Titleist - Need Help bad, Ordering tomorrow. T-MB/AP2 or AP3 or T-MB

brien

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey guys, I am in dire need for some recommendations on irons.

I am looking to get 4-PW in these possible combinations, all 718.

T-MB 4,5,6 and AP2 7-PW
or
AP3 full set
or
T-MB full set ( don't worry about the cost)

Sold my Ping i25s.

Looking to go all Titleist.

I am a decent golfer, had shoulder surgery a few years ago, been fine since. Not the fastest swing.

that is such a subjective question. Not knowing your swing or really anything about your game its hard to tell. If it were me I would go with the Ap3. Bit more forgiving and one heck of a club. Good luck!

If money is no concern, go get fit by an expert that has trackman so you know what's best. There are so many shaft head combos that it would be impossible to recommend the correct clubs.

Find a Titleist Thursday and get a free fitting and let them get the right combo for you

Agree with the others that a fitting is the way to go to determine what is best for you.

are fitting Thursdays free? I have a connection which allows me to get the clubs at wholesale cost. So I won't buy from the fitter is that ok?

Find a Titleist Thursday and get on Trackman.

Each lineup you mentioned brings something unique to the table and based on your swing you'll be able to eliminate any doubt and get the correct setup.

They are free so it's just a matter of finding one close

are fitting Thursdays free? I have a connection which allows me to get the clubs at wholesale cost. So I won't buy from the fitter is that ok?

Yes Titleist Thursdays are free. From all accounts it is a really good fitting with no pressure to by. I would not buy a set of Titleist clubs without getting fit personally

Superficially, the AP3s are damn nice irons. Easily the best option in the offerings.

Yes they are free and I've never been pressured to buy. They usually email you, Titleist and wherever you did the fitting at what the final decision is made and you can either do nothing, buy from the fittimg place or make an order anywhere else which is what I did.

Buy 3 sets. It's the only way to be sure you are happy!

Seriously though, hit them all and then decide. You may decide you really like or dislike one over another.

I have the 714 AP2's and LOVE them. I have a high handicap and can still hit them well. They are rock solid. My next set would be the AP3's. It sounds like they have the best of the AP1's and AP2's characteristics wrapped into one club.

If money is no concern, go get fit by an expert that has trackman so you know what's best. There are so many shaft head combos that it would be impossible to recommend the correct clubs.

this is the best advice anybody can give!

So I went to a Titliest Fitting today, one spot open.

Hit them all. I hit them all about the same. AP2 seemed heavier then the Ap3 and T-MB, rep said it was just me. The Trackman had me swinging at 83-87 mph 8 and 6 iron and a poor smash factor. Looks like I need to work on some mechanics. I wish I came away with a clear winner, but I hit them all about the same distance. I hate hitting in front of someone judging me. Hit some piss poor shots. Logic would say get the AP3 and save my money. I been toying with getting the T-MB (which felt the best in the longer iron feel) 4-5 and 6-PW AP2 or just getting the AP3.

Hit the new Tour Soft balls which are replacing the NXT Tours, Felt Lovely as Rick Sheils would say.

Thanks

So I went to a Titliest Fitting today, one spot open.

Hit them all. I hit them all about the same. AP2 seemed heavier then the Ap3 and T-MB, rep said it was just me. The Trackman had me swinging at 83-87 mph 8 and 6 iron and a poor smash factor. Looks like I need to work on some mechanics. I wish I came away with a clear winner, but I hit them all about the same distance. I hate hitting in front of someone judging me. Hit some piss poor shots. Logic would say get the AP3 and save my money. I been toying with getting the T-MB (which felt the best in the longer iron feel) 4-5 and 6-PW AP2 or just getting the AP3.

Hit the new Tour Soft balls which are replacing the NXT Tours, Felt Lovely as Rick Sheils would say.

Thanks

What got me was the guy next up warming up next to me at the end of my session. I was uncomfortable and topped a couple hybrids :) not a good feeling.

Dave

T-MB full set OR AP3/AP2 combo set.

Back