Cobra F-Max One Length Irons

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
New F-Max One Length irons from Cobra Golf and THP TV sat down with Tom Olsavsky, from Cobra Golf to discuss. In this Quick Tech episode, Tom explains the technology that was placed into the F-Max version of the single length iron set and what makes it more forgiving for the higher handicap golfer.

https://www.thehackersparadise.com/cobra-f-max-one-length-irons/

Nice quick informative video. I like how they made the F-Max uber forgiving with weight placement, but I don't like how they are starting at the 6i. I understand their reasoning, however for someone like me who struggles with hybrids, I'd much rather have SL irons in those slots.

Deep undercut, deeper CG sound like a recipe for success. Are there plans to round out the set with one length 5 hybrids? Considering they stop 1 L irons at 6i in stock configurations, that would be an interesting idea

I think there's a very high probability these irons could really help a lot of golfers. One length is legit. Pair that with the extra helpful head and golf should really be a lot easier.

The F7 and Forged One Lengths wedges are SO easy to hit - and hit high. I'm curious about the 6i length and how the technologies works at the bottom of the bag on these irons.

• Admin
Thanks T4K. Always enjoy the breakdowns from TO.

I'm glad they went with a One Length offering in the Max line. I wasn't sure if they would since they already put out hybrids to aid with long club success. But since they left out the 4 and 5 iron, I'm wondering if we start to see hybrids or even fairway woods made with the one length concept.

I think this line makes a ton of sense for the One Length. Based on some of the feedback from people in the other one length threads about height and distance, I think starting the set at 6i makes a bunch of sense.

I may strongly consider getting these for my wife. She hits her 7i better than just about any club in the bag.

Thanks for the info. I love my F7 Single Length irons. I think the Max line will really help some golfers that struggle with launching the ball higher to help the ball hold a green. My F7's definitelt helped me hit the ball higher.

I think one length in SGI for them is money. I think the forgiveness with the weight placement that affects the CG as well as the consistency that one length offers could be game changers for a lot of golfers.

I am going to a cobra demo this week and these are on my list to try. Just bought the cobra f max 6 hybrid this week and it's such a great club to hit and feels great of the face. Tried the standard f max irons and again stupid easy to hit and also felt great off the face. They felt very soft for a cast club. I am getting a set, it just a decision to go one length or standard.

Adding consistency with the forgiveness available in the F-Max? Yeah....I'm definitely curious. The idea of using a similar setup throughout the irons is intriguing and I can see the simplicity it provides. No issues with this set starting at 6i since that's the longest I'll play anyways before going to hybrid.

Will definitely be looking to give these a swing if I can see them somewhere (preferably outdoors).

Nice quick informative video. I like how they made the F-Max uber forgiving with weight placement, but I don't like how they are starting at the 6i. I understand their reasoning, however for someone like me who struggles with hybrids, I'd much rather have SL irons in those slots.

According to Cobra's website you can order the F-Max single length as a custom 7 piece set with 4-PW, 5-GW, or 6-SW. The standard 5 piece set comes at 6-PW but only in regular or senior flex which is strange to me. I would want past PW so would go the custom 7 piece set where you can order a slew of shaft options and also specify the single playing length that you prefer.

According to Cobra's website you can order the F-Max single length as a custom 7 piece set with 4-PW, 5-GW, or 6-SW. The standard 5 piece set comes at 6-PW but only in regular or senior flex which is strange to me. I would want past PW so would go the custom 7 piece set where you can order a slew of shaft options and also specify the single playing length that you prefer.

You might give them a call. I had a change on a custom order I made (my 5I is 1/4" longer than the rest of the set, and a lighter/higher lofting shaft) and they were awesome to work with.

You might give them a call. I had a change on a custom order I made (my 5I is 1/4" longer than the rest of the set, and a lighter/higher lofting shaft) and they were awesome to work with.

Pain when I would want to order via Budget if I did go that route. Just don't understand offering the F-Max single length as only senior or regular flex.

Pain when I would want to order via Budget if I did go that route. Just don't understand offering the F-Max single length as only senior or regular flex.

ah, that is true. Might check with Budget as I know several items they sold from Cobra shipped direct from Cobra so possible to get a custom order in. Still not ideal as you are now having to work pretty hard to get what you need ordered.

