Wilson Infinite Putter Line Review

Kevin. I didn't try the Grsnt Park yesterday. I was too focused on the Southside and Lakeshore. Ended up with the Southside. But I think with this line you can't go wrong with any of them.

Shocked. Had no idea you were in the market...I thought for sure it was a SeeMore year for you.

Shocked. Had no idea you were in the market...I thought for sure it was a SeeMore year for you.
Dude I so wasnt in the market. I was just killing time in his shop and started rolling these. It was love at first sound.

Just like love. When you're not looking for a girlfriend or something and you bump into someone in a store or bar and bam they take your breath away.

That's what happened here. I now have 6 putters any four of which could easily be the starter. Time will tell. But this one will have to lose the starting spot.

On on another note I told Bryan yesterday. I'm so glad his shop is not near my office. Ha

Dude I so wasnt in the market. I was just killing time in his shop and started rolling these. It was love at first sound.

Just like love. When you're not looking for a girlfriend or something and you bump into someone in a store or bar and bam they take your breath away.

That's what happened here. I now have 6 putters any four of which could easily be the starter. Time will tell. But this one will have to lose the starting spot.

On on another note I told Bryan yesterday. I'm so glad his shop is not near my office. Ha

i know the feeling..im glad its not close to hear either...although i might have to make a trip up there soon

Wilson Infinite Putter Line Review

I went with the Northside for the Legacy. I had one good round, one mediocre round & one absolutely awesome round with it.

My previous gamer was the Southside, so I was already comfortable with the grip, weight, shape & alignment aids of the head.
Lag putting was on point & the feel gave me confidence to make a few that I had no reason to make.
I normally prefer a center shaft, but the Northside will be in the bag for a long time.

I went with the Grant Park. It will immediately be replacing my Versa #9. They have a similar profile, but I prefer the alignment aid on the Grant Park, a feature that I didn't really like the first time I saw the putter. I had a pretty poor ball striking weekend at Legacy by my standard, but this putter bailed me out time after time after time. I have always struggled with putting, and now, I am just so confident. This putter for under $100 is a freaking steal. I know at least one other guy who is replacing his Scotty Cameron with his Grant Park.

Alignment: No mistaking this one. Lining up a putt is as easy as can be. It has 4 lines running perpendicular to a line that runs along the top of the face area, so not only do you know where they are pointing, but you know it is square.
Feel: It feels firm and solid through the stroke and puts a perfect roll on the ball for my stroke.
Distance Control: I had a couple bad lag putts in 3 rounds of golf. On anything within 20 feet, distance control was nearly perfect.

At this price, I would encourage anyone to pick up an Infinite putter.

Anyone know the total weight of the grip? While I don't need a Grant Park, I want one. Coupling this with a CounterCore SuperStroke (Plus 2.0) could be an awesome combination.

Anyone know the total weight of the grip? While I don't need a Grant Park, I want one. Coupling this with a CounterCore SuperStroke (Plus 2.0) could be an awesome combination.

I think it's either 104 grams or 108 grams.

Check out the review... Hehe

104g

I rolled these a bit RH because there were no stupid lefties down there but man, they feel awesome. I cannot believe the price point of these. I am definitely going to pick one up at some point.

I really want to try one of these out, but can't find them anywhere. Honestly, with the price what it is, I might just take a flyer on one of these.

Deuce I like the way you think. This is my exact set up. Except im rolling the Superstoke Plus 2.0 XL and the countercore tech. I love it so far.

Deuce I like the way you think. This is my exact set up. Except im rolling the Superstoke Plus 2.0 XL and the countercore tech. I love it so far.
Nice ... not too top heavy?

I rolled these a bit RH because there were no stupid lefties down there but man, they feel awesome. I cannot believe the price point of these. I am definitely going to pick one up at some point.
And rolled them well too, or so we've been told.

Definitely a solid price point. I've been pondering a Michigan Ave for awhile.

I really want to try one of these out, but can't find them anywhere. Honestly, with the price what it is, I might just take a flyer on one of these.
You won't be disappointed. Just get the shape you like best and trust the awesome.

I've been putting my thoughts on this putter in a different thread by accident...not sure how to move those over.

