What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Things are just not quiet clicking but I did some good things today, putting (after starting with three bad putting holes) and chipping with one chip in and four up and downs. Driving was terrible, and one blow-up hole a quad on 16. Just gotta get things ironed out a bit more before Saturday. 83 (41, 42)

44/41-85. Driver was really wild when I missed and my putting was probably the worst it's been all year. They just punched the greens and rolled them and I had a tough time adjusting to how much faster they were than usual. On the 4 par 3's and 6 holes I hit the fairway I was +3, the other 8 holes I was +12. When I was in good position with an iron in my hand I was as good as I've been all year. Another bonus, it was the first round all year I didn't have a single chunked shot (so that's a plus). I just can't seem to get all phases of my game working. The last couple rounds my irons were awful, today they were a strength. Go figure, silly game.

Shot a 50 in league this afternoon but we had a shotgun start at 4:30 because of a tourney all day and we started on the 6th hole 493yd par 5. I hit 3 great shots for me and was on the green 15' from the hole. My first time being on a par 5 in 3 shots ever from the white tees with a 15' right to left downhill putt. I DRAINED IT for my FIRST BIRDIE EVER on a par 5 at that distance tee to green!

After shooting a couple good starting holes, without realizing it, I started trying to play my opponent's game and not my own and it cost me a few strokes. Once I realized that I was doing that and started playing "My" game, I started shooting better again and scoring. Here, that has been my trouble all season during league play as compared to when I am out there alone. Now I realize what "It" is that has been "different" on league days that I couldn't figure out as to why most of the season I haven't been able to score consistantly like I do when I am out there by myself.

Last edited:
42. With 18 putts

Shot a 50 in league this afternoon but we had a shotgun start at 4:30 because of a tourney all day and we started on the 6th hole 493yd par 5. I hit 3 great shots for me and was on the green 15' from the hole. My first time being on a par 5 in 3 shots ever from the white tees with a 15' right to left downhill putt. I DRAINED IT for my FIRST BIRDIE EVER on a par 5 at that distance tee to green!

After shooting a couple good starting holes, without realizing it, I started trying to play my opponent's game and not my own and it cost me a few strokes. Once I realized that I was doing that and started playing "My" game, I started shooting better again and scoring. Here, that has been my trouble all season during league play as compared to when I am out there alone. Now I realize what "It" is that has been "different" on league days that I couldn't figure out as to why most of the season I haven't been able to score consistantly like I do when I am out there by myself.

Great job!

Was able to finish 9 holes at twilight and shot 36. 1 birdie 1 bogey

44 out , 44 in for 88. Driving was the only part of my game that was decent today. Putting was absolutely terrible, 4 three putts two of them on par 5s, putt for bird make bogey. Swing tempo was off, just could not make myself slow down. Be back on the course Tuesday.

Just got out for a quick 9 tonight to get more shaft testing in. Shot a 39. Everything was solid not great but really solid. Got up and down a couple times and hit 5 greens. Felt good to score.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

An even par 71 today. It was my second consecutive day of great ball striking and below average putting. I very excited that I'm hitting the ball so well after all the range time I've put in this summer. Now it's time to start working on my putting!

Played 16 holes before league tonight - was 2 over. Didn't make many putts but hit the ball well.

Then hit a bogey streak in my league match like I haven't seen in quite a while. Just couldn't get it going. Finished with a double to shoot +8 and get trounced. That's more over par in 9 holes than in my previous 3 rounds combined.

Golf is hard.

Ham-n-egg'd a 38/41-79 today. I had one birdie and one eagle with six bogeys and a killer quadruple. Didn't really have my swing today so I was happy with how I managed to get by. Usually a blow up like that quad would eat me up

Went out today with a couple of mates in less than ideal conditions. We had some heavy showers go over and even a couple of claps of thunder. I played ok considering all the water and mud, and shot a +5-41,+1-37=78. That included a penalty ob on the 5th into the creek that was about 2 feet above its normal level. Nearly all the greens had water on them including some big puddles we had to putt through, just had to hit them harder haha.

Ive added a photo of the 18th green and this wasn't even the worst hole, i wish id taken a photo of some of the others, but we soldiered on. What you cant see is all the water just below the height of the grass. The green keeper came up to us and i thought he would ask us to leave but he just said its a bit wet out guys, have fun.

Kicked it around last night to a 46 (+9). Drove it well and putted decently, but couldn't find a green and couldn't hit a wedge.

Personal best 42 with a snowman and no birdies!

Played yesterday for the first time in 3 weeks, shot an 87 at Grand Cypress with 4 3 putts. I struck the ball well but couldn't get my speed down on putts.

Played a quick 9 this morning at my new club. I have been on the range, but this was my first time on the course. Played bogey golf shooting a 46 with one par and one double. Overall fairly happy with that considering I had no real clue about the course layout, ha. only 1 three-putt and I guess technically the first put was from off the green, so fairly consistent with the putter.

For you North Alabama fellas, I joined Huntsville Country Club. Really a beautiful course and layout. They are working on getting the greens in better shape - they had some crab grass issues but the new ownership is doing a great job. Let me know if you are interested in coming out and playing a round or joining.

39/40 79 this morning aided by a hole out eagle on number 9 from 129 yards. Up/down round, 3 doubles mixed in for the heck of it. Smacked the new Z545 driver nice today and also demo'd a Z45 hybrid with a lot of success.

Followed up a PB score 2 days ago with 84. What I thought I had figured out with driver during yesterday's 9 hole round was not there. I don't think I hit a single shot solid today... just chalk it up as bad day. Next round I play I'm leaving driver at home

Followed up a PB score 2 days ago with 84. What I thought I had figured out with driver during yesterday's 9 hole round was not there. I don't think I hit a single shot solid today... just chalk it up as bad day. Next round I play I'm leaving driver at home

Late congrats on the PB the other day. Friend of mine who, like yourself, is a pretty good golfer, gave up and put his driver (G30) away after 3 holes and just hit 3 wood. He still was as long as me and I was hitting driver.

Sorry I missed your PB! Congrats!!!

44-47/91
8/14 FW
3/18 GIR
33 putts

1 birdie, too many doubles. Rough is brutal. Another round in 90 minutes.

43/43 - 86

Trending up.

PB of 69!!

*Disclaimer - My home course is a par 61...only six par 4s the rest par 3s.

BUT - it can be pretty hard to score on Par 3s sometimes!

PB of 69!!

*Disclaimer - My home course is a par 61...only six par 4s the rest par 3s.

BUT - it can be pretty hard to score on Par 3s sometimes!

No asterisk necessary! Congrats on the PB!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back