Seeing Tee Shots?

I have worn glasses since I was five. In december of 2015 I had cataract surgery which made a big difference. I also found wearing a hat does wonders because it blocks out unnecessary side light and sun glasses increases the contrast. Yellow balls are very easy to follow but I don't like the Truvis style balls. Years ago tennis was played with white balls but now the pro's almost always play with yellow because they are easy to see. Good luck.

second this.... Nothing like seeing a yellow/black truvis spinning off into the distance....

Are they better than the Red/White Truvis I tried them and found them harder to see, I use the Yellow Chrome Soft with Oakley G30 lenses in my perscription sun glasses they seem to make the Green/Yellow colours brighter.

Seeing Tee Shots?

ive been told that bright pink is the easiest to see in flight.

My wife uses the SuperSoft pink it's not as bright a pink as some of the other brands I find it about the same as the Chrome Soft yellow in flight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Based upon what you've said, your problem isn't vision, it's knowing where to look to pick up the ball. It's like the baseball outfielder that never picks up a ball, so of course he has no chance to catch it. Or the wide receiver that never sees the football until it's too late. Again, your vision is not the problem.

I think you nailed it on your own. You've made a swing change and tend to keep your head down too long, so now you aren't sure where to look to pick up the ball. In my experience more balls hit on the range and on the course will over time allow you to know where to look to pick up the ball.

I mostly agree. I doubt more time on the range will fix it. I just flat out can't tell the difference between a draw and a hook. I've also lost the ability to play a fade. My HC is lower than it's been in a long time, and ironically it's not because I'm finally drawing the ball. Far from it. I've found more trouble off the tee than I ever did playing a fade. I can still block the ball if I don't get all the way through it or if I'm trying to aim it, and once every couple of rounds, sure there's a fade. Golf was simpler when I'd just start it on the left side of the FW and either end up center or just right. It was also nice generally knowing where my ball would end up. It's tough not knowing if it's just left of center, or anywhere from there to 100 yards left. Dead center FW strikes I still can tell, but if it goes more than 10ft left of center, I've got no idea.

When I use a driver with a white colored head I am rarely able to pick up the ball flight. With a dark driver head I always pick up the flight. Guessing my eyes instinctively are following the club head rather than the ball with the white head. Just curious what color is your driver ?

Only time I us a white driver is when I get one in a rental set if I play when traveling

Seconded on the glasses. Had this issue several years ago and started wearing glasses (or co contacts, whatever you'd prefer) on the course, now I see them all. Don't think a different ball color will help much personally, you can either see the ball or not.

^^^^ This, I am 56 and this is my first year golfing while wearing contacts. When I wear them I pretty much can see any color in any condition, without them the best ball is the orange volvik vivid.

I can see the ball laying out in the fairway.
My trouble is following it through different backgrounds.
Sky, clouds, sun, trees, and tall grass contrasts mess me up.
I wear polarized fishing glasses. They are tinted, but not too dark.
This makes the ball (glow) if it is clean.
I wear these glasses unless it is dark out. Even in cloudy weather.
Berkeley makes some that are only $4 at Walmart.

Back