The deterioration of my golf swing

Scarnici

#TeamParadise
Reaction score
Little by little over the last 2 years I could feel my golf swing "slipping". I have my good days and I have my bad days but everything is way out of whack.

Freddie I am posting 2 swings. The first swing is from April of 2015 and the second swing is from a couple of weeks ago. I would love to get back to the swing from 2015 and would appreciate your guidance on getting there

Swing from 4/2015
[video=youtube_share;PtrwsXIoM-w]https://youtu.be/PtrwsXIoM-w[/video]

Current swing
[video=youtube_share;1-dZmvixoY0]https://youtu.be/1-dZmvixoY0[/video]

I don't have video evidence, but I can tell you from lack of consistency to loss of distance to ball flight my swing has deteriorated. Some physical some lack of playing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Christian I love the aggressiveness of the newest swing and the length of the 2015 swing. I think somewhere along the way you have tried to gain distance and it's made your swing longer. You actually get through to your right side better in the more recent swing.

Sooooooo...I'd like to see you get back to the shorter swing but full turn. This means when your right shoulder touches your cheek, the swing is complete. Don't stretch those arms for more length. Combine the shorter swing with the aggressive delivery and I think you'll find more consistency and longer carry.

Thanks for taking the time to take a look Freddie. I know I have plenty to work on but I will start a shorter swing

Thanks for taking the time to take a look Freddie. I know I have plenty to work on but I will start a shorter swing

How is the swing coming?

How is the swing coming?

I'm working on a shorter backswing but I'm pretty sure my right forearm is rolling over and just opening up my club face and that's causing havoc

I'm working on a shorter backswing but I'm pretty sure my right forearm is rolling over and just opening up my club face and that's causing havoc

The right forearm is rolling open in the backswing? If so I would like you to work on a straight back takeaway. And get the thumb of your left hand pointed to the sky like your hitchhiking to orlando for a lesson.

I think you can see it here.
220f016fee578d3d6445124d20cdb14b.jpg

The right forearm is rolling open immediately

The right forearm is rolling open in the backswing? If so I would like you to work on a straight back takeaway. And get the thumb of your left hand pointed to the sky like your hitchhiking to orlando for a lesson.

Can you break down the left hand thumb. Just wondering at what point to get point that thumb up to the sky

901a49165f44cb0427adb28554ba7631.jpg

If you were going to take your thumb off the grip, it would be pointed skyward . Right now it behind you because that face it open. The toe of you driver should be pointed upward not behind. The thumbs up drill will help with this.

Back