Best Stretch of Holes You Have Played

My best stretch of holes was 2 holes that I shot 1 under through. Just played the holes the way they were supposed to be played is all. From the back tees this was an accomplishment.

Best stretch was -2 thru 7, the rest to the round wasn't much. :banghead:

I've strung together four birds and an eagle once upon a time.

I've gone 3 under through 6 once, but the times I've broken 80, looking back at the card it wasn't so much of a string of holes, but more of just draining putts to save par or bogey. That's a great feeling when I know my putter will pick me up.

Best:
-One time I was playing 9 holes standing on the 6th tee box 4 over par and went eagle, birdie, birdie, birdie to finish the side at 1-under. That was fun.
-First time I ever broke 70 I thought I had lost it by bogeying the 16th hole to get back to 2-under par. Went on to birdie the last two holes and the rest was history.
-Once in league shot 5 under par in nine holes with a bogey! Yes, I made 6 birdies in 9 holes.

Worst:
-Another time I remember a high school tournament many years ago I was 4-under through 6 and we got rained out. Not happy. However, when the tourney was replayed I was once again 4-under through 6 and hit a perfect shot on the 7th hole down the right side which found a bush and was sitting up in the bush. A few whacks at the bush, shots, and putts later I was even par through 7. Golf is hard.
-A tourney a few years ago: Day 1 of a tourney: 32-42, Day 2 of a tourney 33-43 - wish we could've played only the front nine all weekend!

Best stretch was eagle, birdie, birdie. Best 9 was -3. Oddly, or fittingly, they were during two different rounds.

short stretch: birdie-eagle
Best 9 hole stretch, 1 under on a soft retirement course
Best stretch on a real course: had 2 pars, 1 birdie and was 14 (fourteen, not a typo) over after 8. Proceeded to have 1 bogey on 11, 1 birdie on 17 and played the last 10 at even overall. My next time out was the 1 under so I ended up 1 under for 19 consecutive holes at two different courses, which I am still ecstatic about. Playing 9 at even par was my stated life goal in golf and I did.

I can think of two times right away.

1) I was playing a sloppy round, 6 over after 12 holes. Then on the rather difficult 13th, I rolled down a 25 footer for birdie, and it was on. I must have made 150 feet of putts on 14 thru 17 (tho one of those was to save a par). I hit on the front of the 18th green with the pin over a ridge in the rear, 45-50 feet away, and I literally laughed out loud to my buddies before I putted, because I KNEW I was gonna make it - and I did! 5 birds in the last 6 holes, none from in close, just a crazy streak with the putter.

2) Similarly, I was playing in what was then called the Cadillac Cup matches (a Ryder style event with 10 top players from a tournament series with matches between GA and SC teams). Each match was worth 3 points (front, back, 18 1 each), and I had lost the front 9 of my singles match 2 down. After I lost the 10th and 11th holes, I nearly whiffed my tee shot on the 12th, going about 50 yards into the right brambles. I picked up, and I apologized to my opponent for not giving him a better match, now 5 down thru 12. Then at the par 3 13th I hit my 6 iron within a foot, and did it again with my approach at the 14th. We halved the 15th, so I was dormie for the 18, but on the par 5 15th my second shot stopped 4 feet from the hole for eagle. Then I parred the difficult 220 yard 17th to win another, and suddenly was 1 hole down for the day with one to play. We both struggled with the hole, but after my opponent missed his par, I had about a 15 -20 footer to tie the match, but lipped it out. So, for the match I lost the front and the 18, but my rally gave me a win on the back 9 for an improbable 2-1 loss when it seemed certain I would be an early shutout victim.

I've never strung more than 3 birdies in a row together, but I've done it a good handful of times. The most memorable was at The Patriot Club in this year's Morgan Cup. Over a long stretch, I guess my best stretch has been -3 for 18 holes, but there were a couple bogeys thrown in there.

2 weeks ago I have a stretch of 5 birdies in a row

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My memory jogs me back to 2 years ago when I was playing my best round. I got at least two birdies and a bunch of pars for a 39/39 78 at a time when my HDCP was at 15

Last Saturday I started my round par, birdie, par, birdie, birdie, to be (-3) through 5 holes. Then had a stretch of (+6) in the next 7 holes, and par'd the last 6... something to be said for consistency haha

Best 3 hole stretch I went Birdie Birdie Birdie this year. 18 hole stretch was this year as well had 6 birdies and finished under par for the first time on 18 which was also the day I had 3 in a row.

I started a round even through 5 and that had a double bogey on #2 and birdies on 3 and 5. Shot 36 (+1) on the back 9 at Painted Hills .

I was 1 over after 4 holes my first round ever with JB at the first THP get-together in April of 2010. The poor guy probably thought I was pretty decent. Ended up with an even 100.

Played 9 after work on a Friday, bogeyed 1 and 9 and all pars in between. Think I only hit one GIR but chipped and putted like crazy. Had the course to myself and was playing crazy fast too, like under 50 minutes fast. Strange

Ooh ooh, story time. I like these.

Two seasons ago I played the front nine of Valley View (Crestline/Galion OH) to a stunning 44. Ouch. Ended up with a one over 73 (29 on the back!).

