So you're saying they're a big deal? :alien:

I wear a golf shirt just about every day to work. It's for multiple reasons though. One reason is that it's comfortable. The second reason is that I can go golfing after work and still look classy :angel:

Well this is just a bunch of Bull. I will wear what ever I want! I wear a golf shirt almost everyday. And that is not going to change.Never even heard of these people and I guess I really don't need to look into them.

I wear them all the time off the course and i'm 100% sure that's going to continue

When a magazine dictates what I wear feel free to shoot me.

I could not tell you the last time I did NOT wear a golf polo to work. It is all that I wear. Hey Details, EFF off.

I wear "golf shirt" at least once a week - they are comfortable and with this 90* + heat and humidity in NYC they make my commute much more comfortable...

Lol I'll wear what i want and not give 2 sh!ts what anyone in some magazine thinks

A golf shirt certainly isn't formal, so I don't wear one when meeting with anyone I need to have a "formal" meeting with. But in the summer, some of my nicer-looking golf shirts pull a lot of double duty at the office. I have a component of my job that requires time outdoors, so they're especially nice for that.

My wife is pretty good at identifying the ones that look "normal" and the ones that look "golfy". I also have one that you can basically see through, so that stays in the closet other than golf on really hot days. :bashful:

That was the stupidest thing I've ever read.

Back