Spieth Can Grab #1 - Is He The Best In The World?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
he is the best in the world right now. He won 2 majors with Rory in the field, and if he didn't have a surprisingly balky putter in Scotland might be going for the season grand slam.

He is playing the beat golf in the world thus far in 2015 and it's not even close. I know the rankings take into account finishes from back in 1967 so even more impressive he can snag this spot already

Right now, he is definitely the hottest golfer in the world.

Part of me believes that at their best, Rory is better. But given his age, Jordan is a very calm force. Not much not to like

Right now, he is. Hard to argue against a guy who has won the first two Majors.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

He is the best and should have been # after the US Open. He has dominated the golf landscape since late last year. But doesn't he have to win to grab the top spot in the World?

I think right now its almost a tie between them with maybe just a slight maybe edge to Spieth. I think in the last year he's played better than Rory.

I feel like he's been number 1 for a little while but he just continues to grow more and more confident i feel. I think he'll definitely take over that spot soon if not this event

I think he will lock this down with a strong finish in the PGA Championship .

I fully believe that Rory when at his best is better than anyone in the world. when playing the golf he is capable of he is untouchable. The problem with Rory is that he is streaky. Spieth right now has been playing the best and most consistent golf, so currently yes he is the best player, but I don't believe he is the most talented. Rory has that title and will for the foreseeable future. Solely IMO of course.

The best of Rory vs. the best of Spieth - Rory wins every time. However, if you made them play 20 times, I think Spieth wins more because of his consistency.

Rory has proven he can play at top 5 level for many years. Jordan is at the top right now. Need to see if he can do it for several years now. I think he can. Will be fun to watch this play out. Jordan seems super consistent while Rory can be up and down.

Yes, he is the best player in the world right now.

Only a matter of time before the standings reflect it.

Rory is too streaky. Jordan is just consistently awesome.

Best in the world. Sure what ever that's worth. Tiger held it forever, Greg Norman had it for ever. If we need a label then I guess it fits.

Its hard to argue with what he has done this year. As of right now, I consider him the best in the world.

Looks to be the best in the world to me right now. He is consistent as hell it seems and for goodness sakes, I hope he decides to stay who he is and be true to what got him where he is. In other words, PLEASE don't make a swing change Jordan!

JM

Best golfer in the world so why not have the title to go with it.

He is the best and should have been # after the US Open. He has dominated the golf landscape since late last year. But doesn't he have to win to grab the top spot in the World?
Wasn't it Rory that lit the world on fire last year? Winning two majors and a WGC in 4 weeks?
Rory is too streaky. Jordan is just consistently awesome.
Has Jordan shown consistency outside of this year? He has been great, but it's not like he's been unstoppable since coming on tour. Jordan is very young, so there is a lot of light at the end of the tunnel

I could not come up with an argument against him being #1 in the world.

Rory I think has more shots, but Jordan is day after day the better putter. When they're both on point, I bet it's a close one.

Wasn't it Rory that lit the world on fire last year? Winning two majors and a WGC in 4 weeks?

Has Jordan shown consistency outside of this year? He has been great, but it's not like he's been unstoppable since coming on tour. Jordan is very young, so there is a lot of light at the end of the tunnel

People do tend to have short memories. Interesting thought here is that most say Jordan is the best despite the rankings and when Rory comes back and wins, Jordan will be the best because of the rankings. The mind works in unique ways.

People do tend to have short memories. Interesting thought here is that most say Jordan is the best despite the rankings and when Rory comes back and wins, Jordan will be the best because of the rankings. The mind works in unique ways.
Latest is greatest.

I'm discounting what Jordan has done this year (I'm not saying you've said that) because it's down right ridiculous. He's 21 and has had a very good year.

God I can't wait for the 2016 Ryder Cup. Hopefully we see a meaningful Rory vs Jordan Sunday Singles match

I agree that right now he is, but Rory is great as well. Hope he comes back healthy and I'm sure Jordan hopes he comes back as well.

Back