Are you a 1 type or brand of ball golfer?

Like Capt. 441, Variety for the most part.

In the last 12 months I've gamed more that 1 round of:

Bridgestone 330RXS
Callaway Chrome Soft
Srixon Q-Star Tour
Taylormade TP5
Volvik S-4
Volvis Vivid XT

ProV1X and Chrome Soft Truvis. In the winter months, (Nov-Mar) it is always Srixon Soft Feel.

I'm on the fence right now. Usually I play the Pro V1, but they have made a little change in that ball with this year's model and it doesn't feel as good to me or my ball striking. My SS has decreased a little with my age and I feel I need something a little softer-lower compression. Thinking of changing to Chrome Soft, or Snell MTB or any recommendations you guys have.

I'm on the fence right now. Usually I play the Pro V1, but they have made a little change in that ball with this year's model and it doesn't feel as good to me or my ball striking. My SS has decreased a little with my age and I feel I need something a little softer-lower compression. Thinking of changing to Chrome Soft, or Snell MTB or any recommendations you guys have.

Both are fantastic golf balls in my opinion. Also give the Q-star and Q-star tour a look

Alternating between QSTour and Chrome Soft.

The previous weekend I lost 6 Callaways in my round, it was ugly. So when I went to Edwin Watts I got 2 dozen Srixons since $60 is better than $80.

I'll play just about anything. Generally don't play the higher end balls unless they are found and in good shape. If I'm buying, I stay in the $20-$25 range so it's mostly Callaway SuperSoft, Srixon Qstar, or Titliest NXT

I was pretty hardcore on Chrome Soft last year. Tried the Truvis but discovered that I couldn't see them in flight nearly as well (strange, I know). This year when the QST came out I gave them a try and found I really liked them. I tend to like trying out these various new direct-to-consumer brands, so I've bought several dozen Vice and Cut balls. I find I keep coming back to QSTs though, and occasionally Chrome Soft. I have quite a few SuperSofts in my pile of golf balls and in my bag as well. And my daughter gave me some yellow SuperSofts for Father's Day (cuz she thought the color was cool), so OF COURSE I have put those in play even though I'm not a huge fan of yellow. On days when my game is going pretty salty I tend to stick to the QSTs. They fly right and stop on a dime for me. But on days when I'm having trouble keeping it in the short grass I tend to reach to the bottom of the bag and dig out the cheaper balls. I'm really picky about the found balls I will keep. Basically just premium balls that don't have a lot of markings on them and look brand new. If they look like they were hit a few times I give them away or just leave them. I have way too many golf balls in my stash to mess with adding less-than-perfect ones.

I generally only play Bridgestone balls. Mostly the B330-Rx, but I will also play the e6 as well.

When I find extra balls in the woods, I throw them in a shag bag to give to Alyssa to give to her players on her team.

I usually stick to one brand and model of ball.
That is not to say that I don't try other balls from time to time.
When I try something and it works for me, I switch. If not, then I go back to the current gamer.

Lately I'm stuck on two brands and model golf balls:

TP5X
ChromeSoft •X•

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely not... I do admit to playing primarily ProV1x, DuoSpin, or DuoU. However, I also give other golf balls trials, including Bridgestone, Callaway, and Srixon.

I'm pretty open to any brand. There are some that I prefer over others but I'm always open to trying something different.

I play about any premium ball i can find in sale, i dont see any real performance difference in the premium balls, i like pro vs but i will never pay that price.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

More of a type of ball player. Typically keep it to Bridgestone B330-RX, Snell MTB or Srixon Z Star.

I'll play either the Tour B330, Callaway Chrome Soft or the Pro V1. I may toy around with some of the others, but 99% of the time, those are the 3 I'm going with.

For the most part, I play the CS Truvis, but I am really enjoying the few MTB's that I have. If I continue liking what the MTB offers, I am going to switch to all MTB.

I am more open to trying different balls than I have been for years. Brands like Snell, Cut and others intrigue me. I have been a Wilson player for the last several years and they have done nothing to make me change. Its just smart to try other things.

I use the winter months here in the PNW to try different balls but in season, it's always the Pro V-1. Haven't found anything in 15 years to knock it out of the bag. The Wilson Duo urethane was close this spring.

I mainly stick to ChromeSoft **, but with the Truvis design. The Truvis plays a big part in that for me, I just really like it.

But this year I've also played Snell MTB and Q-Star tour and really likes both of those balls as well.

Are you a 1 type or brand of ball golfer?

I'll put a different brand of ball in play whenever I lose one or come up to a hole there is danger, etc. I play whatever I find. I just grab from the baskets and buckets in my car before I hit the course.

5f4cc14ccfd2c9023699e2a252048e29.jpg

I'll put a different brand of ball in play whenever I lose one or come up to a hole there is danger, etc. I play whatever I find. I just grab from the baskets and buckets in my car before I hit the course.

5f4cc14ccfd2c9023699e2a252048e29.jpg
Now that is a sign of a ball sickness. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I was just thinking about this same exact same thing last night, when I read a thread about the new titleist ball.
I don't know what it is but I just don't have any thoughts or feelings about changing what I play. I read where guys try different balls and carry a bunch of different balls. I find myself looking at different ones on the shelf but just don't need to change.
Of course when I was younger I played probably anything and then found out I like a soft ball so I played the maxfli revolution and this was in my early teens.
Then I moved on to titleist, started out with-
tour balata
professional
prov1

and I will probably never change.

I will try everything, but each year I will settle in on one ball eventually and game it.

This years its become the ProV1x because Bridgestone has lost me.

I will try everything, but each year I will settle in on one ball eventually and game it.

This years its become the ProV1x because Bridgestone has lost me.

Why did Bridgestone lose you Jman?

I do a switcheroo a few times each season. When I've picked a ball, I'll play through a whole round with it at a minimum. Usually I'll play a specific ball until I go through a box or 2.

Back