How Do You Review?

I've only tried it once (with Snell balls), and I think I did it poorly.

I just don't feel that I'm qualified to review golf equipment. I'm okay with giving my experiences, but I wouldn't suggest anyone basing a purchase decision on what I have to say. I'm just a bad golfer. I don't have the consistency to be able to tell you whether or. Or a piece of equipment does what it is advertised to do.

I used to write album reviews for a couple of music magazines and some websites so I think that definitely influences how I write reviews of equipment. Especially since I consider golf to be an artistic expression in many respects. So my reviews can be overly dramatic and wordy for sure. But I believe in numbers also and now that I have access to a hitting bay with a simulator I would feel I was doing a disservice if I didn't take the product in and get some numbers compared to my gamer. Pictures are a must to and I always try to put a Star Wars item in the background.

I have done a quite a few reviews in my time on golf equipment but I made my name in the Audio/Video arena. I basically started a business from scratch reviewing and calibrating equipment back in the mid 2000s. It grew so big that I had to make a decision on whether to stay with my day job or go with the side business full time.

That being said, with golf equipment, pictures and unboxings are the first thing I do. Its great to show off the new bling. Next I give my impressions of looks from the topline and address position. Lot's of comparisons here to other competitive products. I love to do a fairly lengthy write up on my first experience with the club(s) after my first range session. Its always good to put this stuff in writing to see how things compare after that first real round of golf or a couple of months down the road. I definitely like to follow up with more pics after some heavy use so folks can see how things wear or any issues I may experience. All in all, just be thorough in your first pass. ALways come back with multiple posts on the little things you notice later or missed in the first review. I don't like to add those to the original as folks may miss it as they don't re-read. Keep a close eye on questions so you can answer plus those questions may spur thoughts for things for you to try or things you didn't realize. Be community first and driven in your efforts. That's how I did it before and would do it again for THP.

Back