What type of THP event do you want to attend in 2018?

What type of THP event do you want to attend in 2018?

• Bring clubs, stroke play

Votes: 8 11.4%
  • Bring clubs, match play

Votes: 19 27.1%
  • Bring clubs, no competition

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • Get clubs, stroke play

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Get clubs, match play

Votes: 23 32.9%
  • Get clubs/shafts, testing

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Other

Votes: 7 10.0%

• Total voters
I'd love to get into a match play event that offered pre-release gear, especially irons.

There's just something about getting gear that no one else has that kicks up the excitement to a whole new level.

Other. Get clubs/team play.

I said, bring clubs and no competition. What I mean is the Outing. Still the most fun I have ever had at a THP event, tons and tons of golf,, villa crawl, lots of hanging out and having fun and not worrying about the other stuff. The pinnacle of my time on THP outside the Grandaddy.

That would definitely get me back into trying for events.

I would enjoy any of them. Especially meeting new friends.

An event where I can earn a HOF tag. Really enjoy the competitive events quite a bit. Either way meeting fellow THPers is always amazing. From making new friends to catching up with old friends. Bound to be a great event

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I second the outing talk. Some of my favorite THP memories have been from the outing and the villa crawls, and the surprises at what clubs people adore that they never would have touched had it not been for the event

Although, club testing is definitely a ton of fun. I think the latest idea, getting fit pre-event and having them ready to go is a really cool idea and should go really well.

I'd be down for that as well. Again, assuming I don't have to worry about competition or playing someone else's ball.

I said, bring clubs and no competition. What I mean is the Outing. Still the most fun I have ever had at a THP event, tons and tons of golf,, villa crawl, lots of hanging out and having fun and not worrying about the other stuff. The pinnacle of my time on THP outside the Grandaddy.

That would definitely get me back into trying for events.

Ahhh.....when eating Cookies Balls took on a whole new meaning. They were pretty damn good I must say (and still are).

Yeah that sounds good.

Would rather play my own ball on my own terms.

Lies, you would rather play alt shot and hit your 2nd from trees next to a small creek

Lies, you would rather play alt shot and hit your 2nd from trees next to a small creek

I seem to remember him being his happiest on course when that was going on.

haha, it's not a reflection of who I'm playing with or where their ball ends up. I'd just rather enjoy the course on my own terms.

I seem to remember him being his happiest on course when that was going on.

My favourite part of competitive events are when they are over. That's where my most memorable moments have come from. #TrueBlueCartBuddy

Just attending an event would be a start.....

Have a great bag of clubs right now so I voted for bring clubs and matchplay. The only competition I get is in THP events and I wouldn't mind adding HOF tag #3.

I went with "Other"... I have been to THP events covering all of the poll options, and had fun at each of them. The events with specific equipment involved gave more opportunity to interact with the manufacturer, and that's something I enjoyed. They each have their place, IMO.

I want it all.

New clubs. Club testing. Competition with different formats. Hanging with THPers. Access to OEM insiders. Great venues.

After experiencing my first official and unofficial events this year, I'm happy to participate in any of the mentioned formats in the poll, or unofficial get together's.

bring clubs, match play or stroke play
getting stuff would be a bonus of course but competition and and meeting thp'ers from all over would be good for me

I just want to attend an event. Having to sit out 2017 has been extremely tough. Could not even attempt to try anything this year, not liking that.

After taking 2017 off from events, I'll probably put my hat in the ring for one in 2018. I tend to go for events with maximum golf and competition. Both of those things tickle me in special places.

Whatever gets me a freaking Belt Buckle.

Results thus far show that folks love match play.....with about 50/50 on new equipment or own equipment. Interesting.

I would like to see a Senior Event..Maybe over 50 or 55.....Only 18 holes a day!!!!

Back