Status
Not open for further replies.
4636449db302a82a30dd48d51361e367.jpg

A little pre-birthday champagne celebration. Wife pulled out these glasses ...

I passed the Massachusetts construction supervisors exam today. I am finally a licensed construction supervisor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In 1933, my great grandfather wrote a song, and sent it off to Washington to be copyrighted.

Today, in 2015 at a family reunion at my house, my grandmother got to hear her father's song for the very first time. The look on her face, and tears of joy, were absolutely wonderful to me. Especially since her dementia's been held in check by some new medication, so she knew exactly what she was hearing and what it meant to her.

She gave me the sheet music to the song after finding it in some old paperwork a little while back, thanks to the Internet I found a piano player and then had my friend (a classically trained singer in Ireland) record vocals, then I mixed it all together. I can't put into words what it meant to me to be able to give the gift of hearing that song to my Meme.
That is incredible Russ. What an awesome thing you did for your grandmother.

My dad's uncle wrote a beautiful song snowflakes and he would occasionally sing it at family gatherings. I would love to hear him sing it again.

Made it through day 1 of this no meat, no dairy, no sugar journey. Not so bad...at this point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is incredible Russ. What an awesome thing you did for your grandmother.

My dad's uncle wrote a beautiful song snowflakes and he would occasionally sing it at family gatherings. I would love to hear him sing it again.

I know what you mean. My great grandfather loved music, we used to have reel to reel recordings of him singing various songs, usually hymns. To this day, whenever I hear "How Great Thou Art" I get a bit choked up remembering how much he loved to sing that one.

6 months at the new gig and just got my first raise. Man that's a good feeling.

Got engaged last night to my beautiful girlfriend of almost 9 years. Been a long time coming but we are certainly happy with the timing.

So Id say I've been pretty happy for the last 24 hours haha

Got engaged last night to my beautiful girlfriend of almost 9 years. Been a long time coming but we are certainly happy with the timing.

About time TC1 congratulations!

About damn time Bryan. You said in April or May you were gonna do it. I was starting to think she said no. Haha Congrats buddy!!!

very nice. Congrats.

9 YEARS!!! That is a keeper, Congrats buddy!

Congrats! And I'm sure she's is glad the wait is over

Congrats chosen1

Congrats Bryan, any idea when you will get married

Congrats! She waited 9 years? She must really like you

Congratulations, my middle son dated his wife 9 years before they were married. My oldest 8 yrs before he married his.

Congrats Chosen1

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Congrats man! Enjoy it

10-05-2012-phil-mickelson-thumbs-up-4_3.jpg

Congrats bmik

Congrats, Brian! Happy for you bud.

Congrats Brian. Thats exciting stuff.

Congrats Bmik!

Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back