GRANDURA Shafts Preview Thread

really haven't. I know a shaft is going to show up. I'm super excited for that to happen. But the thinking about which shaft profile is going to show up on my doorstep, that hasn't occupied my mind at all. It's a way for me to be completely open minded about it. Submitted my specs and let's see what comes of it.

I definitely envy you. the obsessive second-guessing headcase nerd in me just won't go away!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

haven't even thought of it?! man, it's almost ALL i've thought about!

i have some experience and fittings that have suggested certain weights and bend profiles work for me. but the fact that this is different technology than anything i've ever tried, i'm throwing everything out the window and trusting the experts. so very excited!

Here is the rub. If I say new prototype irons are in for testing and you signup and get selected and I say here are your muscle backs and here are your super game improvements please review both. The review will not be about what fits. The review will be about the product in hand and how the technology works.

I think if you step back and look at it from that point of view it will be easier to cover.

I definitely envy you. the obsessive second-guessing headcase nerd in me just won't go away!

been there my friend. I second guess every decision I make haha Thankfully this is a decision I am leaving up to the experts.

Here is the rub. If I say new prototype irons are in for testing and you signup and get selected and I say here are your muscle backs and here are your super game improvements please review both. The review will not be about what fits. The review will be about the product in hand and how the technology works.

I think if you step back and look at it from that point of view it will be easier to cover.

makes complete sense, and will be my approach. but that doesn't stop the giddy schoolgirl from daydreaming about the big dance.

I've said it before, but jman, hawk and canadan have laid out a great roadmap for us newbies/posers to follow in how to conduct a true PRODUCT review that is about the PRODUCT not the reviewer.

Very interested In these. Can't wait to hear some feedback.

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

JB - will we be getting a spec sheet or overview of what they claim the shaft to do or how it's built to perform so that we test to see if those claims hold up, or is this to be more of a blind review where we simply communicate what we experience, without any preconceived notions?

haven't even thought of it to be honest. TG and the crew know what they are doing.

Same here.

I've thought about when we will get them in hand, but beyond that I have complete faith in them, they're WAY smarter than I.

JB - will we be getting a spec sheet or overview of what they claim the shaft to do or how it's built to perform so that we test to see if those claims hold up, or is this to be more of a blind review where we simply communicate what we experience, without any preconceived notions?
I'm hoping the later....that way it's easier to tell it how it is

I'm kinda hoping for the same. Go in with a clean slate and not let the mind think it's supposed to feel something when it isn't

ditto. Keep the "this is what I'm supposed to see" thoughts out of it.

Same. Id almost be afraid to read the sheet if there was one haha i just want to swing, hopefully hit the ball and report what I'm seeing.

I understand what your asking but since each golfer has a different swing the shaft is going to vary. I'd treat this like any testing and report back what you see, feel and hear.

I understand what your asking but since each golfer has a different swing the shaft is going to vary. I'd treat this like any testing and report back what you see, feel and hear.
All of the staff writers say that it is there job to test the claims that the company puts out - was just curious if the company's claims would be known prior to the forum testing or not, that's all.

I can't wait to see who gets Green in "X flex" and what they say about the shaft!

That 530 in the first post looks awesome. Man I would love to try one of these.

I have an idea what I would like to try, but I'm leaving it to the experts. I did that with the seemore testing, set aside everything I 'knew', and it worked out well, it's still firmly in the bag even.

Very clean and simple. I lol the looks!

Just realized this was new thread. lol Watched all the preview videos again, really looking forward to getting this in hand see what it does, and how it feels. I'm a fan of the looks also, straightforward and clean. I'm a huge fan of the simple numbering to identify models/characteristics--instead of HDXbr549/j32v1600 R = standard flex profile.

Joe,
To answer the question, yes and no. You will get the information, but not at the very beginning. Bee would definitely want you to be able to discuss what the company is putting out however and compare your findings.

Man those graphics are sick!

Love the matte look to the shafts, and the color scheme is pretty easy to remember as well. Interested to see how these perform for folks.

One thing I love about the graphics is that the correct type of unit is used - mass. Has nothing to do with overall looks, but it's something that's appreciated by at least one of the scientists out there.

Joe,
To answer the question, yes and no. You will get the information, but not at the very beginning. Bee would definitely want you to be able to discuss what the company is putting out however and compare your findings.
Best of both worlds. I like it.

Back