Most Overrated Food Places

Dude yes. Papa John's is horrible. IMO all chain pizza is pretty much garbage.
Is this the part of the food thread were somebody in New York tells "outsiders" that we have no idea about pizza? ;)

Is this the part of the food thread were somebody in New York tells "outsiders" that we have no idea about pizza? ;)
Not to be "that guy" but yes lol. Chicken wings as well lol.

Not to be "that guy" but yes lol. Chicken wings as well lol.
There's a really good wing place here in Wisconsin. Really good actually. They started as a small bar, did well at some national events. Now they are expanding in the state

There's a really good wing place here in Wisconsin. Really good actually. They started as a small bar, did well at some national events. Now they are expanding in the state
I will definitely say that places have way more success with wings than pizza. I've been a lot of places with wings that could compete with our wings, but pizza hasn't really come close. But then again it's all subjective and what you grow up on.

I will definitely say that places have way more success with wings than pizza. I've been a lot of places with wings that could compete with our wings, but pizza hasn't really come close. But then again it's all subjective and what you grow up on.
I really worry about being that guy with beer. It's hard not to.

Screw it, an overrated food for me is an IPA. Especially most craft IPAs. I get it. It's bitter. It tastes like hops. that doesn't mean it's good!

Screw it, an overrated food for me is an IPA. Especially most craft IPAs. I get it. It's bitter. It tastes like hops. that doesn't mean it's good!
I could NOT agree more. I'm not a big beer drinker at all as I prefer the high life, but I can appreciate a beer with taste but the IPA'S just do not do it for me lol

I fully endorse and agree with this post

I shiver every time I see "10x the hops of most IPAs". Gross.
I am a huge beer lover and Miller Lite and Yuengling serve me quite well without breaking the bank, making me gag or bringing on the dreaded bitter beer face.

I felt the same way for a long time. Then I somehow started liking it. It started with Magic Hat #9. Then I became a fan of Pale Ales, but despised IPAs. Somehow someone handed me an IPA one day and I liked it.

These have all been mentioned, no doubt, but my list is: Subway (Walmart used to sell better subs), Starbucks (sorry sheeple, but I'd rather get coffee at nearly any gas station instead), Buffalo Wild Wings (ordinary food at extraordinary prices), and pretty much any fast food joint nowadays because, if you get away from the "dollar" menu, then you might just as well go to a regular sit-down restaurant and order a burger for the same money and get a better burger (usually)

Jimmy Johns. Way overrated. Have heard people rave about their food but it's just a sandwich to me.

The easy answer is any chain restaurant. It amazes me the people I know that love Red Lobster for seafood. I guess they have never left Ohio if they think Red Lobster is good seafood.

I have never found a chain restaurant that I consider great food. Now I still go to some because in Columbus that is about all that is around, but I think they are all overpriced and over-hyped. Not to mention all the food is frozen and comes from one of 3 suppliers, GFS, Sysco and US Foods.

In & Out Burger just does not make sense for me. Awful cheese, terrible fries.

Chili's is one of the worst sit down restaurants, IMO. Don't much care for the ribs, and the rest of the menu is greasy slop.

I refuse to eat at Jack in the Box.

Jimmy Johns. Way overrated. Have heard people rave about their food but it's just a sandwich to me.
I go there often. Not because I think it's particularly good, but because it takes them about 10 seconds to make my sandwich, and I am impatient.

I go there often. Not because I think it's particularly good, but because it takes them about 10 seconds to make my sandwich, and I am impatient.

This .

It's a decent sub that's at my door in less than 10 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couldn't agree more, I've never been a fan, my wife loves it, I've just never acquired a taste for it.

The easy answer is any chain restaurant. It amazes me the people I know that love Red Lobster for seafood. I guess they have never left Ohio if they think Red Lobster is good seafood.

I have never found a chain restaurant that I consider great food. Now I still go to some because in Columbus that is about all that is around, but I think they are all overpriced and over-hyped. Not to mention all the food is frozen and comes from one of 3 suppliers, GFS, Sysco and US Foods.

I'm not a chain fan but I do like Eddie Merlot's when I visit Columbus or Hyde Park.

LOL on the JimmyJohn's hate. I really enjoy Jimmy John's, but only when I get it in store, delivery prices are outrageous. Now, it's nothing spectacular, but for a sandwich out it sure beats subway or quizno's or the crap sandwiches at the grocery stores. :shrug:

I don't understand how Steak 'n Shake is still in business.

I refuse to eat at Jimmy Johns because their owner is a giant douche canoe and they make employees sign non compete agreements to prevent them from making sandwiches at other fast food places.

When I read the title In-N-Out was 100% the first thing that came to mind. The fries are almost inedible IMO.

Totally agree with the fries. Burgers are decent at best. It's filler food.

Applebee's WTF! This place is terrible with the exception of the alcohol. Do they just go to Costco and reheat everything?

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't understand how Steak 'n Shake is still in business.

Went there for the first time the other night. I would agree. Nothing to write home about

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

Back