The Home Renovation Thread

Thanks T2GRN18.

Made a compromise with the wife and went with Mercier Hard Maple. Gives me some character but not too much

No worries, anytime. It's always good to be able to help a THPer with something I deal with on a daily basis.

Thanks T2GRN18.

Made a compromise with the wife and went with Mercier Hard Maple. Gives me some character but not too much

Which did you choose?

Having my shed built today! Excited!

How big did you go? Anymore it seems like the smaller sheds are just brought in on a rollback and placed where the customer wants them.

the contractor is here for some foundation work on my house, they are digging it all up, this is getting a bit scary

How big did you go? Anymore it seems like the smaller sheds are just brought in on a rollback and placed where the customer wants them.

12x8. They started at 930am and were done by 6pm. Looks great. Now we just need to paint it

lXzEq3mzODAQ5bqtoIaFgZDmWdRdIqP3fXSpjF1-GUpktym7FNAJv-M9uH7VwPR2uY9Q5UtiXGpBworvzs1KMyS2q0f1hlqbg_m_1g1L_DJGXIFnzQ8fxHMs4nZ92dc1xAKYqBtuJp4U3BTjasYQnxqMoVjU5YNMYwBMyc8EbChZLgGRl9wTyHdrZIjszf3SshCgvVxCRZqYdIcol3XRWlxf_0YCqZtLukjWLUtj5Z81O5l1WaTd0Ej1fhKoa7U2M4R3_BzzMh5wGwJ1hY_VN_JzsNnDVsaqkoHZH23hpi3naKufefIIo0ICEDPbIgbyWyHpo6UyohKQFn7QqcdaK2zynTv3bSlKmw9cs4J4QksyjjI2XSkpt9hOrzJH8vZF3_ao7aJIDGLDuAlWoG-bwExvODMrxUnrBJnwmzRS32oMzlhTbphoH13DUqWkcOXsBzQGBAITRAyzpN9VawiAs9ONp_MrSWaXtTeixH3XNeA-6zxU6_na8E0nJq9QzG0KI-SgCpU=w858-h643-no

hYf8qIkkbVQFVWWqauoi6hKrSXpwSEnvcqrFmOmk7QvSews4-6DQQdFTr38ah6jnK7QTV8B1gbRAEIB1NgWlffnp229XohTm-Jb2ueRyOpsPwGWiQohtRBpoqO-a5JaMhxpOV55rSD4d72P0XNXYjglSoWQ6_8rMmkDbnbejmI-CgW_s2OlBGoMg68Bd9da2Ce7-MPym0r8UjSUGqrFunRwVwDzNUF0oO7odhLyXAEjtHSaMuBIEe_5u82_BzlXokUKj7qYMuiKD5FlE9oOxn-CBt4n1y-gNYH7YssC10Zaq9TfQl4vbbxU-bXkd7p5w94XTRGUJyzsxU5yZIsUY2nuyZKOeR-XizEAbsZGbUp-Zu4IaUKmeK2efANQt-6b7325gy5ULmLFEhcafFQJZ9BbuKksSeTEyKUpKGgPGEgYbuh7OlVvuWkLGvHka6yQY-YQREv5JFHfvlYMtIcrgCcXfOa5jLNTWZuaV9IxI8I-bKEwAy7ucWCcCrAX3AIO9KS_bt4s=w858-h643-no

Lwp3uMwjVpausmVHaN0Dcj_MXjcQRRZGkyQoCMV01fHTlCWGMCEuXI4GKqXMXs_LPK0MqzSxzPc_WxEMqkbov8B04R7zS2lbcpns7tAMt08AdRzDt75JkT4pBP445GCQrt6hfrr2qQACdW-NmVmn11agv51yhIEFoQtNMYMpZCYIuObM-AGT362zVT9rpt8NiFXzoHWUk0qNWZx6XrkI170cm7WwUyFzqLCywPg1un-gZtO-pdTQWChoHEJaAceFqjvP8r-BZdHy4aGBftaaG-Ri0onupigKIQ9HxrCmkha-uJzmN4w09yjmHZ4t4QYQHAaeXdO2kHpmVVtC4--0A80zIiaagck2t-TyGSbxR0UpbvUfbRm71ExOx8LH79lj9SGhttGO8C08ua6kY0Vi1_aF7SYrvuuc5BXOAHQSU4NWIkji8ffLYbjabkJdH-4gs-_MRB1O90cJGI4gVMifLv79zWI-hOzGZMd0gkOsXWzF5mY3KUVyyHE94Y6dl0uwpx_98QY=w858-h643-no

IMG_20150824_115706_zps1yyegk0z.jpg~320x480

Oh god, that looks like something from Canadian Mike Holmes' show and very expensive. Good luck!

