WTB: Callaway Apex Combo set AW/GW ('16)

Audioclyde

Randy
Reaction score
Handicap
8.7 GHIN
I suspect this is a long shot, but I'm looking for the AW/GW from a set of the '16 Apex combo irons (i.e., the wedge, although an Apex Pro, would have the satin finish to match the rest of the combo set).

PM me if you have or know of one that is available.

Thanks!

Randy

I suspect this is a long shot, but I'm looking for the AW/GW from a set of the '16 Apex combo irons (i.e., the wedge, although an Apex Pro, would have the satin finish to match the rest of the combo set).

PM me if you have or know of one that is available.

Thanks!

Randy

Try Callaway preowned?

They don't sell the 'combo' irons individually (nor does Callaway on a new club basis).

They don't sell the 'combo' irons individually (nor does Callaway on a new club basis).

Not sure what you mean by 'combo' irons when all your looking for is the AW from a set of Apex Pro 16's. They do in fact sell single irons and also do have the wedge you are looking for on callaway preowned.

You are correct in that the AW is actually an Apex Pro 16; however, in the 'combo' sets that Callaway sells the 8-AW (which are Apex Pro heads) are in the same satin finish as the 3-7 irons (which are Apex heads). So not a big deal, just that I'd like for the finish on the AW to match the rest of my combo set, rather than being chrome finish.

I looked everywhere and couldn't find one. I ended up just buying the standard pro 16 and brushing it to get the finish closer.

You are correct in that the AW is actually an Apex Pro 16; however, in the 'combo' sets that Callaway sells the 8-AW (which are Apex Pro heads) are in the same satin finish as the 3-7 irons (which are Apex heads). So not a big deal, just that I'd like for the finish on the AW to match the rest of my combo set, rather than being chrome finish.

I looked everywhere and couldn't find one. I ended up just buying the standard pro 16 and brushing it to get the finish closer.

I was just going to suggest this route OR calling Callaway Pre Owned and talk to someone. They don't have everything on their website and might be better able to help

Thanks; both good ideas. I bought my combo set from CPO and at the time they didn't have any single wedges for the combo set. I am pretty pleased with the 50* I'm currently trying (Cleveland CBX), so not a big deal---but after only 3 rounds with the Apex combo set I'm liking it enough to consider adding the AW.

Back