Standing on tens tee I wrote the day off. Muttering obscene mutterings I stood on top of the big hill looking down at the green 340 yards away. There's a creek that bisects the FW at about 60 yards out and I usually just hit a long iron to short of this and wedge in. That ain't happening ever when I'm 8 over so I grabbed the big boy and waited for the green to clear. I proceed to nail it and it hits and checks about 8ft from the cup. Eagle. 11 is a short par three up a huge hill with a severe green. Wedge it to 20ft or so and two putt. Par. 12 is about 440 and playing into the teeth of the wind that day. Hit a hard drive and hit 5i to just short. Up and down par. 13 is a par five coming back downwind, card says about 520 (iirc, going off of memory and not looking anything up so feel free to call me wrong on any yardage) but a slight dogleg right. I take an aggressive line and pure it. End up hitting a half wedge meh'ish to 20 feet. Two putt birdie to get to -3 on the nine. 14 is another 440ish par 4 into the teeth of the wind. Again driver and long iron, this time pin high but slightly left. Up and down par. 15 is a 300ish yard par 4 back downwind, in between 3w and 3i and opt for the wood. Wait for the green to clear and hit the intended high cut. It's on the pin the entire way, hits a foot away and stops dead in its tracks. Tap in eagle to go to 5 under. 16 was a challenge. 190 yard par 3 into a fierce wind with a lake short and right. Don't screw this up Smiter, I found myself saying. Hit a knockdown 4i that ends up perilously close to the lake on the right but still on the green with 30ft for bird. Two putt it for par.

Arriving on the tee at 17 (a par 5 that's probably 540 directly downwind) I realize that I'm on the verge of something special. Easy par 5 and a driveable par 4 left? The way this is going I'm starting to think "self, this could be legendary, don't jack this up". I hit a decent drive but have a little branch trouble in my second and can't go at the green. I punch out and lay up to the top of the mountain (if you've played this course you know what I'm saying). I hit a wedge to about 5 feet and suck it back and ALMOST rolls in for the third eagle on the nine. I left it one agonizing revolution short. Ouch. Tap in bird, 6 under. 18 is a 290 yard par four that is way uphill. You start out pretty high up, then it drops into a valley, then goes up even more to the green. I'm going for broke at this point, and wait for the green to clear. Wind is pushing it left and neither hurting or helping. I hit 3w and it felt awesome. Then the wind took over and I end up pin high but just off left. Chip on and hit it perfect, it burns the rim and leaves about 6 inches. Tap in bird. 7 under nine for a 29. If this round would have had an average front nine round I'd have set the course record. By a mile

So put me down for -7 for nine holes. I've probably done it before, but never in the same nine. Last week I played 7-18 in one under. I felt really good about this since it was a legit tour level and length course. For the most part good golf is pretty boring. Driver/iron/2 putts. Or driver/iron/easy up and down. One of my kids once asked me "dad, when are you ever going to play good when I'm with you?" when we were on hole 12. I was one under at that point with two birds and one bogey. I don't usually play well when they're with me for many reasons, mainly because it's about them and not me then. Also good golf is pretty boring. I had done nothing really noteworthy at that point, but nothing was bad. Tap in pars are fun but not very exciting.

Last edited:
My best round was a stretch of 4 straight birdies with a total of 7 for the day. Too bad I had a double bogey the best I recall on our par 5. Shot 65 that for a pb that I have never came close to again. The lowest I have shot since then which was almost 2 years ago is a 68 or 69. My course is a par 70

I dug through some old cards tonight and tossed a bunch from the pile on top of the refrigerator.

A few contributions:

Purgatory with amsmith61 and Shankosaurus: #7-13, -2 (2 birdies, 5 pars)
Ballyowen: #2-6, -2 (3 birdies, 1 par, 1 bogey)
The Architects: #3-8, E (6 pars)
Colts Neck: #1-17, E (5 birdies, 7 pars, 5 bogeys) I birdied 15-17 to get back to even and then lipped out a straight uphill par putt on 18 and literally sank to my knees

-5(31) on the front 9 (70) total

-4 one day on the back...not sure what my total was

I once birdied my last 3 holes....shot 72

One day while playing a better ball for nine holes I went birdie, double eagle, birdie(-5) on the three par 5's....my partner birdied 3 of the other holes

Just over a year ago shot a 3 over 39 on front 9. Only time I've shot under 40. 1 double, 3 bogeys, 3 birdies, and 2 pars. I tripled 18 to shoot a back 9 41 to blow any chance of shooting in the 70's. Idiot.
96ebd00939913d29c8f847489010327a.jpg

Not too long ago on my home course I was -4 through the first 6 holes, then went double, double, bogie to finish the front at +1. :angry:

5 birdies in a row is my best consecutive run.

In high school, I had an eagle and 4 birdies on 9 holes but shot a 43. The 13 I made on the 2nd par-5 (#6 Citrus at Rio Pinar GC in Orlando) was a doozie! Lol

I have managed to shoot +1 for 9 holes before when out with friends before we called it a day as the rain was just getting worse and worse

After making a 10 and being +7 thru 6 holes, I shot -5 with a couple 3 putt pars to shoot 74. -4 in my last 5 to shoot 69, and another time I had 7 birdies and an eagle and shot 70 :banana:

Sadly those days have been scarce as of late.

I have managed to shoot +1 for 9 holes before when out with friends before we called it a day as the rain was just getting worse and worse

Reminds me of the preacher in CaddyShack!!

Back