Oh god, that looks like something from Canadian Mike Holmes' show and very expensive. Good luck!

yup, it is expensive, I can't wait for it to be over

My parents recently moved into their new placed after remodeling it. Certainly wasn't my project thankfully, after doing mine last year I'm good for a while. But it was still one I followed along and participated with, and was a total transformation. Here are some before and after pictures.

Front prior

Front after adding garage

Formal living and dining before

AFter

Kitchen before

AFter

Master Bath Before

After

It's hard to tell in the photos just how much the main part of the house has changed, it was a pretty fun project to be involved in. Much more so when I wasn't paying the bills and responsible for getting it done.

Those are huge changes and it looks so much better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The house was a total gut, it was original from the early 90s and was complete with all of the pinks and greens you saw in FL during that time period. They also moved/added a laundry room, redid all of the bathrooms and all of the floors in the house. Wood in the bedrooms and office and the travertine you see in the living areas.

That's a fantastic looking renovation.

nice... my reno just went up 5k...

The Home Renovation Thread

Got wood?

7c9134e72d38d90a912843c502485cb8.jpg

Took delivery of 3" X 8" Douglas Fir planking. I'm going to be milling these down on site to rebuild a series of windows that are no longer available . The joys of renovating. But, it's one of the fun parts of the work we do. Cost wise it's not the most economical way to go, but to be able to display some craftsmanship and versatility it's pretty cool. Every window on this job is single pane and we're re-working all the windows to be retrofitted with high efficiency low E glass.

Love to see pics of the finished windows dude! I love me some good craftsmanship!

Got wood?

7c9134e72d38d90a912843c502485cb8.jpg

Took delivery of 3" X 8" Douglas Fir planking. I'm going to be milling these down on site to rebuild a series of windows that are no longer available . The joys of renovating. But, it's one of the fun parts of the work we do. Cost wise it's not the most economical way to go, but to be able to display some craftsmanship and versatility it's pretty cool. Every window on this job is single pane and we're re-working all the windows to be retrofitted with high efficiency low E glass.

That's good looking stuff, and 12/4 of anything isn't cheap. Looks mostly flat and straight too.

If you can snap a few pics along the way as you go from stick to windows that would be great, I'm always interested in a good build along.

That's good looking stuff, and 12/4 of anything isn't cheap. Looks mostly flat and straight too.

If you can snap a few pics along the way as you go from stick to windows that would be great, I'm always interested in a good build along.

I'm sure I'll have some pics. I'm also waitin on some 12/4 ash as well for some kitchen details. Lead time is a bit longer for that. But not as bad as the reclaimed Redwood siding which 4 months plus shipping.

I'm sure I'll have some pics. I'm also waitin on some 12/4 ash as well for some kitchen details. Lead time is a bit longer for that. But not as bad as the reclaimed Redwood siding which 4 months plus shipping.

Love me some Ash, looks great and not too bad to work with though it does tend to splinter. Definitely not just for baseball bats though. Get it while you can!

Love me some Ash, looks great and not too bad to work with though it does tend to splinter. Definitely not just for baseball bats though. Get it while you can!
You got that right. Those beetles are destroying the old growth of that species rapidly.

Well we closed on our house a couple weeks ago and have been remodeling it ourselves for the last couple weeks. We are having people install new floors in the living room hallway and kitchen starting Tuesday. I can hands down say after tearing down 4 rooms off wallpaper and patching a zillion holes I'm hating remodeling lol. We are moving next weekend and I'm ready to be done.

Wallpaper and linoleum are the worst .

Cleared out excess brush and branches and finally got our vinyl fence installed!

4307979b02c89ef8a345523115b90788.jpg

40c492dab2957b1a1141d4f1f984cdbd.jpg

Here is our house so far. Trusses went up Thursday. Weather has been great so far.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 0
Back