Most THPErs are not their target market

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most THPErs are not their target market

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There doesn't seem to be much activity in this thread aren't many playing them. I'm still waiting for them to be released here in Oz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There doesn't seem to be much activity in this thread aren't many playing them. I'm still waiting for them to be released here in Oz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am still waiting for mine to arrive. I went for Fmax 4,5,6, hybrids and 7-SW in the fmax one length irons.

I prefer hybrids at the bottom of the bag and like me the fitter felt with my swing speed going for irons in the bottom half even one length would not suit me.

I hit the F-Max 6 & 8 irons and PW today with the stock graphite shaft. I did notice they increased the loft in the F-Max irons by 2 degrees in the 4 through 6 irons and by 1.5 degrees in the 7 and 8 iron. The rest of the irons are the same as the F7s. I did get more flight with the 6 iron but more than likely the added loft and lighter shafts helped immensely.

Even though Cobra made changes in the lofts, shafts to get the ball in the air, and improved clubhead construction, I am quite impressed with the feel of the clubs and flight of the ball. The flight of the ball was really good for using range balls.

These may be in my bag in the not too distant future. I need all the help I can get for an old man. Lol

New F-Max One Length irons from Cobra Golf and THP TV sat down with Tom Olsavsky, from Cobra Golf to discuss. In this Quick Tech episode, Tom explains the technology that was placed into the F-Max version of the single length iron set and what makes it more forgiving for the higher handicap golfer.

https://www.thehackersparadise.com/cobra-f-max-one-length-irons/
JB,

I was just fitted for the F-Max OL and I ordered a set 4 iron through SW. I had the Recoil 460 ES shaft installed and lie angle 2° up. They are supposed to arrive tomorrow!!

Last edited:
Hello, I am from Germany and following this forum already for a while as reader. So excuse me for my English.
I got my F-MAX one today and going to try them tomorrow at the range. My gamers are Cleveland CG 16 Black GW - 4 iron but never used 5-4. Simply couldn't hit them. Now I bought 7-4 F-Max One and I am excited to test them. I added the 7 iron in oder to compare with my current gamers. 8-GW should stay in my bag. More after my session tomorrow. Spec. Iron 4-7, 36,25 inch, 1,5° flat. TT XP85 shaft, same as my current 7 iron.

Hello, I am from Germany and following this forum already for a while as reader. So excuse me for my English.
I got my F-MAX one today and going to try them tomorrow at the range. My gamers are Cleveland CG 16 Black GW - 4 iron but never used 5-4. Simply couldn't hit them. Now I bought 7-4 F-Max One and I am excited to test them. I added the 7 iron in oder to compare with my current gamers. 8-GW should stay in my bag. More after my session tomorrow. Spec. Iron 4-7, 36,25 inch, 1,5° flat. TT XP85 shaft, same as my current 7 iron.
Welcome to THP. Congrats on the new clubs. I'm interested in reading your feedback. I've owned and played the other two sets of One Length irons (the F7s are my current gamers). I really think one length technology plus the extra forgiving heads should be a winning combination for a lot of golfers.

Last edited:
Welcome to THP. Looking forward to your feedback on these.

For some reason you cannot find these anywhere in San Antonio to buy or demo. Doesn't seem like Cobra has done a good job in getting these out for the public to try, at least here in South Texas. When the F7 one length came out you could check out a whole set. I love my one length F7's and I am ready to pull the trigger on these if I could just find some demos to hit. I've had these in the shopping cart at Cobragolf.com for about a month now. I just want to verify what I think would be a perfect iron for me. Cobra please send some demos to SA if your reading this!

Edit: Cleveland, I need you to send an HB iron to demo as well. I really want to try the HB side by side with the Fmax one length. If anyone has hit both, I would love some feedback.

I have had my set for a month now. They are a realy good set of irons. They work as intended, very easy to hit and the go realy high and land soft and feel great. I am getting more constant distances than I was with my apex set. I am liking them so much I sold the apex irons as I would not have went back to them as I am getting better results with the cobra set.

Back