Ping glide 2.0 wedges - shafts

Brucem609

Rum Afficianado
Reaction score
Handicap
Considering the ping glide 2.0 wedges. They come stock with the ping awt 2.0 shaft at 118g.
the other shafts at a no charge upgrade are:
KBS Tour, True Temper Dynamic Dynamic Gold, Nippon N. S. Pro Modus 3 105, XP 95, and Project X shafts

wondering if one is better than another? The 105 may be too light in a sand wedge, but the NS po 850GH is only. $13 The kbs tour 105 is a $13 pcharge, the tour 90, and tour v is $18.
what to do, what to do?
anybody chime in please

Can you try them out and see what fits you best?

Dave

Not sure if you are worried about the weight of the shaft. Normally most want the shaft a bit heavier in the wedge. The AWT shaft is made by Nippon for Ping. It weighs 118 cut which is nice and heavy for a wedge shaft. For reference, I have 2 True Temper S200 shafts from vokey wedges and cut they weigh in at 115 grams. So the 118 of the Ping is right in line with an S400 most likely. I can tell you the shafts feel crisp and are different that the normal TT wedge shaft. If you like more of a True Temper feel, go with the CFS wedge shafts. They will not be an upcharge and feel very good and similar to S200-S400s.

Awtryau89 thanks for the great houghts.
I read a lot about how nice the Nippon shafts feel, how fluid they are.
The KBS tour shafts get great reviews.
Just wondering, since I can order the club, with a choice of shaft, what's the great difference really?
I don't mind paying an extra $13-$18 if it's gonna make the club feel amazing

Trying to get a great set of wedges

I think the swing weight is more important than the shaft weight. The cavity back weights can be changed at the factory. I ordered mine with the CFS80 shaft to match my irons but also specified I wanted them D4 swing weight knowing this shaft was much lighter than standard. It works well for me and I can launch these to the moon when required.

Back