Trying To Break 90 Club

Got out this am, early, played 18.
40/43 83. 39 putts. Zero penalty strokes. One double bogey. Hit a few poor shots but never got into too much trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like the putting green is where you'll pick up a few more strokes, good round!

Looks like the putting green is where you'll pick up a few more strokes, good round!
32 putts yesterday. Just did not drop today, lipped out probably 4-5.

Went to the practice range at my home course yesterday... found a mostly empty parking lot and empty tee box and couldn't resist so I played a round. Should've practiced as planned, but hey - what can I say?

Shot a 51/48 - 99 which is not a bad score for me on this course. 2 pars, 8 bogeys, 5 doubles and 3 triples. Only 2 GIRs. 37 putts - one three putt and 17 two putts.

The bright spot - I hit 10 fairways w/ my driver. Felt great. The less bright spot - hitting 10 FWs should've resulted in more than 2 GIRs.

Finally squeaked under with an 89 (49/40). The front was a disaster but started the back 9 with an eagle and if it wasn't for some dumb mistakes should have shot even par. Drove the ball great and pretty much wasted all of them. Short game was not good.

Sent from my D5316 using Tapatalk

Finally squeaked under with an 89 (49/40). The front was a disaster but started the back 9 with an eagle and if it wasn't for some dumb mistakes should have shot even par. Drove the ball great and pretty much wasted all of them. Short game was not good.

That is great Andy!! Well done !!

shot another boring 46 tonight, three doubles and two pars

Resisted the urge to play another round today and practiced instead. Two buckets of irons... sorting out a few issues.

I also tried a short game drill: chip three balls from just off the green and try to get up/down (one chip, one putt) with all three. Took me an hour and a half to finally make all three putts.

nice round. Way to play the back

48 / 47 - 95 this morning. After a great practice session last night my driver deserted me on the front 9. 4 pars, 6 bogeys, 6 doubles, 2 triples, 2 GIR, 33 putts.

The bright side - I didn't go OB on 12 (my nemesis par 5 on which I've hit roughly 800 balls OB). I put the driver away and went 7i, 7i, PW, SW three putt for a 7. I would've been quite happy with bogey after carding two 10s and a 9 my last three rounds at this course.

Last 3 rounds 93/92/93. Slowly but surely getting consistent scores but still need to do some iron work.

Finally broke 90. I put the Chrome Soft Truvis in play for the first time as well. Shot a blistering 39 on the front and held on for dear life on the back with a 49 for a cool 88. Over the hump and hopefully the first of many times breaking.

another 92

Looks like more GIR is needed and had a slow group in front of us that drove me nuts

Played 9 on my regular practice course. Shot 39, 6/7 FIR, 5/9 GIR, 16 putts. Was even through 6 even with a couple bad luck bounces. Course was dry as a bone. Double-bogey on the par 5 #7 after a great drive hurt the final score.

Put up a 44 today. Only one hole with a score worse than birdie and several pars.

Decent round for me today... 44-40 for a 84. I'm looking to promote myself to the "Trying the Break 80 Club"...

a5e7b60c9e30f4e89d355e13834948d8.jpg

f60133548c3de77caa3846f885bc6101.jpg

My score average is getting close to being under my goal number at the start of the season....

My Handicap is now under 13 for the first time ever. I'm stoked because I'm getting better every week.

Dax

Couldn't putt today. 48/46 for a 94. 38 putts, 3/14 FW & 3/18 GIR. The fairway stat is misleading; I drove the ball great today with decent distance. Wind was an issue and I rolled through a couple fairways too. Didn't make a single putt longer than 6 ft. Oh well. Irons were OK too.

I did it! I had the best game of the year for me this morning, I shot 41/46 for 87!! that will ESC to 86, and my handicap is now under 18!!

they weirdest thing is that I could not putt to save my live today, 6 3 putts... but my tee game was good, and I only had one penalty, on 18.

I did it! I had the best game of the year for me this morning, I shot 41/46 for 87!! that will ESC to 86, and my handicap is now under 18!!

they weirdest thing is that I could not putt to save my live today, 6 3 putts... but my tee game was good, and I only had one penalty, on 18.

atta' boy MPLefty

Awesome man! Congrats

I knew you had it in ya, Marty. You've got a great swing, I expect that handicap to keep dropping.

Outstanding, Marty!!

Nicely done!

Played an afternoon round yesterday at my home course. There was a league on the back 9 so I played the front twice - 49/46 - 95. Two 8s on the front did me in.

Bright side - absolutely drilled the driver several times. I found myself playing approach shots from 20-30 yards closer than I've ever been on this course.

Not so bright side - I'm pulling my irons. Have to work that out.

Really inconsistent this winter.

Shot 3 rounds under 90 (85, 86, 88) and since then just back to 92+ generally. Very frustrating. I know where its happening, its that one hole per round where I have a 7 on a par 5 caught behind or under a tree etc. Working to really try to mitigate those shots by taking say a mini driver or 3h to take them out of play and thats working. Just have to keep pushing!

Shot 48 for my first 9 after a two week layoff. Wasn't super happy, but around hole 6 I realized that I was trying to murder the ball on every swing, causing me to spray a bit. Got out of my own way and started hitting some really nice shots to finish up. Looking forward to playing this weekend.

Been hitting the ball well, just need to tighten up my approach shots between 100-150yds. Played 27 yesterday, shot 47, 41, 49 @ Terry Hills. Getting close!!!

Back