The best shot of the round

Yesterday, iE1 5i from 203 to 4 feet.

Tuesday - Gap wedge tee shot - 118 yds from an elevated tee into a left to right cross wind. Put it on the green for one of two pars for the day. Ugh.

OR - Six iron from a hook lie 175 yds out that I hit thin and put on the green. I had to play it directly at a gaping bunker and have it draw back onto the green. Well, you know the saying, thin to win.

Damn. I did not have a good round.

The best shot of the round

60* from 82y, pitch mark about a foot short and right of the hole, and spun in for an eagle. I was even par through 13 holes but had to leave for my spi lesson. such is golf!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I drove into a water hazard and was forced to drop from 235. Uphill shot with the pin tucked back into the left corner.

Hit 5W to 18". Easy Par.

I drove into a water hazard and was forced to drop from 235. Uphill shot with the pin tucked back into the left corner.

Hit 5W to 18". Easy Par.

Money shot dude!

2nd hole plays 370 with a blind tee shot. Hit a really nice cut off the tee to leave myself around 80 yards to a front pin. Hit a full 60° pin high about 6 feet left. Knocked the putt in for my only birdie on an otherwise forgettable round.

Yesterday's round, my best in 3 months, yielded a few shots worth mentioning...

First was a tight drive on a 350yd downhill par 4 that I got to the fringe for an easy up and down birdie.

Second was a short sided flop shot with the green running away from me that stopped 4 feet from the hole to save par.

Next was big breaking, left to right 25 foot putt for birdie on #11.

The last was a pair of wedge shots from 80 & 50 yards on 16 and 17 for kick in birdies.

Yesterday was such a good round!

I had 130 ish on the 5 th hole. Hit a nice wedge to 3 feet , looked so pretty flying in the air. Almost like it was going in slow motion (and no I wasn't drinking today :). ). Rolled right next to the pin , everyone said "great shot guy , great shot " . But I was so caught up in the moment that I missed the putt :( :(

Easy one for me today. 5 iron from 196 to here:

bf0ab889c504ec44a829e712327288c6.jpg

It was uphill and there were bunkers…everywhere.

#XRPro

Easy one for me today. 5 iron from 196 to here:

bf0ab889c504ec44a829e712327288c6.jpg

It was uphill and there were bunkers…everywhere.

#XRPro

Wait wait wait wait.....someone got the XRP's out and about?

#Petebombs

It was an awesome shot.

Wait wait wait wait.....someone got the XRP's out and about?

#Petebombs
I put them back in the bag Tuesday and hit them well. I went back to the Apex yesterday and struggled. It's all mental.

I put them back in the bag Tuesday and hit them well. I went back to the Apex yesterday and struggled. It's all mental.

Excellent shot no matter what irons are in the bag, well done sir!

Nuked my approach from 70 yards on a par 5 today and was left with a 60 footer. It went in for birdie like it was on rails...Longest putt I've made in a long while.

130 Yd par 3 tee shot to 8 ft sunk the putt for bird.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

After hitting my 3-wood through the fairway into a pond on a short par 5, I dropped back from the pond and had 187 to the pin. I smoked a 6 iron over two bunkers guarding the front of the green and landed the ball 8 feet short of the hole where it trickled just onto the back fringe. I 3-putted for a 6, but that shot was so pure, especially after the disappointment of hitting what I thought was a perfect 3-wood, only for it to end up rolling into the pond. :(

So longish par 4. I hit a bit of a duck hook off the tee and I had about 200 left under a tree with a big tree that takes up a good part of the fairway when it gets narrow by the green (so a draw is necessary). Helps to be on the right side, especially for someone who can't hit a draw on command. Well me and my buddy are about 2 feet apart. He plays first. I tell him $5 he can't put it on from here. He's a good golfer, so I was a bit nervous. He plays and comes up about a yard short of the green. He makes the same bet for me. So I pull my 4 hybrid, just trying to keep it under the tree branches. I hit the prettiest little draw I've ever hit, under the branches and it ends up flying to the green. Lands a bit short and then runs to the upper portion of the green (a bit unlucky it didn't come back down the hill, but I made my 2 putt from there). This is kind of my nemesis hole, so it was good to hit that shot.

I pulled my drive on #10 causing my ball to hit a tree and go backwards into a fairway bunker. I hit a really nice high shot out of the bunker from 137 yards which landed on the green and stopped about 8' from the pin. I made the putt for birdie.

Best shot of my round was on hole 3. Hit 9 iron onto the front of the green (par 3) and had a nice little uphill putt that was out around 25 feet. Drained it and helped kick start the round!

50* from 125 into a good breeze, stuck it to 3' and tugged the putt. cool

13th, par 3 playing at 133 flag I think. Took the 8i and choked down just a hair - tracking the whole way and looked like it may go in after landing. Get up there to realize I carried it 12 feet past the hole then it stopped after about 2 more feet. Drained it for the birdie from about 14 feet.

Heavenwood to here from 225:

2596715eacd2009e1909f4a4f72f5840.jpg

Man I love that club!

In a fairway bunker 150ish from the pin. Down wind with a back pin placement and water behind the green.

Hit a PW to about 18".

170yd 7i to 6'.

Back