Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons Review Thread

I like the looks of these over the previous model. The matte look is steller, wouldn't mind giving these a hit.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I really like the blinged out classic chrome of the pro which moves it more towards the X-forged territory - and I still like the satin of the Apex (although not the biggest fan of the extra rubber around the new bigger APEX logo but that's a minor quip since they probably had to put it somewhere.)

Very nicely done and I'm sure I'll get some outdoor hits with them soon and then compare to my current ones and then oh no mine don't look the same now and I think I need the new ones but do I really (yes I do - get them) and where I am going to find the money (find a way you need these) and then I'll be up all night every night pondering...ruh roh. :devil:

Must refuse to hit. Wife would kill me if I came home with new irons.

Like the technology, like the looks and definitely can't wait to hit these. Right now I'm not sure which irons I'll be going with. CF Technology is tough to ignore and these irons just look stunning in person

I like both irons, but the finish on these just look a touch better than the chrome. This would be a must try, which means I must avoid so I don't make an expensive decision.

When I get back to the office I will take pictures of the two irons (old and new) side by side for you.
Would it be too much to ask to get a pic of old and new at address, as well?

I am not sure if anyone has seen this yet.

[video=youtube;Xj7-37y-sqo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj7-37y-sqo[/video]
Idk what it was, but that gave me chills. Maybe it was the fear of the #Zoocrew as they just gave #TeamRedemption the ultimate pin hunters. Wow.

I am not sure if anyone has seen this yet.

[video=youtube;Xj7-37y-sqo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj7-37y-sqo[/video]

pretty well done video. Shows and explains the tech quite nicely.

i would love to see how that laser welding process works in person

My pondering would be on overload if I were on Team Redemption lol

lol dude its all over the place right now

Such a good "problem" to have. I know there will be more options than the Apex, but I feel confident I could game either the regular or the pro and be very, very happy.

Such a good "problem" to have. I know there will be more options than the Apex, but I feel confident I could game either the regular or the pro and be very, very happy.
Ya who knows what will be available come December, but right now after seeing the Apex CF 16 and hitting the 6i a couple times, its hard to deny these. I will take the time to hit as many of the options as i can before i get to Cali but these are probably the leader in the clubhouse

Ya who knows what will be available come December, but right now after seeing the Apex CF 16 and hitting the 6i a couple times, its hard to deny these. I will take the time to hit as many of the options as i can before i get to Cali but these are probably the leader in the clubhouse

Whatever you go with I can't wait to try and steal :angel:

The 6i that I hit as well was beyond sweet! The looks are even better in person!

Whatever you go with I can't wait to try and steal :angel:

Phil better watch those clubs like a hawk!

My pondering would be on overload if I were on Team Redemption lol

I mean you and I have pretty much identical games, so if you want to ponder for me, I'll listen.

Can't wait to try these out, but I am not sure if a high capper (25+) like me can swing these well.

Phil better watch those clubs like a hawk!

He's lucky I'm still in love with the bridgestones, or else he would have to be careful haha

I guess adding the cup face made these irons go to 1199/set. I thought the original Apex were priced 1099/set. Still, I'd love to see the list of no-upcharge shaft options, that might soften the blow a bit, hoping my beloved PXi shafts are on it.

I don't really need to upgrade my irons, but I'd be lying if I didn't say that the cup face intrigues the heck out of me. Increasing the COR from 0.800 to 0.820 sounds pretty significant.

I guess adding the cup face made these irons go to 1199/set. I thought the original Apex were priced 1099/set. Still, I'd love to see the list of no-upcharge shaft options, that might soften the blow a bit, hoping my beloved PXi shafts are on it.

I don't really need to upgrade my irons, but I'd be lying if I didn't say that the cup face intrigues the heck out of me. Increasing the COR from 0.800 to 0.820 sounds pretty significant.

Damn, $1199? I can't justify spending that much.

I bet the no charge options will be pretty big. They were previously

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bet the no charge options will be pretty big. They were previously

Callaway's website says any steel shaft they offer will be a no up charge option and says select graphite options at no up charge.

Callaway's website says any steel shaft they offer will be a no up charge option and says select graphite options at no up charge.

I was literally just coming here to post this! Pretty awesome. Nippon, KBS, Project X. Going to be a ton of options

Plus: The CF technology. We know it's legit from the XR line. I am curious to learn what this line really offers us over that line, not so much the prior Apex line.

Minus: Almost $1400 for a set with graphite shafts...ouch and a deal breaker for me.

Indifferent: The finishes. While I may prefer one to the other, it's a minor consideration in the grand scheme of things. I don't remember hearing about any issues with the prior finish but if this is better for wear then that's good.

I really like the look of these - happy they stayed somewhat in the same profile/look of their current Apex line.

As for the "shinier" finish of the Apex Pros - have to see them in person before judging....

Back