Jason Day New Putter at BMW

fupresti

Former Big Deal
Reaction score
Handicap
Marriage
Looks like a TP version of the Odyssey V-Line Fang.

409df979b9a0178065e1e65db7a34da4.png

I believe it's an new Ardmore red.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Change caddie. Change putter. Seems like he's really grasping for answers.

He thrived with red previously so guess he is trying to bring back some magic on the greens.

Its working he putted real well today.

Jason Day New Putter at BMW

Yes a new version of the Ardmore. Missing the center section of the mallet. Fang style.

Very easily recognizable that it started with that putter.

Yes a new version of the Ardmore. Missing the center section of the mallet. Fang style.

Very strange that a company would bring out a completely different shape on a brand new putter line instead of naming it something else...But honestly, nothing surprises me anymore : )

I hope all the poking they did at Odyssey when they came out with the Red models comes back to bite them now that they're biting the fang.

Very strange that a company would bring out a completely different shape on a brand new putter line instead of naming it something else...But honestly, nothing surprises me anymore : )

Not surprising at all I agree. I heard possibly using the Ardmore name but a different version of it.

I couldn't tell for sure if it wasn't an odyssey or not, side by side I bet they look identical.

It obviously is different from the Spider but has a similar look to it.

I thought it was an odyssey and then they did a close up of one of his putts behind the putter. They definitely look very very similar.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The outside edges of the mallet are thinner on this TP, other than that it's almost identical. I guess it was their turn to borrow something though...:D

I hope all the poking they did at Odyssey when they came out with the Red models comes back to bite them now that they're biting the fang.

But but this was inspired by tour pros!

Is everyone ditching the spider now. DJ, Day even that Rory special one didn't last long

hashtag chad had a nice little tweet about it. made me laugh when i read it.

I wish all these companies would just be a little more resistant to imitation. I said it when Callaway saddled up and copied Taylormade's red putters, and I'll say it now with this blatant rip off of the V-line fang. Surely with all these brilliant minds in the golf industry they don't need to so blatantly copy every successful thing the competition does do they?

I understand that it doesn't make any difference to me as a consumer, in fact this just gives me more options, but whatever part of me that wants to be a fan of certain brands doesn't like it.

I wish all these companies would just be a little more resistant to imitation. I said it when Callaway saddled up and copied Taylormade's red putters, and I'll say it now with this blatant rip off of the V-line fang. Surely with all these brilliant minds in the golf industry they don't need to so blatantly copy every successful thing the competition does do they?

I understand that it doesn't make any difference to me as a consumer, in fact this just gives me more options, but whatever part of me that wants to be a fan of certain brands doesn't like it.
My guess on this one was Day was toying with other shapes to find something he can putt with. He settled on he Fang and said "this, make me this".

My guess on this one was Day was toying with other shapes to find something he can putt with. He settled on he Fang and said "this, make me this".

I don't doubt it. And I remember Sean Toulon saying on THP TV that their Tour players were telling them they wanted some red putters, so they obliged.

Still, something about it just kinda rubs me the wrong way. I know it's silly to be bothered by this since putter shapes and colors have been treated like the town bicycle for as long as they've existed.

I believe it's an new Ardmore red.

Think I found what the putter is…

205963721d426e15db1dd94bcd7c0043.png

Never been a big fan of TM Putters but it looks good. I'm surprised they haven't had a design like this earlier.

Sweet 8lbs 6oz baby Jesus! Wonder which putter he uses next week.

I thought it was an Odyssey until I saw the TP on it. How is it the same shape head can be offered by multiple companies?

Back