The Jordan Spieth Thread

inflation-adjusted for woods would be $4.4 million in today's dollars, but that's still a massive delta. is that because spieth has won more prestigious tournaments, or just because the reality of today's game is even more dollars?

I bet its a combo of both.

inflation-adjusted for woods would be $4.4 million in today's dollars, but that's still a massive delta. is that because spieth has won more prestigious tournaments, or just because the reality of today's game is even more dollars?

More $$$ today and Spieth has played in way more tournaments.

Jordan has competed in 69 events from what I can see. 29 of those are top 10's with 5 wins.

Tiger in that same time competed in what looks to be 29 total events, with 14 top 10's and 6 wins.

The PGA tour was still in the 100s of thousands for the winner in '97. The nedBank was the only $1,000,000 winners purse. Events like the JD were giving out 260K for winners. Purses started going up after 2001.

Under Armor recently applied for a trademark for a Joran Spieth logo

i

that took my way too long to spot the "J"

Meh. Does about as much for me as Hunter Mahan's or Justin Rose's logos.

i

I don't like the logo. But I'm not shocked that they are getting ready to capitalize on Jordan's success.

~Rock

Would be a sweet lower back tattoo for a few guys I talked to on the putting green at KC. Just saying!

Would be a sweet lower back tattoo for a few guys I talked to on the putting green at KC. Just saying!

they'd reply but they are currently laying down on the table.

Like Jordan.....but the logo sucks. Would expect better than that.

Thank God we only talked in the parking lot then! Whew.......

Thank God we only talked in the parking lot then! Whew.......

I'm kind of sad you don't remember the putting green conversation actually :\

two weird J's that make the S in the middle? Eh...could be worse.

two weird J's that make the S in the middle? Eh...could be worse.

I just now noticed they were Js. I hope someone in their design department comes up with something better.

~Rock

#TexasTrampStamp is that what you are saying?

Not fond of the logo. I think they should use the regular Under-Armor logo and just add a JS somewhere in it. But I'm not in marketing so what do I know.

His logo is way better than Zach Johnson's logo that's for sure.

i
I'm kind of ho hum on the logo, would have expected something a little more distinct.

I like this logo better:
000000_superman-logos.gif

I'm sure they could work in a J somehow

That is one horrible logo.

Not a fan either. To me it seems like they were trying too hard to make it look like Tiger's logo using the negative space from the J to make the S.

Back