Crazy golf swing; this could use a tadashi critque!

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
I guess it works for her, but wow. https://www.golfdigest.com/story/yo...golf-swing-to-believe-it?mbid=social_facebook

You have to see this woman's crazy -- but effective -- golf swing to believe it

By Alex Myers

It’s easy to find videos of unusual and awful golf swings out there. Heck, have you actually tried watching your own swing? It’s probably not pretty. But rare is the hideous swing that actually works. Enter this lady who played in the Web.com Tour’s Albertson Boise Open pro-am on Wednesday.

We don’t know her name, but we know she has one of the most unorthodox golf swings we’ve ever seen in which she turns her body perpendicular to her original line before lunging at the ball. And yet, she crushes it off the tee, according to playing partner and tour pro Steve Wheatcroft, who shared this remarkable video as proof:

I didn't quite understand the moves her body perpendicular to the line phrasing. I mean don't we all? Then I watched the video. Wow. She must have great hand eye coordination. I don't think I could even touch the ball swinging like that.

I am curious what her iron swing looks like... Personally I would pull something so bad swing like that, I'd be in traction for at least a month!

How the heck does she even make contact?

she does get a full turn (or at least as close as she can) and starts the downswing with her lower body

foot placement is odd but it's obviously functional

On the plus side she does get some decent weight transfer and a reasonably in-to-out swing path....

I wonder what her putting stroke looks like!

And here I fret about all these little details.

That is a good pretty jacked up swing. I played with a guy once who had a crazy swing. Not as bad as that one but it was this giant loopy thing. I couldn't believe he was actually able to hit it much less hit it straight.

Just saw this Smalls. Thanks!!! I just imagine huge, heal side divots on tee boxes in her area.

Looks to me like her grip is a little strong . . .

WoW - she's addresses the ball in one stance and at the point of contact with the ball she is in an entirely different position with her right leg way behind her left leg. Her swing produces a 180 degree body rotation.

I'll give that a try on the range

Here is another crazy swing

Back