Windows 10 anyone?

DawgDaddy

Old Coot
Reaction score
Handicap
L.O.F.T.
Just spent about an hour upgrading to Windows 10 and so far so good. Only a slightly different look but it seems to work flawlessly. Anyone else upgraded yet? Hoping we might share tips and tricks here as we discover them.

Mods, I did not find a thread on this so if there is one please merge this with it.

Whats Windows?

-Sent from my iPhone, iPad or MacBook Pro

I did the upgrade. I'm not smart enough to tell you what's different other than some aesthetics.

I did the upgrade. I'm not smart enough to tell you what's different other than some aesthetics.

Me either blu, hopefully someone has spotted some things that are pretty cool though. I am pretty sure it won't be me that spots those things.

I reserved mine but havent download it yet. Will likely do it later tonight or tomorrow

I was in the insider preview and upgraded day 1. One thing to not, if you use multiple pc's in your house, they basically have romaing profiles unless you turn it off. If you associate the same microsoft ID on each...change the wallpaper on one, it will change on the other.

still using 7 and hope not to go to another windows platform again other than for work and if my wife decides to use one for school.

Are you guys upgrading from Windows 8 or 7? I'm still on 7 and wondering what kind of shock I'm in for.....

Just spent about an hour upgrading to Windows 10 and so far so good. Only a slightly different look but it seems to work flawlessly. Anyone else upgraded yet? Hoping we might share tips and tricks here as we discover them.

Mods, I did not find a thread on this so if there is one please merge this with it.

I am upgrading right now. Will have more of an opinion in the next couple of days.

I'll wait until we are forced to buy another lap top. This piece of sh*t HP we have now is on my last nerve. You can be typing and the damn thing jumps backwards on ya. Hate it! :banghead:

I got the notification that I can upgrade, but I can't do it yet because a few programs I use have sent me an email telling me they are not compatible with Windows 10 yet.

Tried..... Frozen after 15%.

Are you guys upgrading from Windows 8 or 7? I'm still on 7 and wondering what kind of shock I'm in for.....

Windows 8, it is a free upgrade for WIN 7 & 8 I believe.

I got the notification that I can upgrade, but I can't do it yet because a few programs I use have sent me an email telling me they are not compatible with Windows 10 yet.

Can you run them in compatibility mode?

I have some older games that require me to run them in compatibility mode under XP...

Might give this a shot on our desktop.. can't be any worse than what's on it now...

I really like my windows 7 , I do not see myself changing OS anytime soon

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Might give this a shot on our desktop.. can't be any worse than what's on it now...

That's what I'm thinking. In fact it might help some of the crap that went down on our laptop like loosing the sound. I downloaded new driver and did all I know ( old computer tech) and never could get the sound back on this HP laptop. Now when you're typing, out of the blue the cursor hops back to the beginnning and you have to start all over. I come so close to throwing this sucker up against the wall it's not funny.

I'm on Win 7 Pro and reserved Win 10 only because the free upgrade will be to Win 10 Pro. I need the Pro version to take advantage of all of the RAM I have for gaming (WW2 Flight sim).

Still seems weird that Microsoft is giving anything away....

I will wait a couple of weeks on the upgrade to allow issues to arise and fixes and patches to come out.
Then I'll upgrade.

I was this close >< to upgrading, and then read that if I upgraded, it would delete Windows Media Center. Seems Windows has done away with WMC and it's the primary reason I have a computer in the first place. So ... staying with Windows 7 for now, as I scope out better options that allow for live tv viewing.

I will hold off on downloading the upgrade until after Savannah. I don't have time to fool with it now, and am always leery of anything new from MS.

The surface pro has been uploaded to Windows 10. In general, since I don't actually use it as a tablet, I prefer the new setup to the old. I hated the start screen.

Can you run them in compatibility mode?

I have some older games that require me to run them in compatibility mode under XP...
No, one of the programs I use for shipping sent an email and said they are working on getting it compatible but until they do if we upgrade the program will not work.

Back