anyone get there lie's adjusted at DICKS'S ??

heftylefty

Reaction score
Handicap
I have never been fitted for my sticks, I'm playing a stock set of TM RocketBladez. Being 5'7" and seeing the toe of my club up in the air, i figure i need to have my lie adjusted bent 2 degrees flat.

What kinda of out comes have you guys had with DICKS adjusting your lies ???

I don’t think I would go to Dicks for that work.

DICK's ain't touching my STICKs

I don't know about you but the local DSG around here are high school kids working a part time job. I would take my business to a actually golf store.

Dick's here in the Denver area send their clubs to Golf Galaxy for the adjustments. Yes by all means I will use them.

Nah ... just send them to Golfinnut's Club Repair! :banana:

I gotcha covered!

loft_machine.jpg

I wouldn't use them unless your comfortable with the person doing the bending. I did club repair at DSG for a little while. When I left there I had quite the following of customers that preferred I do their clubwork for them. Now a days I wouldn't use them for anything. That's why I have a shop at my house now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We need to talk!! Dick's isn't happening!!

yea i was kinda skeptical, thats why i asked...I don't have a lot of options for work like that here in WV

First, be sure you really need them adjusted. The toe is actually supposed to be up a little to accommodate the toe down effect when you swing. Have a pro take a look for you, or get a fitting if you can.

There's no way I'd allow Dick's to bend anything on my clubs. When I ordered my irons from Golf Galaxy a couple months ago, they actually shipped form one of the Dick's stores (in Ohio, I think). They wrapped a piece of craft paper around three of the heads, and left the rest unprotected to rattle and bounce against each other in the box during shipping. If they can't even correctly package a $900 set of irons, there's no way in h*ll I'd let them adjust the lie.

I didn't even think DSG had Golf Pro's working there anymore to do such work.
I'd take it to a local independent club builder or a pro at your local golf course. I'm 5'6 and just recently game irons that are bent flat from the factory, which is .75* flat. Work great for me, but you really should let a fitter take a look at your measurements/wrist to floor etc. to make a better assessment.

I did once. They did ok

Working part time in golf at DSG I know for a fact no one in my store has ever been trained to do lie adjustments. A few things they could do but so would not have them done there

I didn't even think DSG had Golf Pro's working there anymore to do such work.
I'd take it to a local independent club builder or a pro at your local golf course. I'm 5'6 and just recently game irons that are bent flat from the factory, which is .75* flat. Work great for me, but you really should let a fitter take a look at your measurements/wrist to floor etc. to make a better assessment.

They don't. They have a online training course now on how to do club repair. It's pathetic. I wouldn't even let them put a grip on anymore. I made the mistake of letting them do some work for me earlier this year when I was short a shaft puller. Atrocious. I got my money back then took advantage of some grips they had in the discontinued bin and got multi compounds for cost. Karma bit them quickly

I am building a one length set on the cheap. I had some bent at a golf shop in the area and some at Dick's. They both did good jobs. It just depends on the person, you can't put out a blanket rejection. I said on the cheap monetarily not spec wise. I am short so all clubs are 35.5" long, 63* lie angle and club weights are between 357.9 and 361 grams. All are game improvement only two of the same brand but different models. Be snobby if you want and say what you want but my accuracy has never been this good even with my Titleist ap1 set.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Nope nope nope. My stuff will go to a dedicated golf shop.

In some areas it’s the only option. Fortunately I don’t have to. The guys at the local dicks are pretty knowledgeable.

Depends entirely on the individual doing it. One of my golfing buddies was a club tech at Dick's and had extensive training and was good at doing anything involving a club. In fact, he was approached and just got hired to work part time at one of the local PGASS. A friend also worked at Dick's and couldn't even put a grip on straight and went through almost a dozen WINN grips trying to re-grip a driver for a customer. Cost Dick's a lot more than what they charge for that service. :)

The Dicks near me actually has a competent guy who does adjustments, the rest of the employees don't know anything about golf though.

No way. I 'll learn how to do something versus having them do it.

Back