Best Stretch of Holes You Have Played

Lions81

Reaction score
Handicap
In the last few weeks, I have had two stretches of holes that were the best I have ever played in relation to par. So I thought it would be fun to hear from others on the best stretch of holes you have ever played. Obviously it varies by ability, so maybe its making a few pars in a row, or a few birdies in a row, but let's hear about that one time or 2 where you just got really hot for a few holes and played the best golf of your life.

For me, on Tuesday, I had a stretch where I birdied 5 of my final 8 holes. Unfortunately I made a bogey in there too, but -4 over 8 holes is definitely the best stretch of golf I have ever played. Second would be at the THP Championship, on day 2 I had a 3 hole stretch where I went birdie, birdie, eagle. Now the final 2 were in shamble where my partner Ozzman hit 2 perfect drives and I was able to capitalize on them, so it wasn't quite the same, but still a lot of fun.

I was even par through 7 holes this past weekend. Probably the best. Maybe a few times I was under par through 5, but wasn't a good end lol.

I think the best stretch of holes I played in recent memory, and maybe ever, was a few weeks back when I was +4 through 3 holes, and finished my round +5.

Couple rounds ago, 7 hole stretch from 8 - 14, I was even par with a bogey and birdie in the middle somewhere. Was just happy that I could go 7 holes at par. Too bad I can't do it throughout an entire round!

I shot 3 over par on the back nine of my home course in a league night.

The best I had is going way back to the first time I broke 80. I played the final 10 holes at -3. Recently the best stretch I had was last weekend, when I finished the final 5 at -2 with a birdie and an eagle. Although the rest of that round was pure garbage haha

2 holes at the 2014 Morgan Cup (True Blue golf club)

14th - ace
15th - birdie

Also parred 16 and 17 but was more happy with -3 through 2 holes.

For me it is -1 for a 7 hole stretch.

A round last year comes to mind. I birdied 8,9,10 and 11 on Viniterra golf club. Set a personal best for consecutive birds. Also made 2 others that day for a total of 6, also a PB.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

Holes 1-8 at my "home" course I played even par. Then the wheels fell off on 9 through 18 :banghead:

Have shot 32 (-4) on the front 9 at my home course twice. Shot 38 on the back both times.

Back 9 a few months ago, 1 under par.
Don't ask about the front 9 though... :laughing:

-5 through 6 and finished that 9 at 31 (par 36)

Best nine is 38 and it happened my last time out.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

9 holes. Even par.
7 pars
1 birdie
1 bogey

Last edited:
Played the first 5 holes 6 under par finished with a -7 28 then shot even par 36 on the back lol

Played the first 5 holes 6 under par finished with a -7 28 then shot even par 36 on the back lol

Wow. Incredible front 9, and 64 ain't too shabby either. Great round.

Wow. Incredible front 9, and 64 ain't too shabby either. Great round.

Thanks. It was the first round I played with my father-in-law we were celebrating the birth of my first son. It was a pretty special day.

Had a 10 hole stretch a few weeks a go (8-17) where I was +2. I had 3 birdies, five bogeys and 2 pars. Or something around that line. I was literally +12 or 13 going into that stretch, like literally the worst 7 holes of golf I had played in recent memory.

2 years ago. The awesome power of wild inconsistency.
-4 on the back 9. 5 birdies, one bogey and that was 3 off the tee on a par 5. 32.

Paired well with the 48 on the front. The guys in my foursome were just astounded.

I also went eagle/bird/bird once about a decade ago. Shot 78 IIRC.

Last weekend; started the back nine and played 10 - 15 at 4 under par. That's more birdies than I have sniffed in a month's worth of play.

I then proceeded to finish the final 4 holes in 8 over... DOH!!!

Had a 39 (+3) on the back nine at Mohawk River GC.

4 under after 3. Didn't even beak par that round.

Lowest 9 was 31 a few years back, including 4 birdies in a row.

bird, bird, par, bird, par, par, par, bird, bird for 31 (-5)

Back