Drone Video of Augusta National

bobgeorge

Kentucky Wildcat Fan!
Reaction score
Handicap
This might have been posted before....but this is a video two years ago of Augusta in the summer months while it is closed for maintenance. It is amazing they can bring it back to a thing in beauty for the Masters.

[video=youtube;pkNPiY-j7nE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=6&v=pkNPiY-j7nE[/video]

Wow. Never seen it before in that condition. They sure do a good job for the tournament.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Keep in mind that the Masters is played at the tail end of the golf season down there.

Keep in mind that the Masters is played at the tail end of the golf season down there.

You mind explaining this statement a little more? From my perspective, the Masters is held at the beginning of the best golf weather in Augusta

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This might have been posted before....but this is a video two years ago of Augusta in the summer months while it is closed for maintenance. It is amazing they can bring it back to a thing in beauty for the Masters.

[video=youtube;pkNPiY-j7nE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=6&v=pkNPiY-j7nE[/video]

I'm pretty certain they have birds of prey or SAMs that take care of drones attempting this today

You mind explaining this statement a little more? From my perspective, the Masters is held at the beginning of the best golf weather in Augusta

The course is closed all summer. I would think the best weather is during the fall and winter.

I knew they were shut down during the summer. Interesting to see the work being done.

Augusta National is so green in Spring because it is rye grass not Bermuda. Bermuda is not guaranteed to be green enough that early in the spring. The rye grass dies out as the weather gets hot, therefore the course is closed, and probably looks quite poor in the hot summer weather.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When I first saw this video I thought the course looked pretty good even for heat and it being closed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Augusta is closed all summer long??? I had no idea nor had I ever heard that.
I think they close in May and open back up in October.

I would imagine the majority of their members move north for the summertime anyway so it makes sense.

Wow that's interesting. I've heard of other tracks that are often in less than desireable shape outside of PGA tournaments as well.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I'll be interested to see if "Irma" does any damage with all of those pine trees.

Cool video

Makes sense if its the dead of summer down there and it is closed for maintenance

Back