What type of THP event do you want to attend in 2018?

What type of THP event do you want to attend in 2018?

• Bring clubs, stroke play

Votes: 8 11.4%
  • Bring clubs, match play

Votes: 19 27.1%
  • Bring clubs, no competition

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • Get clubs, stroke play

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Get clubs, match play

Votes: 23 32.9%
  • Get clubs/shafts, testing

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Other

Votes: 7 10.0%

• Total voters

#Cookie

Grinder
Reaction score
Handicap
So as the year begins to wind down (still a few incredible events out there yet to be experienced), I have begun to think ahead to 2018 and what type(s) of events I would like to participate in.

Going to add a poll and curious to see what THP'ers prefer (outside of the obvious #Grandaddy).

If other, specify in a reply to this thread!

*this is just for my entertainment, nothing to do with THP planning and I have zero insight into that...in case anyone was wondering. :act-up:

So as the year begins to wind down (still a few incredible events out there yet to be experienced), I have begun to think ahead to 2018 and what type(s) of events I would like to participate in.

Going to add a poll and curious to see what THP'ers prefer (outside of the obvious #Grandaddy).

*this is just for my entertainment, nothing to do with THP planning and I have zero insight into that...in case anyone was wondering. :act-up:

Bring clubs, stroke play
Bring clubs, match play
Bring clubs, no competition
Get clubs, stroke play
Get clubs, match play
Get clubs, club testing
Other

Obviously getting clubs are awesome. Match play is pretty cool as well as testing (biased as the only event I've been in to date was testing) but I think next year I'll be looking to just get into more events in general.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You forgot the Swag swag swag option lol. I would enjoy either bring clubs and match play or get clubs in match play.

You forgot the Swag swag swag option lol. I would enjoy either bring clubs and match play or get clubs in match play.

SWAG is a given buddy.

Don't forget to vote!

Bring clubs, no competition...#DemoDay

Just give me good golf with good people. The other stuff is cool but for me really doesn't move my needle. I'll bring my own stuff and just want to play and chat it up with no competition.

I enjoy the competition aspect of THP events personally. I can play rounds with no competition locally or at gatherings with friends anytime. THP events are special so the added bonus of some form of equipment or testing is nice.

I went for "bring clubs, stroke play" because it's been a while since I've done a larger event (in terms of the number of people). Didn't get in to the champ this year, so I'd like to do something on that scale next year.

That said, my real answer is "any" - I've never been to an event where I didn't have an absolutely fantastic time.

I want to attend an event where I can get that elusive first HOF tag lol

Bring clubs, no competition...#DemoDay

This one 100% "Bring clubs, no competition" - Have Fun and Laugh a little.
Some of the best rounds I have had are the Practice Round before an event.

Bring clubs with Match Play. Either way, I just need more golf trips with THP'ers and let everything else take care of itself.

Just give me good golf with good people. The other stuff is cool but for me really doesn't move my needle. I'll bring my own stuff and just want to play and chat it up with no competition.

Can't state any it better than that !!!!

I'd be interested in any of them! I'm new here so don't really understand the scope of full slate of events but would love to attend some in the future.

get clubs, club testing

i enjoyed the competition format from the kickoff classic this year, more than i expected. but i enjoy the opportunity to play with and get to know other thp'ers in a relaxed setting.

gear and testing is a way for us to give feedback and exposure to a company's release. that's fun for me and i would like to be a part of more events like this.

I covet getting into a THP Championship! I've done a few really great event, two were bring clubs and match play and the other was #ShaftUp 1 from earlier this year, they were all excellent events that will be hard to top in those formats. Bringing my own clubs and getting a shot at the best everyone has sounds like fun!

But then there's always the Grandaddy, well, you know...

I voted bring clubs, match play, because I'm figuring I'm bringing at least some clubs unless it's a full bag event. But either way, match play. I LOVE match play and want to do more of it.

Great question cookie, I'd say match play for sure, always fun!

If other, specify in a reply to this thread!

This one - I believe it's other.

https://www.thehackersparadise.com/...p-with-Budget-Golf-The-Official-Thread/page87

Any event where THPers are there to have fun, count me in.

Voted bring clubs, match play but really mean bring clubs, any competition. The format at Hype was great because it was individual matches and team stroke play. If you had an off day and/or were down in your match you could still contribute to the team. Then layer on the Grandaddy betting backing...

I would like to see more of the Game within a game within a game formats.

You forgot the all of the above tab Cookie. :D

I like the competition events. I've only been to 2 events with 1 being competitive. They were both fantastic. But something about the competition event really got the juices flowing.

First, I'm a fan of match play. It suits my style of play (play good for 12 holes, blow up the other 6). Second, I'm perfectly fine bringing my own clubs. I'm on THP for the people that are here.

~Rock

Back