What type of THP event do you want to attend in 2018?

What type of THP event do you want to attend in 2018?

• Bring clubs, stroke play

Votes: 8 11.4%
  • Bring clubs, match play

Votes: 19 27.1%
  • Bring clubs, no competition

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • Get clubs, stroke play

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Get clubs, match play

Votes: 23 32.9%
  • Get clubs/shafts, testing

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Other

Votes: 7 10.0%

• Total voters
Results thus far show that folks love match play.....with about 50/50 on new equipment or own equipment. Interesting.

I'm a bit surprised by the 50/50 on equipment, but the match play is not surprising. Stroke play in a competition setting always puts someone at a disadvantage where handicapped match play sort of evens things out a bit.

In all reality I want to be a part of any type of event I can get in to. For the poll though I went with get clubs, match play. I love the competition part of it and having a competition to look forward to I honestly believe has helped me drop my handicap. As for the get clubs part, who the heck doesn't like new shiny toys? I was lucky enough to find my new gamer irons thanks to that opportunity this year.

Bring clubs no competition.

Sure its nice but I just like to get the guys together and play always enjoyed that about THP

As a relative newbie who attended my first event , I have to say I really enjoyed the shamble alt shot format for 18. It requires both players in the group to be focused and to lean on each other a bit. It also allows those like me with a higher handicap compete with the likes of JDTox & T4T pairing.
Would also like to pair alt shot with modified Pinehurst... would be interesting to play partners tee shot to cup!
Oh yeah, swag swag swag is super nice too. Plus I want another shot at Dubs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a relative newbie who attended my first event , I have to say I really enjoyed the shamble alt shot format for 18. It requires both players in the group to be focused and to lean on each other a bit. It also allows those like me with a higher handicap compete with the likes of JDTox & T4T pairing.
Would also like to pair alt shot with modified Pinehurst... would be interesting to play partners tee shot to cup!
Oh yeah, swag swag swag is super nice too. Plus I want another shot at Dubs

I consider this a major success. Your first THP event you got paired with me and you don't despise these formats.

#MissionAccomplished

In reality any THP is going to be awesome!!! The clubs and swag are just a bonus. But we all like new and shinny too.

Bring clubs and have said event in Hawaii. I'm pretty sure this would be a popular event.

I picked stroke play and bring your own clubs but it doesn't really matter which format. It could be a pitch and putt for all I care. I just wanna play golf with THP peeps.

I consider this a major success. Your first THP event you got paired with me and you don't despise these formats.

#MissionAccomplished

Bro, I had soooo much fun! I loved the format, partner, camaraderie, golf course, swag, swag swag! Oh and dinner... crazy!
THP and Budget lit it up! I'm chomping at the bit for the next one....

But on top of that, the team competition was the best! Alt shot was awesome... and the fact you carried a couple of those holes kept us in it, for a minute anyway.

I went for "bring clubs, stroke play" because it's been a while since I've done a larger event (in terms of the number of people). Didn't get in to the champ this year, so I'd like to do something on that scale next year.

That said, my real answer is "any" - I've never been to an event where I didn't have an absolutely fantastic time.

Me too man. Any would be my vote as well!

Voted bring clubs, match play but really mean bring clubs, any competition. The format at Hype was great because it was individual matches and team stroke play. If you had an off day and/or were down in your match you could still contribute to the team. Then layer on the Grandaddy betting backing...

I would like to see more of the Game within a game within a game formats.

I also really liked the format at Hype, and thought it was perfect for the exact reasons you stated. That being said, I'd love to be in an event with Gear, and HOF tags! I really want a HOF Tag lol.

More match play please bring or get doesn't matter, I just like match play!

ANY!

First year that I'll not play a THP event. :mad-tongue:

What THP has done this year was amazing but everything was a tough ticket. I miss the bigger field events that was a gathering to play golf and see friends. I don't need clubs given to me or even a sponsor for swag. Pick a great venue and I'll travel to play with you guys.

Back