Deano

Reaction score
Handicap
Just looking for opinions on what route I should take.

Currently got PW in my C200s, which is 44*.

I've then got two RTX-3s in 54* and 58* which is obviously leaving a big gap in my bag.

My question is, should I try and move to a 44, 48, 52, 56 set up? Which would theoretically be ideal, but would mean spending an absolute bomb on all new wedges!

Or should I simply go for a 50*? Leaving a slightly uneven gap, but only the one wedge being required.

To also add, it's likely that I'll be going for the 50* (if going that route) in the CBX range, or would I be better off sticking with the RTX to keep things consistent?

the 50 is all you need. I don't think buying multiple more wedges to cut down on 2 degrees between that one gap is the right move but if you got the money and love to spend it I wont stop ya!

The question is not what lofts but are you hitting the distances you need to? You need to determine your distance gaps first before you make big changes.

How do you know the 50 with make an uneven gap? Figure out how far your 44 goes and your 54 then find a club to split the distance. It might mean bending a wedge but that isn't much of an issue. Hell I did something slightly weird in I have my 54 the same length(shaft length) as 50, seemed to fill the gap the best.

My guess is the 50 CBX would be your better option for gapping than 50 RTX. But you can't always trust that the loft number stamped on the wedge is going to the yardage needed. Best bet is to get your PW and 54 distances then hit some other wedges that find one that properly gaps between them.

The question is not what lofts but are you hitting the distances you need to? You need to determine your distance gaps first before you make big changes.

Agreed

It depends on what type of gap wedge you choose. A 48* that matches your set will likely go a little farther than a 48* true wedge (like a sand/lob). That's my experience, anyway.

I would personally go 48, 54, 60, all true wedges.

In short 50* should fit nicely into your set.

Wedge set up can be tricky because it's not the loft like fupresti said, but distance or specific shot and distance. I carry 5 wedges and 3 of them are my 100 yard club.

Wicked. Thanks for the replies everyone. Looks like I'm going to have to do a proper distance test.

I'll report back.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I use a 50° MD3 with my c200 PW with no problems

full swings there is about a 5 yard gap difference from ideal, but that is easily made up for by choking down the PW a bit

My Srixon Z545 PW is also 44 degrees and I went 48/52/58 in the RTX 2.0 wedges which suits my needs fine

I'd add the 50* because the 'gap' really won't be noticed.

This is the first question I would answer,

If you can't I think adding a 50* would be the easiest and cheapest way to see if that would solve the issue

Yeah 10 degrees is a huge gap. Anything like 48-50 degrees will do you good depending on your preferences on how you control that distance. Definitely go for it and drop a three iron or something haha

Sent from my SM-G955N using Tapatalk

Back