Callaway Bertha Mini 1.5 - THP Review Thread

Absolutely pounded the mini today. As my driver replacement I am seeing better dispersion and just as much distance. Decision to pull driver was aided by what I saw on monitor. With good strikes I see 155mph ball speed with driver but as low as 142 on miss hits. Mini was consistently about 150 and no big misses. It proved to be true on course today as well

Absolutely pounded the mini today. As my driver replacement I am seeing better dispersion and just as much distance. Decision to pull driver was aided by what I saw on monitor. With good strikes I see 155mph ball speed with driver but as low as 142 on miss hits. Mini was consistently about 150 and no big misses. It proved to be true on course today as well

I'm getting excited for mine to get here in the next couple of days. Hearing results like this is awesome. On a side note I had bought a heavenwood from another forum member to pair with this but unfortunately, I'm thinking I'm going to be reselling it. It's a great feeling club and easy to hit but was just too high of ball flight for me. I think I'll be sticking with my hybrid.

Pounded this on the range today and it was dead straight all the time. It is quite scary actually I cannot hit a bad shot with it. I will take it all day long as it will lead to lower scores

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

My plan is to play this at 14* and will play it on most of the par 4s and maybe 3 of 4 par 5s on sat. Playing a familiar course so can tell distance wise should be able to tell how it fits as a tee box option over driver replacement

My plan is to play this at 14* and will play it on most of the par 4s and maybe 3 of 4 par 5s on sat. Playing a familiar course so can tell distance wise should be able to tell how it fits as a tee box option over driver replacement
Think you will be pleasent suprised Eric it's truly that good. I have my first round with it on Saturday as well ,excited to see the results

I started to see some signs of life with the Mini on the range last night, which was a welcome sight.

I almost pulled the trigger on one of these today (was carrying it around the store with me), but I'm going to go with a few more rounds with the V series. I really wanted to try to hit it off of turf, and all they had were mats, which do a great job of masking mishits with fairway woods. I'm going to wait for the next Callaway demo day. Also want to try it in both R and S. I'm right on the line with a swing speed in the 90s, so an S works best in some, R in others.

Unless I find a deal...

Think you will be pleasent suprised Eric it's truly that good. I have my first round with it on Saturday as well ,excited to see the results

I love it...just been trying to figure out where this fits in my bag. I have been hitting driver pretty good lately and I think distance wise when at 12* it was too close to my driver distance and I haven't been able to take the driver out of bag. I figure at 14* it might just enough difference between this and driver to do what I want it to do as an option when accuracy is more important than distance and when driver is too much club for a hole

From a shaft perspective, what is everyone doing? Playing something similar to what you would in your driver? I ask as I'm a Project X guy most of the time (playing the stock Ping right now in my G30 LST) and I've found I love the 6.5 in my driver but go 6.0 in hybrids and irons. Wondering if I'll like the 6.0 in this so I don't feel like I have to get on it quite as much...

From a shaft perspective, what is everyone doing? Playing something similar to what you would in your driver? I ask as I'm a Project X guy most of the time (playing the stock Ping right now in my G30 LST) and I've found I love the 6.5 in my driver but go 6.0 in hybrids and irons. Wondering if I'll like the 6.0 in this so I don't feel like I have to get on it quite as much...

Bone stock KK. Fantastic setup.

I really want one of these but I don't need it. My current driver is doing just fine... but I reeeeeeeaaaalllly want one...

I started playing the game this April. Went with all Ebay 15+ year old clubs to start and I just purchased and played my Mini 1.5 to round out my first new bag set up. I fought a wicked slice off the tee from the beginning. Tonight in my league I only sliced 2 out of 6 tee shots and hit my 12 degree 270, 273, 268 and 281 right down the middle the other times. It was not even close the best driving round I have ever had. Very pleased with the club

I have the Tour 65 shaft in my G30 and the LZ 6.0 (LZ 16) in my Mini. My SS is right 100mph. I'm not really sure how or why, but so far I liked Kang's 6.5 better than the 6.0 I've got. That probably doesn't help you much ... any chance you can demo the 6.0 and 6.5 shafts?

