Are you a 1 type or brand of ball golfer?

Great question! I like to keep my options open in terms of what ball I use. If I’m playing well at a certain point in the season I’ll keep playing the same ball. If I hit a rough patch or I run out I’ll switch to another ball in my bag.

Currently in my bag:

-Tp5x
-Nike rzn platinum
-Chromesoftx
-prov1x
-kirkland

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In season I always play the previous version of the 330-RX, I can find them at a price I like and I love the performance. Once the weather changes I play the Wilson Duo it's the best ball in the spring and fall when conditions are ideal.

I usually play either the yellow B330RX or the Chrome Soft yellow/black Truvis. Though I'm willing to try various ones that receive good reviews from THPer's.

Besides my 2 normal gamers, this year I played both the Q-Star Tour and the Duo Spin until I lost them all.

I try to play one ball in a round, but I will play different models. This year I have at one time or another played:

ProV1
Q-Star tour
Cut Blue
B330-RX
Chrome Soft
Wilson Duo-U

I have preferences for some of them more than others, but all perform really well.

One brand - ProV1x. Been that way for a while. I've tried other balls, but I'm just so used to the feel of the ProV1x.

I play mainly yellow Srixon Q Stars,but have tried a sleeve of yellow/black Truvis Chrome Softs which I like But for the price I will stick to the Q stars.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I like trying different things, but there are quite a few balls that seem to work well for me (Chromesoft/B330S/MTB/Penta/One Black (or whatever they're called now)

Callaway Chrome Soft! Definitely a 1 ball type of guy for at least the next 120 lost balls. After that we'll see :)

I will play other brands but 90% of the balls I play are Srixon. I will change up in the cooler months but even then it is another model of Srixon most of the time.

I mix it up. I have several brands in my bag

I have tried several balls this year but have settled on one, the Vice pro plus. I never play found balls.

The ball you use has a big impact on spin rate and ball flight with all clubs, the way the ball reacts when landing on the green on approach shots, and the way the ball reacts to various wedge shots around the green. If you get fit for your clubs any good fitter will ask what ball you use and insist on fitting you using that ball. The reason is that the ball and club both influence the result. You are in a very real sense getting fit for both the swing and the ball you have. Use a different ball and the recommendation that comes from a fitting can and often will be different.

I will try everything, but each year I will settle in on one ball eventually and game it.

This years its become the ProV1x because Bridgestone has lost me.
But they signed Tiger!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I have played a couple of different balls over the last year or so, prior to that I started with the Bridgestone e6 then went on to the B330RX and B330-S, but then moved to the Callaway Chromesoft. Dabbled with a few others (Pro v1, Srixon AD333, Callaway Supersoft) but always came back to the Chromesoft

This year I tried the Chromesoft **, the Mizuno MP-X and the Chromesoft X which I have now settled on and have a mix of both the plain white and the yellow/black Truvis in my bag

95% of the time it's the ProV, but I have tried a few others this year and during the winter months I use the NXT

I have two balls that I currently play, Chrome Soft yellow/black Truvis and Q Star Tour. I don't play found balls, I'll either give them to a friend or toss them in bag pocket for the Shag Bag.

For the most part I play Q-Stars or W/S Duo's. I do have a few Nike Mojo's left from a couple of years ago that I'm working through. I will play a found ball if it's in great shape, if not it goes into practice ball bag. Next year I'm going to venture out into no man's land with some Chrome Soft's or DT Trusofts to see how they play.

Last edited:
Surprised at the number of people who say they haven't found a ball they like yet. How is that possible?

Why did Bridgestone lose you Jman?

I'm not a fan of the new direction, they're leaving behind what made them unique and that has lost me.

I have a few I like a lot (FG Tour, MTB, Pro V1, etc), but nothing that I will play exclusively. They're all similar enough to me in performance that I can barely tell the difference and they all work well, so I use them interchangeably.

Currently in my closet I have boxes or sleeves of:
Srixon
Bridgestone
Maxfli
Wilson/Staff
Top Flite
Titleist
TaylorMade

So definitely not a 1 brand sort of golfer :)

Now, that being said - they're all either 2 or 3 piece lower compression balls, so on that front, yes I do have a type that I prefer.

For the last while I have played the Callaway Chromesoft, as I have a decent stock of them still. I also like the Srixon Z-Star XV. There's also some AD333 and B330 RX rolling around in the golf bag pocket. In colder weather conditions the Supersoft will make an appearance along with the Wilson Dx2 or Dx3.

During the season is Pro V1 (I have tried other premium balls and I cant find any that I like better or are better, so I always end up going back). Winter golf I will play whatever I find or what I can pick up that is inexpensive

I play whatever I find on course, but the Chrome Soft line is a diamond amongst the pearls.

I choose my balls primarily by price. I buy something that’s usually one step up from the bottom of the barrel. $15 a dozen is about the most I’m willing to pay, knowing on any given day I may lose the majority of that dozen.

My choices are similar to this, but I'll usually go to about $25. I don't deny that price is important, as I lose entirely too many to pay $40-50 for them. I sometimes look around and try other balls, but always come back to some variety of Titleist ... mostly the X-Outs, which are ridiculously cheap when available. I usually have two or three different brands in my bag at any given time, though.

Back