The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another movie theater incident. Suspect had gun and hatchet. Killed by cops, haven't seen any reports of victims at the movie theater
Great any chance I had of getting Michelle to go to a movie this weekend, just diminshed by about 1000 percent. Hope there were not victims seriously hurt.

Great any chance I had of getting Michelle to go to a movie this weekend, just diminshed by about 1000 percent. Hope there were not victims seriously hurt.

Sounds like one injured with superficial injuries.

Was at mad max movie.

It's going to get to the point that you're going to have to walk through metal detectors everywhere you go. That'll be fun!

It's going to get to the point that you're going to have to walk through metal detectors everywhere you go. That'll be fun!
And also won't prevent anything.

So I was put in charge of implementing a piece of software we were having created for us, to manage our inventory.... pretty much just a spreadsheet (only coded from scratch).

The problem is, I didn't have a role in laying out what we wanted, just in making changes to get it functional. The software is complete junk, and barely does what we need it to do, and doesn't come close to what we want it to do.

So how do I bring this up? It will basically come down to me hating this software, and no one else has come close to testing it yet. As soon as someone else goes to use it, they will see what I have been struggling with.

So I was put in charge of implementing a piece of software we were having created for us, to manage our inventory.... pretty much just a spreadsheet (only coded from scratch).

The problem is, I didn't have a role in laying out what we wanted, just in making changes to get it functional. The software is complete junk, and barely does what we need it to do, and doesn't come close to what we want it to do.

So how do I bring this up? It will basically come down to me hating this software, and no one else has come close to testing it yet. As soon as someone else goes to use it, they will see what I have been struggling with.
Demo it to your people without the vender in attendance. Explain what the issues are while showing it on screen. Have your people try to do everyday activities with the software. You will naturally have the people who commisioned the software at odds with you. Don't editorialize, just demonstrate.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

There will be a point where people say enough is enough. One of the big reasons we haven't gone to baseball games is having to go through enhanced security this year. Although our team sucks so that may help. I hate going places where I know I'm a sitting duck because inevitably someone will get through somehow and wreck havoc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not a new rant, but USPS tracking is freaking awful

not a new rant, but USPS tracking is freaking awful
HA! Yeah, pretty much we picked it up here, and there ya go, delivered. Nothing in between.

HA! Yeah, pretty much we picked it up here, and there ya go, delivered. Nothing in between.

departs Tampa yesterday at 12:30AM. 6:45AM today arrives at my local post office. Apparently making no stops in the middle and the delivery date never changed, even though yesterday was delivery date.

departs Tampa yesterday at 12:30AM. 6:45AM today arrives at my local post office. Apparently making no stops in the middle and the delivery date never changed, even though yesterday was delivery date.

It's a miserable excuse for "tracking" that's for sure

I am going on 15 minutes of being on hold with them, after they already hung up on me twice. I went out in the freaking rain with flooded roads to get these clubs to you guys by yesterday and no one has the clubs. At least yours says it will arrive today now, the other two guys still show their boxes in Tampa. I am beyond pissed!

I am going on 15 minutes of being on hold with them, after they already hung up on me twice. I went out in the freaking rain with flooded roads to get these clubs to you guys by yesterday and no one has the clubs. At least yours says it will arrive today now, the other two guys still show their boxes in Tampa. I am beyond pissed!
uhooohhh

How about this, I finally got a person and you know what she said "I'm sorry ma'am, our tracking system is currently down, you will have to call back later."

Where I work, you need a background check. Mandatory, non-negotiable. Person applying knew that and knew that it could take a long time. I offered them the job two weeks ago. Today they call me and tell me they're backing out because the process is taking too long. Really? You couldn't tell me this upfront when I told you? Thanks, really. Thanks.

I am picking my sister up at the airport tonight. Supposed to be at 10:30 which is actually 1130 my time. First it's been bumped to 1050 now 1115. I have an early tee time too.

We played as a threesome today and had a foursome in front of us that we waited for on 5+ minutes on every shot starting on the 2rd hole. When we decided to skip the 6th hole because they were not letting us play through one of the wives in the group apologized to for holding us up. She was very nice about it but it never ceases to puzzle me why golfers who are actually aware that they are holding up a group do not wave them through!! When we were on the 18th tee we saw the group on the 12th fairway. We didn't play very fast, 3:15, but had we not skipped the 6th hole our round would have taken almost 5 hours. Slow play is going to be the death of this game!!

Was getting relaxed and settled in for the night and the alarm company calls and tells me the alarm is going off at work. I dove back and fourth for an hour just to slide a latch on a door because the guy who locked up didn't secure it. Twice he has locked up and twice I have had to do this.

Hate finding news on past friends I haven't seen in ages having troubles in life. Life is crazy sometimes.

The least deserving guy in our league got a hole in one tonight. Why can't it happen to a good guy?

The least deserving guy in our league got a hole in one tonight. Why can't it happen to a good guy?

Well then hopefully you took advantage of the bar tab he was picking up :alien:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back