Played the Michigan Ave again this morning and we put together a pretty average performance. I was missing a ton of greens and then chipping close so most of the work load today was 3-8 foot putts trying to save par. Like I've said previously I really like the alignment lines on the 3-4 footers but they seem to mess with me on anything longer than that. For whatever reason my tendency is to miss right with this one - not sure if that's due to the length, lie, alignment lines or the grip. I did manage to luck into draining a 40 foot uphill/downhill double breaker which was probably the longest putt I've drained in a couple years.

Rolled a Windy City and Grant Park today. Neither head shape is something I would typically game but I have to say that the Grant Park is really starting to make me a believer.

Now that I’ve had some time with my new Legacy clubs from Wilson, I thought I’d do a small review of each of them.

The Wilson Infinite Putter. I got the Windy City model, because it is the model/style I have putt with for the past 22 years or so. Honestly, when I got selected for Legacy, putting was my number 1 concern. I actually had 38-42 putts per round on courses other than my home course last year. I even went over to Lincoln and golfed with the Nebraska crew, and discussed my poor putting. Naturally, I putt extremely well there, and actually putt quite well after that. I worked on my putting like crazy going into the Legacy. And when I got there, I was a bit nervous about all of a sudden having a new putter. I was also quite excited, because I had rolled the Windy City in stores a couple of times, and it felt very natural to me.

I was not disappointed, and I would actually say that I putt even better with the new putter. I certainly made several putts at Legacy. So then, thinking about my history of putting better in competition, I wondered if I simply was focusing better. I played in our unofficial Iowa event the very next weekend, and had little to no focus (post Legacy hangover), but I still was putting better than I ever have.

Putters are one of the most personal things one can have in their bag. It’s hard to go wrong with a putter, so long as you are comfortable with it and have confidence in it. Well, I have more confidence in my putting now than I ever have.

If you are looking for a new putter, please give the Wilson Infinite line a try. You can’t beat the price. I can tell you right now that my Windy City will be in my bag for a VERY long time.

~Rock

I have had some minor growing pains with long putts with the Grant Park, but this thing is an absolute sniper from inside of 20 feet. Best I have ever played.

I love that Southside. I stroke it every time I'm at the PGA Superstore.

If I wasn't rolling my current putter so well I'd give it a go. Kinda reminds me of the old Zebra I gamed :)

The Windy City came in yesterday ... going to get it on the course ASAP.

I think you're going to love this line Tom!
It felt really good in hand. I'll admit it right here, I acquired a ladies version of the Windy City (for $29.99 with free shipping on eBay it was a cheaper option for testing than the men's line). Not sure what the weight difference is, but in hand it felt good. It's shorter (33") and I think that fits my setup perfectly, and the grip feels much better in-hand than the men's does. We'll see how it goes.

It felt really good in hand. I'll admit it right here, I acquired a ladies version of the Windy City (for $29.99 with free shipping on eBay it was a cheaper option for testing than the men's line). Not sure what the weight difference is, but in hand it felt good. It's shorter (33") and I think that fits my setup perfectly, and the grip feels much better in-hand than the men's does. We'll see how it goes.
How is this working out for you. I love the yellow, silver & matte black combo of the ladies version.

I wanted to check in with an update on my Grant Park.

Before my round Saturday, I almost pulled it out of the bag. For me, affairs with putters burn hot and fast. I had fallen out of love with it. Couldn't hit anything, so I decided that I would pull it out for something else for my weekend round.

Anyway, I left the house Saturday, and forgot to take the putter out. I played 27 with it. I would say we are now on an upward trajectory. My main issues are the same issues I have with every putter: Getting the ball to the hole on long putts. I just really struggle in that area, and this style of putter seems to be harder than others to work with. On Saturday I was much better. I don't know why, but I can't seem to make a lot of putts right now. However, it's hard to blame the putter. I really had some great putts this weekend, just not many fell. I am in a funk. The good thing is, I think I found a feel for this one again, and am much more comfortable than I was after last week's round. Again, it's deadly from short range.

The thing I don't like about this putter is the grip. I will likely replace it. It just feels and looks a little cheap, even if it's functional.

The finish has held up great. Zero issues, and it was an initial concern of mine.

My last 2 rounds with this putter have been stupid good. I'm seeing lines like I used to & draining putts like I haven't done in sometime.

I really think it has a lot to do with the multie sight lines on the flange. At first I didn't like them because I've used single line alignment aid putters for so long. But over the last month, I guess I stopped focusing on the just the center line & my putts per round dropped significantly.

Back