I have the Tour 65 shaft in my G30 and the LZ 6.0 (LZ 16) in my Mini. My SS is right 100mph. I'm not really sure how or why, but so far I liked Kang's 6.5 better than the 6.0 I've got. That probably doesn't help you much ... any chance you can demo the 6.0 and 6.5 shafts?
I can't even find one in stock around here. Was thinking about taking a flyer and just ordering something.

I'm a 112-114 mph driver swing speed and generally am fit into XStiff type driver shafts.

I love it...just been trying to figure out where this fits in my bag. I have been hitting driver pretty good lately and I think distance wise when at 12* it was too close to my driver distance and I haven't been able to take the driver out of bag. I figure at 14* it might just enough difference between this and driver to do what I want it to do as an option when accuracy is more important than distance and when driver is too much club for a hole
That was my problem until my driver decided to bite the bisquit. As it turns out it is only 15 yards behind my driver but I have much more control using the mini. I will mess around with the settings more next round and maybe add a driver to the mix as I need 1 more club only 13 in the bag right now.

I put a Speeder in mine , same shaft as my 3 wood actually. Have yet to try any other shaft options though.

I can't even find one in stock around here. Was thinking about taking a flyer and just ordering something.

I'm a 112-114 mph driver swing speed and generally am fit into XStiff type driver shafts.
FWIW, I think Kang's SS is in your same range and he's fine with the 6.5. (I meant to say my Tour 65 is stiff, by the way.)

I'm similar ss with driver. I have lz 6.5 in my 14° mini. I play it at +1/N and I am hitting it just as far as driver
Yep. You need to put the 6.5 in :) don't fight what worked in branson

I'm similar ss with driver. I have lz 6.5 in my 14° mini. I play it at +1/N and I am hitting it just as far as driver

Yep. You need to put the 6.5 in :) don't fight what worked in branson
Thanks. The +1 makes it 15*? I'm also debating the 12 vs 14 - leaning towards 14 as I'd likely pull the 3W to put this in the bag.
FWIW, I think Kang's SS is in your same range and he's fine with the 6.5. (I meant to say my Tour 65 is stiff, by the way.)
Yep, and my Tour 65 is X. Thanks for the input.

Thanks. The +1 makes it 15*? I'm also debating the 12 vs 14 - leaning towards 14 as I'd likely pull the 3W to put this in the bag.

Yep, and my Tour 65 is X. Thanks for the input.
Yes 15. The super hot face combined with 44" shaft gives me great ball speed and control

That was my problem until my driver decided to bite the bisquit. As it turns out it is only 15 yards behind my driver but I have much more control using the mini. I will mess around with the settings more next round and maybe add a driver to the mix as I need 1 more club only 13 in the bag right now.

i was seeing around 10yds difference with this and the fly z+...it might be 15+ with the z545 based solely on the range and where it looked like they were landing. I am hoping to get them on a ml this week to get a better feel for the difference.

Liking what I am seeing at the range so far. The kk is a great stock combo. That said I think this may be the head I try a grandura shaft once we can buy them . I love to tinker with shafts and this is a great great head.

Posted just for Dev using Tapatalk

i was seeing around 10yds difference with this and the fly z+...it might be 15+ with the z545 based solely on the range and where it looked like they were landing. I am hoping to get them on a ml this week to get a better feel for the difference.
I was thinking of adding the fly-z or the 815 driver before but it is all depending on how the results come back from the round. It's funny last year I would never think of bagging this club ,but now I am itching to.

Want one. Can't decide what shaft. I also have an extra handcrafted LZ that was tipped a half inch for a 3w that will play a little under 44" I believe. I like the LZ in the driver, liked the Fubuki ZT in my BB '14 3w, like the Blue Board, like the Matrix Ozik Xcon in my 5w. So many choices and no where locally to get a real fitting.

Want one. Can't decide what shaft. I also have an extra handcrafted LZ that was tipped a half inch for a 3w that will play a little under 44" I believe. I like the LZ in the driver, liked the Fubuki ZT in my BB '14 3w, like the Blue Board, like the Matrix Ozik Xcon in my 5w. So many choices and no where locally to get a real fitting.
I have the lz in mine and it's really solid!

Back