The Official 2015 MLB Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like what they are doing. They have finally built the farm system up where there are several good prospects. I wouldn't dump them just yet.
Agree 500%. I was just generally speaking. They are finally being smart about throwing those huge deals out. Like you said, they have prospects now that they are not willing to give up. I like that mindset.

Dont even need to go back that far. Remember the Quantrill, Gordon, Rivera trio? I would love to have Kimbrel. I am just perplexed by the lack of interest in a real 2B (Ackley stinks) and a SP because CC is flat out done.

remember last year when you were angry they didn't do the Gardner for Brandon Phillips deal? Ackley is a buy low guy. CC is what he is, a back end rotation guy. Mitchell looked good in his brief time up, Warren was pitching well when they yanked him out of the rotation. And who knows when Refsnyder or Serverino come up. Although I saw they are going to limit Severino to around 150 innings and he's just about to 100. I just don't see what 2B are out there for them, unless they can get Prado back. I would LOVE that move.

That was huge! Kazmir looks like the real deal and now with Gomez and Fiers, they are ready to make a playoff run!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

If I was an AL team there is no one (outside of KC) that would scare me more than Houston, especially in their ballpark with a team built to hit bombs. The only time I think they will be at a disadvantage will be in Kansas City due to the massive field and the outstanding OF defense of Kansas City.

remember last year when you were angry they didn't do the Gardner for Brandon Phillips deal? Ackley is a buy low guy. CC is what he is, a back end rotation guy. Mitchell looked good in his brief time up, Warren was pitching well when they yanked him out of the rotation. And who knows when Refsnyder or Serverino come up. Although I saw they are going to limit Severino to around 150 innings and he's just about to 100. I just don't see what 2B are out there for them, unless they can get Prado back. I would LOVE that move.

Should have never gotten rid of Prado.

yeah I liked him. Did when he was on the Braves too. Just one of those guys that can play everywhere and plays the game the right way. Although Eovaldi hasn't been a bad return.

PS this trade deadline week has been freaking fun to follow.

Ackley is better than his numbers show. His BABIP is 14th lowest in the bigs, meaning he puts a ton of balls in play but doesn't get hits. That should trend more towards the mean. His BABIP is .234 which is really, really low.

Ahhh... I would LOVE to get Prado back!!!!

If I was an AL team there is no one (outside of KC) that would scare me more than Houston, especially in their ballpark with a team built to hit bombs. The only time I think they will be at a disadvantage will be in Kansas City due to the massive field and the outstanding OF defense of Kansas City.
The 'Stros took the first series and the Royals took the second series. It will be very interesting in the post season for sure.

The 'Stros took the first series and the Royals took the second series. It will be very interesting in the post season for sure.

Ya that would be an incredible playoff series. Two teams that play the game completely different offensively.

Ackley is better than his numbers show. His BABIP is 14th lowest in the bigs, meaning he puts a ton of balls in play but doesn't get hits. That should trend more towards the mean. His BABIP is .234 which is really, really low.

he's one of those moves that can certainly work out. Hasn't played 2B since Cano came over. Don't try to confuse me with those sabermetrics

Also, just read that the Yankees are in on Aroldis Chapman, along with Kimbrel and Carter Capps out of Miami. Have to think they will add another back end guy today.

he's one of those moves that can certainly work out. Hasn't played 2B since Cano came over. Don't try to confuse me with those sabermetrics

Well we can all agree anything is better than Stephen Drew. How does someone have 13hrs and hit .190?

Ya that would be an incredible playoff series. Two teams that play the game completely different offensively.
Advantage to the Astros due to their pitching.

Also, just read that the Yankees are in on Aroldis Chapman, along with Kimbrel and Carter Capps out of Miami. Have to think they will add another back end guy today.

Chapman would surprise me. Do you remember the series against the Yankees when Capps pitched against them. They couldn't hit him. His footwork is so freaking bizarre.

Sorry I love Sabermetrics. BABIP is a pretty easy one to understand. Batting Average on balls in play, so essentially takes out strikeouts. It sort of measures luck in a way. Speed has some to do with it as well. A guy like Billy Hamilton or Dee Gordon will have a pretty high BABIP due to the fact they beat out many more ground balls than say Prince Fielder. Ackley is like 30 points lower than MLB average.

Part of it is his line drive rate is wayyyy down, but I still think he will be better suited in a new lineup in a MUCH different ballpark.

Well we can all agree anything is better than Stephen Drew. How does someone have 13hrs and hit .190?

without a doubt. He either has big hits and multi homer games, or doesn't get more than 3 hits in a week. Been serviceable, but man he can't handle the bat at all.

Dont even need to go back that far. Remember the Quantrill, Gordon, Rivera trio? I would love to have Kimbrel. I am just perplexed by the lack of interest in a real 2B (Ackley stinks) and a SP because CC is flat out done.

I'm not saying Ackley is the next Cano or anything but don't be surprised if he does better than expected for the Yankees. The Mariners have a horrible track record of developing hitting prospects. Among others, see Adam Jones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advantage to the Astros due to their pitching.

The pitching is fairly even in my mind.

Kuechel<Cueto while both are aces, but Cueto gets the edge in my mind just based on history and his absolute dominance over the past few years.
Kazmir>Duffy
Yordano>Feldman
Volquez>McHugh

I don't think you see #5 starters make any appearances, maybe even #4s honestly, but they are pretty close.

Bullpen goes to KC, but they have one of the best of all time.

oh look another good player going to AL, thanks TH

I wish they would have kept him. Wasted time and money on drew and been bouncing other guys up and down from the minors plus an option at 3rd and the outfield.

i like the though of reducing the game to 6ip but when cc and others are giving up 5 or more before that point and the offense struggled for some big stretches there is a bigger need in the SP

I'm not saying Ackley is the next Cano or anything but don't be surprised if he does better than expected for the Yankees. The Mariners have a horrible track record of developing hitting prospects. Among others, see Adam Jones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is Ackley expected to play more 2B for the Yanks? He's only played 1 game all year there for Seattle.

I'll agree with the bullpen. Kuechel and Cueto are probably equal. McHugh and Volquez are probably a little closer than you might think, but Volquez gets the nod there. Wont argue with Yordano and Feldman. I always felt Feldman was the weakest link in their rotation.

Houston wasn't even leading their division three games ago.

As much as they have had the Royals number this season i would just as soon they earn a Wild Card spot and lose the single wild card game. I like their chances against anyone else. Houston, for whatever reason, not so much.

It would be even better if they went on a nice slump and didn't even get a wild card, as far as I am concerned!

Is Ackley expected to play more 2B for the Yanks? He's only played 1 game all year there for Seattle.

Yes he will be. Only reason he wasnt in Seattle was because of Cano.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back