Most Overrated Food Places

Carlo's Bake Shop (Cake Boss on TLC) is definitely overrated. Visited the shop during a trip to NYC and everything we tried was no better than our local bakery. The only difference was we had to wait in line for an hour to get in and we paid probably 3 times as much.

What's wrong with a 3000 calorie shrimp pasta coupled with a 2000 calorie dessert from the freezer?

who counts calories? Talk about overrated.

Funny you mention Ruth's Chris as i've been there a couple times usually special occasions and always left underwhelmed...

Agreed

I disagree with Whataburger and Sonic being overrated. My fast food list would start with Chic-fil-a and end with Taco Bell. I also agree with Bonefish as being in the overrated class also.

Going to go with Chick-Fil-A. I know people that swear by it, but while I don't dislike it...i'd never go out of my way for it.

Not a fan of Sonic other than their limeades, I'd say they are over rated, especially for how many commercials they used to run around here.

Buffalo Wild Wings. My dead grandma can make better wings than their's. Oh this is a good one... APPLEBEE'S!
(add Olive Garden and Red Lobster too)

This thread is making me hungry.

And if there were an Internet vote on the best NFL team, it would be the Dallas Cowboys.
And if there were an Internet vote on the best state, it would be Texas.
And if there were an Internet vote on what the best color is, the winner would be a tie between Texas and blue.

It doesn't mean something isn't overrated.
My man, time to retake the blood pressure meds or you will force me to keep the defibrillator close by just in case. LOL. :D

And I totally disagree......I think the Texans would garnish a few votes too.

Agreed on Panera. That.Place.Blooooooooooooooows.

haha at Chipotle. Overrated for a 6.50 mockery of mexican that tastes good and isn't as bad as eating mcDonalds. If that's overrated, I'll take a dozen!

Oh and PF Changs.

It's like a heart attack on a plate and it doesn't even taste that good. I love oriental good and was so hyped to eat at one have since been about four times with terrible results .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally agree buddy. Lettuce wraps then I'm out. Thank god for Pei Wei. Paul Foster doesn't even sound Asian to me either.

My man, time to retake the blood pressure meds or you will force me to keep the defibrillator close by just in case. LOL. :D

And I totally disagree......I think the Texans would garnish a few votes too.
Nothing but love, my friend. And I wouldn't count out the Longhorns from the vote.

Penn Station is pretty terrible.

I disagree with most of the responses on here simply for the fact that most of the places listed aren't even highly rated to begin with. Subway, Wendy's, Taco Bell...who is highly rating those?

^^^^truth^^^^

I haven't been to some of the places mentioned but Chipotle and Panera all left me underwhelmed after hearing how awesome they were supposed to be. Especially at the prices they charge.

Do they still have Black Eye Peas around...........went there once and that was enough.

Outback is a joke too. Blooming onion makes me ill, steaks are mediocre at best.

We all sound like food snobs haha

Y'all are hating on some of my favorites (5 Guys/Chipotle). For me it's probably Starbucks. My wife and her family can't pass one without stopping in.

Back