The secret to staying active as you get older is...

And less of "Here hold my beer and watch this".

Walking the course, instead of riding in carts, has done it for me.

retiring and having more time to work out...

Working construction hahaha but I'm not that old yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Diet and exercise. Plan Paradox is your friend, yoga is your friend, lifting heavy things is your friend, running.. is not your friend =)

Walking the course, instead of riding in carts, has done it for me.

Approve and agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At age 37, by no means do I think that I qualify for, "getting older" but from what Ive seen, its all about attitude. People tend to stay young because they still think young, stay active and have a zest for life.
Ive tried to emulate that and honestly, I still feel like Im 25, even though sometimes my body reminds me that Im actually NOT 25 anymore. It used to be that I could get 3-4 hours of a sleep a night and be good to go for the day, now, if I dont get at least 7 hours a day, Im a mess and usually a nap in the middle of the day is required.

Daily stretching for 10 minutes.

Best way to fight sarcopenia and osteopenia is in this book.

I was involved in elite athletics as a teenager and young man. I'm broken, LOL. All over.

More sex??:embarrassed:

Its no secret. Just get up and do something active you enjoy or think you will enjoy. Rinse and repeat. For me I get up to be at the Y at 5:00 am. Lift then do a spin class. Lost 24 pounds and made a ton of friends.

62 yrs and I am the more mature golfer - so as my massage therapist says, "Keep moving and throw those shoulders back" ... if using the computer, get up every now and then and stretch, hit an exercise bike or rowing machine for a few minutes, walk. Get in a longer workout - some weight training, rowing, biking. I like to keep improving my swing and play golf.

Last edited:
At 64, I stretch every morning before I even get out of bed for 15-20 minutes. That has helped my golf game for certain. Just keep moving, walk the course, don't sit at computer for hours on end etc...

Back