The Official Rory McIlroy Thread

was thinking the same thing, he looks thinner. Although that could be just the attire he is wearing.
Well, I think it helps that we never see his bird legs normally.

was thinking the same thing, he looks thinner. Although that could be just the attire he is wearing.
He hired TWs stylist....lol

But seriously, he looks like he she'd some muscle. Did you see his workout video from the other day.

Well, I think it helps that we never see his bird legs normally.

BTW the sound of that driver there is intoxicating.

Pfft.
No serious golfer wears shorts.

He hired TWs stylist....lol

But seriously, he looks like he she'd some muscle. Did you see his workout video from the other day.

The one with the medicine ball?

Yes, the balance and strength he showed. I can't help but think it was over exaggerated, his injury.
The one with the medicine ball?

Yes, the balance and strength he showed. I can't help but think it was over exaggerated, his injury.

Wouldn't be the first time the media over exaggerated something if that's the case.

The tape tan is legit.

I want tape tan.

Depends on who you listened to after his injury was announced. So much speculation on it. The balance was impressive, I'd fall on my ass.

Wouldn't be the first time the media over exaggerated something if that's the case.
Ruptured was what I heard and that is a season ending injury.

I want tape tan.

Depends on who you listened to after his injury was announced. So much speculation on it. The balance was impressive, I'd fall on my ass.
I give you some of my tan if you like

Ruptured was what I heard and that is a season ending injury.

Yep, that's what I heard too. I can't imagine it would be physically possible to swing like that on a ruptured ankle, let alone work out like he does.

I believe it was a tendon and not the ankle. Reports I had seen when it happened said recovery was anywhere from 4-6 weeks but could be longer. Looks like that 5 week timeframe is where he is at

I believe it was a tendon and not the ankle. Reports I had seen when it happened said recovery was anywhere from 4-6 weeks but could be longer. Looks like that 5 week timeframe is where he is at

yea I guess that's true. I didn't realize it had already been a month since it happened. Who knows. I don't really care, I'd love to see a healthy Rory back. Last time people started to say he was falling out of #1 he came out and won 3 times in a couple weeks haha

Even if it was a tendon, the term rutrued was used in every report. That would be a complete blowout of the tendon and would need surgery. I am think it was more a serve strain or minor tear. That is why I kept saying it was a season ending injury. Doesn't seem so bad from the two videos I saw.

Even if it was a tendon, the term rutrued was used in every report. That would be a complete blowout of the tendon and would need surgery. I am think it was more a serve strain or minor tear. That is why I kept saying it was a season ending injury. Doesn't seem so bad from the two videos I saw.

I mean it didn't look good...

Spoiler
11820521_860262890730008_756903033_n.jpg

Put that bad boy in a spoiler due to feet and may be unsettling to some.

Agree with complete blowout. Here is the one article I saw before about the injury and recovery

http://www.ankle-arthroscopy.co.uk/patients-site/torn-atfl

Yep - he's not doing those exercises with a complete rupture.

Rory is playing the PGA. PGA tour announced a tee time for the championship next week with him in it.

Rory is playing the PGA. PGA tour announced a tee time for the championship next week with him in it.

I believe he is going to play as well. However didn't they do the same for Tiger last year? Announce a tee time before anyone really knew if he was going to give it a go or not?

I believe he is going to play as well. However didn't they do the same for Tiger last year? Announce a tee time before anyone really knew if he was going to give it a go or not?

Really? Interesting. I guess that's possible, but Rory also posted a picture of him flying to the US today, and retweeted the below tweet from the PGA

Really? Interesting. I guess that's possible, but Rory also posted a picture of him flying to the US today.

yup I saw that this morning. Like I said, I think he is playing too. All signs kind of point that direction. I think the clues he's been dropping are a bigger indication than the tee times. Because until he officially backs out, they are going to include him on the tee sheet.

I'd say his ankle looks to be ok, I think the real question will be after walking around this course how he feels!

That swing is so so so so solid. And he said he's been practicing putting a lot while he was down for a couple of weeks, so maybe that will help him this week considering that's what has been holding him back. If he putted better, he would have run away with the US open.

He announced this last week, I heard about early Friday morning
yup I saw that this morning. Like I said, I think he is playing too. All signs kind of point that direction. I think the clues he's been dropping are a bigger indication than the tee times. Because until he officially backs out, they are going to include him on the tee sheet.

Back