Cobra Clubs out at Golf Galaxy

dradave

Reaction score
Handicap
I was in the Golf Galaxy store in Tulsa yesterday to buy a Cobra King F7 hybrid and there was not a display of Cobra clubs. I did find a clearance rack with two F7 drivers and a couple of fairway woods that were marked down about 25%. I found a floor person and asked him how come there was not a Cobra display. He said they were instructed to take down the display and put the remaining clubs on deep discount to get rid of them. He said they didn't know why but this came down from the top earlier in the week.

This seems strange as they sell a lot of Cobra clubs out of this store. Must be a contract dispute, any thoughts?

I was in the Golf Galaxy store in Tulsa yesterday to buy a Cobra King F7 hybrid and there was not a display of Cobra clubs. I did find a clearance rack with two F7 drivers and a couple of fairway woods that were marked down about 25%. I found a floor person and asked him how come there was not a Cobra display. He said they were instructed to take down the display and put the remaining clubs on deep discount to get rid of them. He said they didn't know why but this came down from the top earlier in the week.

This seems strange as they sell a lot of Cobra clubs out of this store. Must be a contract dispute, any thoughts?

Nah, I'm betting pressing hard before the next line releases.

I think I saw this in another thread. Either they are trying to clear out the F7 line before the F8 is announced (likely) or there could be an issue with financing between Cobra and Golf Galaxy (less likely IMHO).

Check online retailers (I would recommend Budget Golf personally) as you can get the F7 line for crazy low prices.

Jose said something on Instagram about a launch coming soon. We are getting close to the new F8 line coming out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clearing out this seasons inventory is probably what's driving it. I did order it online although i wanted it in my hands for this weekend. I completely forgot about budget golf.

Oh- that makes this guy sad. Guess it's time to make a trip to mine and see what's what.

They’ve been gone from my local GG for a few weeks now. No sign of the F-Max line either.

That's wild.

And cannot be good for Cobra.

That sucks, I've been hearing good things about what's coming.
If the rumors are true, this will be one mean looking driver with some cool new (to Cobra) tech.

Which GG?

I work near Easton so I’m there most often. They still have some F7 stuff on clearance by the front door.

I never followed Cobra that closely there because even when they did carry it they never had LH stuff.

I work near Easton so I’m there most often. They still have some F7 stuff on clearance by the front door.

I never followed Cobra that closely there because even when they did carry it they never had LH stuff.

Got ya- I'm by the Tuttle location which had a decently sized selection. I'll be interested to see what it looks like when I get through there this weekend.

Both of our golf galaxy's have confirmed (at least our locations) they will no longer be carrying Cobra
Really...thats crazy I wonder what's going on

I was just at Dicks picking up a dozen balls, and the cobra display was half taken apart with 2 womens clubs in it.

Rumor had it that Dicks was dropping both Cobra and Mizuno. Makes since GG would drop them too since Dick's owns em.

Rumor had it that Dicks was dropping both Cobra and Mizuno. Makes since GG would drop them too since Dick's owns em.

Makes sense, I don't think a lot of the golf retailers are making a ton of money. Probably look at the brands that have the lowest dollar back per square foot remove them. Both really good brands in my opinion, but I they will move more through green grass or fitting outlets than big box stores. But that is just my opinion.

DSG/GG will be dropping everything else to focus on the Big3 (maybe 4)

Need to make a run to both, luckily they are almost literally right next to eachother. Shame this didn't happen sooner when I might Haven been able to get a set of one length cheaper.

That sucks, not that I went there much anyway because I couldn't stand the lack of service / basic courtesy, but these are 2 of my favorite 4 brands, which means I'll likely never again step foot in a GG with the intent to buy golf clubs. As it is, I've pretty much dedicated my brick and mortar business to our local Golf and Ski anyways.

That sucks, not that I went there much anyway because I couldn't stand the lack of service / basic courtesy, but these are 2 of my favorite 4 brands, which means I'll likely never again step foot in a GG with the intent to buy golf clubs. As it is, I've pretty much dedicated my brick and mortar business to our local Golf and Ski anyways.

You will if you want Truvis! Lol

This is horrible another reason why take my business to fine the folks at Budget Golf

You will if you want Truvis! Lol

This is horrible another reason why take my business to fine the folks at Budget Golf

Thankfully I have enough to last me a while :)

Back