Golf shoe help for a diabetic

Toddo

Reaction score
Handicap
I currently wear Foot Joy leather shoes but they give me a lot of pain now in wearing them. Should I try to get an insole that helps diabetics or go to an athletic type of shoe?

I'm not diabetic yet but athletic shoes are the way to go for comfort. You see more and more Pros using them now.

I'd try an athletic shoe whose material breathes, has a lot of room for your toes, and doesn't have seams, or many, inside that might compress the room your feet need. I'd also look for a biomechanical shoe with a comfortable insole and sufficient padding for comfort. Spikeless is probably a good idea. As examples only, Ecco have some that meet that billing. In the past, Adidas toe area was fairly narrow. Go to a big golf retailer like PGATSS or Edwin Watts, etc. and try them on...

The sketchers line might be good as well. they've got one of the softest insoles out there, if that is what you're looking for.

Maybe try the adidas shoes with Boost soles? My dad has the same problem and absolutely LOVES them.

+1 on the boosts. Very comfortable shoe. I have the 2's and the 3's. Nice wide toe box and very dry. I walk most days and have never had sore feet after a round. I really like the spikeless design too, they dig in well.

Back