Are you a 1 type or brand of ball golfer?

Lately, I'm playing Snell golf balls and really like their performance, especially for the price. I still have some ProV's in my bag as well as some Chrome Soft that I've found deep in the rough... all are fine, but for now I'm pretty much sticking with the Snell.

I've got a few golf balls that I like and work for me pretty much the same for my swing:
TaylorMade TP5 or TP
Bridgestone B330 S
Callaway Chrome Soft
Nike RZN Platinum
ProV1 (I will use if found but won't buy)

I try balls, but only game on 99.9% of the time.

Far from a one brand guy. I have a mix of the following I have been playing this year:

Snell MTB
Vice Pro Soft
Chrome Soft Truvis
Srixon QST

On a bad day I end up switching to 'cheaper' options:

Bridgestone E6
Wilson Staff Duo

As my name would imply, sure. Up until this year. Yes I played other balls but anytime it mattered I was smiting a ProV1x. Every time. I'd tried out almost all tour level balls and each left something to be desired. Arriving at Dunham's for a baseball purchase earlier this summer I found a bin with RZN Platinums for 14.99 a dozen. They were stamped with practice so I picked up a couple. I'd played the RZN Blacks in the past and was left very unimpressed, so I wasn't thinking that this would be a score-just normal cannon fodder. Wrong! These are great. Not quite ProV level, but at a third of the price they were very good. Only difference is they feel slightly heavier/deader than the gold standard but performed almost the same.

I went back and bought 10 dozen. Almost the same performance as the V1x for a third of the price? Sign me up. A couple weeks later I saw on another forum that Duncan's had reduced the price to 7.99. I headed there immediately, if not sooner, and realized it was true. I grabbed a cart and proceeded to buy every single ball in the potato bin display they had, 53 dozen IIRC. Why not? I'm set for a long time. I did the math and it's roughly 7 years worth of balls and was pretty much paid for itself this year or very early next year. Great ball. Great performance. Same price as Nitro Blasters? Good times.

Played a round with the kids about a month post purchase. We didn't plan to play but instead hit the range. As a result I didn't have any balls with me. I bought the twerps some range fodder type stuff out of the "found" bin and bought a sleeve of CSx's since they only had Callie balls there. Despite my screen name they are the best balls I've ever played. They're as long as the ProV, they're softer, and they're more responsive. I love the cheap cannon fodder RZN's and they're a great ball. But the CSx is greater. In limited experience they're greaterer than the ProV1x.

Tons of good balls out there is my point. Some cost more than others and some are gooder than others. Right now my gooderist is the CSx. Damn fine ball.

Look, I'll smite anything. It's what I do. But for now if given the choice when it mattered I'd go CSx every time.

One brand (Duo-U), give any other found balls away.

I only play TM TPx. If you look in my bag thats all you will find. If I find balls on the course I usually take them home and put in a shag bag or give the premium ones to my playing partners. I have played pretty much every tour quality ball on the market and the tpx just does it for me. I like the feel, the performance, the looks etc.... All my pb's have been shot with this ball. So this is the ball for me for the foreseeable future.

Nah, I cycle through MTB, Chrome Soft, and Z-star.

For any number of reasons, gifts, gift certificates, curiosity, contests, etc., on any given day I can tee up any of the following, though sticking to just that brand/model for the day:

- TM TP Black LDP
- Snell MTB
- Srixon Q-Star Tour
- Kirkland Signature
- Callaway Chrome Soft
- Callaway Chrome Soft X

My favorite and the one I have the most of is the Snell MTB. However, I have been pleasantly surprised by how the CSX performs. Despite my low 90's swing speed I have seen terrific distance off all clubs and great spin on shots into the greens.

As far as balls go, I play the best ball for the price depending on where I'm buying balls. Some days I play a Srixon Q-Star Tour, other days a Taylormade Project (a), and sometimes the Callaway ChromeSoft if I've got some money to burn. Depends on the day, my playing trends (I'm not gonna buy Pro Vs if I've been playing badly), and how much I've got to spend.

Srixon has won me over. I alternate between Z-Star and Q-Star Tour depending on when I get a deal, but they're just a goldilocks ball. Not too firm, not too soft.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I will try different balls, but I am partial to the Wilson Duo.

Tried the Duo and took a liking to it. But it's not the only ball I play

A good friend of mine who has a single digit HDCP says he plays any ball that he can get for $20 or less a doz.

Although I like to try different balls, I usually stick to only one for an entire round. My three favorites are...
ChromeSoft
B330-RX
Zstar XV

I thought I was with the ProV1x that I played for many years.

With all the ball deals this year (Ksigs, Srixon, Callaway and Nike RZN Platinum) I found that they all perform similar for me and ball performance is more a factor of my swing. If I make a good swing the ball does what I expect. If I make a poor swing then I can expect less than stellar results.

I generally play once a week and after trying all of the above balls this summer I don't see any reason for me at least to pay $40-$50/dozen when I get similar results with the Nike RZN Platinum Practice balls from Dunham's a month or so ago when they were $7.99/dozen.

I got 10 dozen for less than the price of 2 dozen ProV1x.

No brainer to me as I don't get paid to play and I can use the funds I save for lessons or equipment.

I don't believe in playing found balls.

I'm quite happy to play found Pro V1s; just as happy that so many golfers like to loose them. I've got two or three boxes of minty Pro V1s. If I'm forced to buy, I like Tour Preferreds, Project As and TP5s. The Callys are too soft and the rest are just OK. One thing for sure, Urethane cover or bust.

Chrome Soft too soft, but you like Project (a)? That is interesting.

I am a Z Star guy through and through. Been playing them for about 5 seasons now. In tournies, I only game them. In casual rounds I play Chrome Softs, ProV1's, TP5X's, B330's, etc. as well as the ZStar. I haven't found any better bang for my buck than those though. Very consistent flight, wind performance, and spin numbers.

I have been playing Snell all year and enjoy them. I actually find them shorter off the tee and with the irons than many but I enjoy how they react around the greens

Still purely Bridgestone B330 until my massive stockpile is gone, but I'm strong pondering a move to ProV1. Their resilience is awful but I get great results.

ProV1 is all I play.

The best results and they have great durability .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm quite happy to play found Pro V1s; just as happy that so many golfers like to loose them.

I will only hit a Pro V if I find one. And when I have tried them they just don't seem to work as well for me as do balls that cost a whole lot less.

I will only hit a Pro V if I find one. And when I have tried them they just don't seem to work as well for me as do balls that cost a whole lot less.

They are a pretty high compression golf ball despite what their adds tell you they aren't gonna work for everyone, especially if you don't really compress the golf ball.

They are a pretty high compression golf ball despite what their adds tell you they aren't gonna work for everyone, especially if you don't really compress the golf ball.

Just as I thought.

Back