Hitting everything on the toe

Erky

Reaction score
Any recommended cures for this? Believe it or not, the results are not as terrible as they should be out here on the toe, but I would obviously like to hit the center of the face. Every one of my irons looks like this now.

314ca6285772a122c7f336239b3dfab4.jpg

*Activate Mward voice* 6 degrees flat bro *deactivate*

Well yeah I would, that much toe is an issue. Kinda looks like too flat.

My swings with a standard wedge are uh, very heely and hard curving divots to the left.

You'd have to be greatly ill fitted for the clubs to cause this.

Not an expert, but it appears you are sucking your arms in or rotating way to soon and delivering a shortened hit to the ball. (hard curling divots to the left)

Try and put a plastic ball marker a few inches in front of the ball and hitting both the ball and the marker.

Try standing closer to the ball.....

I was going to say stand closer to the ball. Had the same thing going on, and I was reaching for the ball just slightly. Letting my arms hang seemed to get it back into the centre of the face again.

But thats just me.

Any recommended cures for this?

Yea,............. Don't do it
lol jk

but really, no instructor here at all but I have come across a few different possible reasons for this. As usual there is no one answer in golf for one result and it depends which flaw you may be doing.
I have found these possible reasons and they make sense to me. Only sharing what I found so don't hold me to this stuff but they do make sense fwiw.

-Could be reaching too far at address and then when you swing your arms are coming back in to a more natural area beneath your shoulders. May require simply addressing the ball a little closer in to begin with.

-Could be lifting the head/spine or in a sense getting taller at impact which then in turn pulls the club in and a toe hit. May require simply staying down and through a tad longer.

- Could be turning hips too much too soon which can work to pull the arms in as well as making you tall.

-Could be too far on the balls of your feet which can cause you to get taller too and also cause the above reason. Stay more on the "arches" of the feet and hold left foot there a little more through the downswing.

Again these are things - right wrong, or indifferent, I came up with on line as to why I might sometimes do this too. I tend to address the ball a tad towards the heal and usualy that fixes my toe hit when it starts to pop up on me. But which one of the above reasons am I actually doing that's sometimes causing it? I don't really know cause it doesn't happen all the time. If it happened all the time I guess I'd be trying one of the above at the range or would have to spend $55 bucks and have my instructor tell me which one and I'm not looking forward to do that unless I have to.

A lot of instructors will say to shorten your backswing, go with a 3/4 swing, and work on getting your upper and lower body in sync.

A lot of instructors will say to shorten your backswing, go with a 3/4 swing, and work on getting your upper and lower body in sync.

I agree, and maybe check how close you are to the ball. Freddie where are you?????

I don't see why lie angle would cause a toe hit. Do you toe hit your driver as well? Did you ever fight a shank?

I would recommend taking a video of your swing and have Freddie take a look. I'll bet he can get you fixed up real quick.

I agree, and maybe check how close you are to the ball. Freddie where are you?????

One easy way to check your distance from the ball is set up and let your right hand come off the club. If it moves towards you you're too far. If it moves away from you you're too close. I saw the Brit amateur who was in contention doing this a lot in The Open.

Excessive toe hits COULD indicate you are coming over the top. COULD BE the case, not a definite.

Don't forget the Gigantor roar.

My cure for hitting off one part of the face is to try to hit off the other part of the face. See if you can hit some hosel rockets consistently. Then try to split the difference.

Don't forget the Gigantor roar.

My cure for hitting off one part of the face is to try to hit off the other part of the face. See if you can hit some hosel rockets consistently. Then try to split the difference.

Yep, do the opposite. Butch Harmon recommends that when trying to correct something.

Back