Gas money for driving work buddys to golf with.

The consent is getting in the car knowing the terms of the transaction :banana:

Sounds like you've done this before...

That's it with this as I think the poor OP is probably like WTF is wrong with these guys hijacking my thread lol

I'm at a loss as to where you read that I refused or "balked" at refunding "4". Can you please find where I said that?

Right here in your first post. (emphasis added)
Do I really go back to "4" and give him $5 back and tell Al and "3" that $5 is what they owe?

You seemed hesitant to do it. That's known as balking.

Fwiw, Al came up and gave me the money and said that I was right. I gave it back and said it was on me and I was wrong for asking for $10. I gave it back.

My lesson, my loss.

Thank you for the replies.

Well handled.

Glad this was resolved!!!!

I see your point. And point taken.

More or less I was stating that since we agreed on $10 prior and "4" already paid the agreed amount and was fine with it, do I now lower the price because that's what Al's willing to pay? I wasnt balking on paying him back, just wondering if I now drop the price and pay "4" back. I see what you're saying though. I could have worded it differently.

Thank you.

I never ask buddies for gas $ if I drive. Sometimes I drive, sometimes I don't. Honestly, we never even sweat it. If they/we wanna toss me/each other $5 for driving, sure, thanks….otherwise we'll just buy a drink or lunch or will drive next time.

I see your point. And point taken.

More or less I was stating that since we agreed on $10 prior and "4" already paid the agreed amount and was fine with it, do I now lower the price because that's what Al's willing to pay? I wasnt balking on paying him back, just wondering if I now drop the price and pay "4" back. I see what you're saying though. I could have worded it differently.

Thank you.

Just an FYI....sometimes thick skin is required in this forum, 99.5% of the guys here have each others backs. But when posting a thread like you did, do expect 99 different opinions than the one you are seeking. If you felt a little picked on remember we were all offering personal opinions of what we would have done.

I see you are new.....and we want you to stay. We are all here because we love this crazy game, and the crazy people we golf with.

Just an FYI....sometimes thick skin is required in this forum, 99.5% of the guys here have each others backs. But when posting a thread like you did, do expect 99 different opinions than the one you are seeking. If you felt a little picked on remember we were all offering personal opinions of what we would have done.

I see you are new.....and we want you to stay. We are all here because we love this crazy game, and the crazy people we golf with.

Trust me, when it comes to forums, in an expert! I've been part of ridemonkey.com for 10 years. I've seen it all. Check out my reply here- https://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?96679-No-Fly-Zone

I like seeing that this was resolved and no relationships suffered any long-term harm in the process. Hopefully you guys can continue to golf together going forward and you can look back and chuckle at this soon.

I usually try to "repay" gas money with a drink, range balls or something else that is bound to come up. If I drive I don't really expect anything in return but it's always nice if someone grabs a drink for you in exchange.

All that aside I can't imagine getting into a weird interpersonal relationship with some friends over $10 each or less. I honestly can't even wrap my mind around that.
This says it perfectly.
If I volunteered to drive I don't ask for money and wouldn't accept it if they offered.
Yep. That seems to be the way we all roll around here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be honest with you, if 4 already gave you 10 bucks, I'd probably drop it. I know that can be hard, but thatd be me.

Random question, you mentioned that you would figure gas out beforehand when it got closer to the date, but did you? If 4 did not hand you 10 bucks, would this have changed the story?

THP is probably one of the tamest, well behaved forums I've ever been on.

It would never even occur to me to ask for gas money. I'm just going golfing with buddies and if someone needs a lift to play and I have room, gas money doesn't even enter my thoughts. The shoe being on the other foot if my buddy drives It doesn't enter to my to offer gas money. I'm not being rude or cheap...it just doesn't occur to me to ask or give. We are buddies, we do things for each other all the time.

It would never even occur to me to ask for gas money. I'm just going golfing with buddies and if someone needs a lift to play and I have room, gas money doesn't even enter my thoughts. The shoe being on the other foot if my buddy drives It doesn't enter to my to offer gas money. I'm not being rude or cheap...it just doesn't occur to me to ask or give. We are buddies, we do things for each other all the time.

unless you are driving in Alabama and your buddy takes the off ramp at say, about 90 mph, then you ask to be let out of the car....is that how it is? lol

unless you are driving in Alabama and your buddy takes the off ramp at say, about 90 mph, then you ask to be let out of the car....is that how it is? lol

Smoothest 90mph exit from the highway of all time though. Never a moment of panic (except for maybe Rob in the backseat). A 3 day vacation out of state where 3 guys are carpooling with a rental car is different circumstances. Everything was agreed upon in advance to be split 3 ways, including gas. That wasn’t just a typical Sunday drive to the golf course where you pick up your buddy along the way (or even a little out of the way).

No offense, but if $10 among friends creates this much strife, then;

A) find a cheaper hobby than golf

B) find new friends

C) both of the above.

Back