Tour Edge Exotics CBX Forged Blades and Wedges

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Press Release Info

Irons
The CBX blade is a timeless forged muscle-back iron, making it the perfect choice for today’s player wanting that classic forged look with an updated soft feel that allows the better player to shape shots and to strike the ball with greater confidence.

bladeface-M.jpg

Triple forged from modern S25 carbon steel, CBX Blades embody a true classic muscle-back style, delivering unsurpassed responsiveness and shot control. The CBX’s narrow sole, thin top line, beveled leading edge and square toe design are guaranteed to inspire shot-making purists.

“These are true beauties,” said Tour Edge President and chief club designer David Glod. “When you are in my line of work as a master club maker and designer, the blade is the ultimate test meeting the standards for pureness in the look and feel of the clubs. The CBX checks every box and came out as our highest performing Exotics blade.”

bladeglory-M.jpg

Precision-milled square grooves are laser engraved, ensuring every iron is USGA compliant. The beveled leading edge promotes a smoother turf interaction and the S26 carbon steel provides a buttery feel on well struck shots.

bladetop-M.jpg

Available in the fall of 2017, the CBX Blades will be offered in 3-PW, AW. Steel shafts include True Temper’s XP 95, True Temper’s Dynamic Gold AMT steel shafts and KBS Tour Steel shafts. Graphite is also in stock with UST Mamiya Recoil shafts. Lamkin Exotics UTx black grips. Numerous other custom shaft options are also available. MSRP: steel $999.99; graphite $1,199.99.

The Exotics CBX wedges are forged from soft S25 carbon steel providing superb feedback off the club face. The classic signature shape and thin top line are combined with a new custom DG Method – named for David Glod, president and chief designer for Tour Edge – featuring a unique combination of heel, toe and trailing edge grinding.

This ultimate combination in grinding provides unsurpassed versatility and control on critical shots around the green.
“The new grinding process eliminates bounce from the heel and toe areas allowing players to easily open the face or shut it down for exceptional creativity around the green,” said Glod. “The CBX wedge technology all combines to give you the
most precise scoring club available. We are really proud of this one.”

TE_CBX_Wedge-M.jpg

The thin top line of the CBX wedges promotes smooth turf interaction while the Xtreme Spin Grooves, Exotics advanced groove engineering, produces the ultimate in wedge spin due to utilizing the maximum allowed USGA groove depth and width. The CBX series employs dual-groove construction so the lower loft (50 ̊-52 ̊) wedges are designed with deeper, narrower grooves while the higher lofts (54 ̊-60 ̊) have wider grooves. The result is maximum spin and exceptional shot control from each wedge.

The Tour Edge Exotics CBX forged wedge series is available in True Temper Dynamic Gold wedge shafts and is available in 50, 52, 54, 56, 58, and 60 degrees with a suggested retail price of $124.99 steel, $149.99 graphite.

Last edited:
Clean....way beyond my abilities however.

Gorgeous blades!

Very nice, the wedges look very playable

I like the looks of the wedges better than the irons.

Wedges look good, blades look like.......blades......because they are.

Beyond what I should play, but I would give them a whirl.

Not bad looking but yeah, typical blade.

Meh, wedges look ok, the irons don't do anything for me, and even if they did I really don't want a blade 3 and 4 iron.

Meh, wedges look ok, the irons don't do anything for me, and even if they did I really don't want a blade 3 and 4 iron.

CBX Forged would probably blend well in those spots.

CBX Forged would probably blend well in those spots.

Just looked, they match up loft for loft.

Very clean looking for sure. Photos probably aren't doing them enough justice. Triple forged for unsurpassed responsiveness and shot control sounds pretty awesome

I like the wedges, but I feel the irons are too square and not round enough, need softer edges to fit my eye.

Man.. The stock photo makes it look like there's next to no offset on those MB's. Goodness.

That's a good looking wedge. I'm impressed.

My middle and ring fingers started tingling suddenly...

Good looking irons and wedges that I'm sure that look even better in-hand. Above my pay grade but I will still be spending more time at the TEE tent next spring anyway.

I think they're great looking clubs and I'd love to give them a ride, but the MB is beyond my ability. The wedges look like they have a very versatile sole also, so that could be fun!

Very clean, but no way I could game them.

For the market they are created for, I'm sure they will be very overlooked but typical TEE fashion will stack up toe to toe to other comparable clubs. For me, not huge on the way that toe looks in that pic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice looking, tee clubs are great and extremely underrated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anybody actually seen these in person? Can they tell me how the length (heel to toe) of the blade compared to other 2018 blades eg MP18, P730, etc?

Ordered these TE mb blades today. (3i-Aw). No, I didn't pay an astronomical price for them. ($399.00)

The vendor had a cancellation, and instead of eating them, texted me, since he knew I was in the market for some TE blades. We haggled a little. I think I won. I did purchase some other stuff from him.

The lie angles are off by 1.5 degrees, but that can be fixed. They will be sent back to TE for the adjustment, then sent to me.

Flex is correct for me. Grips are fine too.

I should expect to have them in 10+/- days he said. I figure longer.

I don't need them, but I always wanted to play a set of blades. Better late than never I suppose. I don't expect my scores to change that much. Plus, I have my wife's blessings on the purchase. It's a win, win deal.

Attachments

• 1573342044073.jpeg
    1573342044073.jpeg
    14.9 KB · Views: 3
Back