Wilson Staff D200 Driver Review Thread

Quick question for those that recommend hitting at 80% capacity. If i go all out, i usually swing at 98mph. Are you saying swing at 80mph?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Actually I think it's more of a shorter swing people are recommending which doesn't necessarily mean a 20% swing speed loss at all

Played tonight in my league and hit a bomb on the 7th hole. 490 par 5 had 130 left in. I have this driver paired with a 106 gram uniflex nunchuk shaft. I am seeing more roll than I ever have and have my spin number at 1800-2100 with launch at 10.2*. Swing speed around 120 and I can swing as hard as I want with this bad boy. It is also the best sounding driver I've ever hit.

Played tonight in my league and hit a bomb on the 7th hole. 490 par 5 had 130 left in. I have this driver paired with a 106 gram uniflex nunchuk shaft. I am seeing more roll than I ever have and have my spin number at 1800-2100 with launch at 10.2*. Swing speed around 120 and I can swing as hard as I want with this bad boy. It is also the best sounding driver I've ever hit.

?????

Quick question for those that recommend hitting at 80% capacity. If i go all out, i usually swing at 98mph. Are you saying swing at 80mph?

I would think more like 80% tempo than 80% swing speed. Some people need an extra split second to feel it load, because it is light.

It's not something I do, but I see where some guys are coming from.

D200 driver adapter

D200 driver adapter

I have asked this question before (Where in the _______can I buy a shaft adapter for my D200 driver?) and it was suggested I twitter Nick Geyer but I'm not on twitter nor will I ever be. Wilson Canada say they are not available. It doesn't really make sense they won't sell/offer alternate shafts or adapters for this driver in Canada when competition do, sort of counterproductive to the direction they seem to be going.
Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

I have asked this question before (Where in the _______can I buy a shaft adapter for my D200 driver?) and it was suggested I twitter Nick Geyer but I'm not on twitter nor will I ever be. Wilson Canada say they are not available. It doesn't really make sense they won't sell/offer alternate shafts or adapters for this driver in Canada when competition do, sort of counterproductive to the direction they seem to be going.

Have you tried calling their customer service? I have never used them, but am told they are very good. Also consider calling the Innovation Center.

Nick Geyer doesn't work for Wilson Staff anymore either.

Call customer service, see if they can help you out. Wilson Staff has a pretty awesome custom department, but it's tough to figure out how to get into it. If calling them doesn't work, try going to a reseller near you.

Darn Spivey.... That is long.

This driver was solid again this morning. I somehow showed up to the course with my horribly disjointed/zero tempo swing and despite that this driver allowed me to keep the ball in front of me and in play. The small handful of good swings were well rewarded with high fades that hang in the air forever - a flight that I've never had and am really growing attached to.
Heel or Toe, high or low the D200 doesn't really care. It will take what you give and put the ball out in play for you which is truly valuable to a hacking schmuck like myself.

I was intrigued by this driver before today, but watching the master class that Spivey put on with his today has taken the interest to a new level.

The D200 did a nice job today. I didn't keep stats, but I only remember missing four fairways today. Good distance today, nothing ungodly long but really nice trajectory. Misses were not by much, except one.

Just can't believe how good this driver is. Another good driving day despite a couple of misses. This head is stupid forgiving.
I was intrigued by this driver before today, but watching the master class that Spivey put on with his today has taken the interest to a new level.

Just can't believe how good this driver is. Another good driving day despite a couple of misses. This head is stupid forgiving.

Yeah, watched you destroy the ball with that driver yesterday. Impressive. Sounds great too. Loved playing so far up for my second shots yesterday. Whole new experience for me!

I enjoyed watching you pound the ball with it yesterday!

Yeah, watched you destroy the ball with that driver yesterday. Impressive. Sounds great too. Loved playing so far up for my second shots yesterday. Whole new experience for me!

I enjoyed watching you pound the ball with it yesterday!
I appreciate it. What is more impressive, to me, is where the one handed finish drives end up... "Grrrr... I missed that one. Oh, but it's in the fairway."

I don't know what Wilson Staff will do as a follow-up, but you better believe I'll be paying attention.

Had a good round with the D200 yesterday on my home course. I'm finally getting things dialed in.

One thing I've noticed is that for my out-to-in swing, face angle matters a *lot*. I was a little wild off the tee at first, but I found a setup that was really working for me. I'm setting up with the face just a tiny bit closed so that gear effect and my out-to-in swing are canceling each other out and I'm getting a beautiful baby fade off the tee. Once I knew what direction the ball was going I had more confidence to put more oomph on it, and my playing partners kept saying "man that sounded great, that was your best drive yet!"

The D200 passed two important tests for me. First, there's a dogleg where you can hit over short trees and hit the fairway. It did that with flying colors--in fact I thought I had driven through the fairway, but the ball just rolled off a hill in the fairway to where I couldn't see it. Height off the tee--check. Second, on one of the par 5s with a wide open fairway I really got after it and ended up further down the fairway than I've ever been before for a 2nd shot. That was nice.

I'm really happy that after the struggles I had with the driver early in Legacy, it's working out for me well back home.

Having some issues with the D200. It's all Indian too. When I stay smooth and just make the swing I get good distance and good trajectory. As soon as my tempo gets a little quick I get the duckeroo. This club will force me to smooth it out for sure.

I saw a few drives on the range and first tee with the D200 this weekend in Savannah and I was impressed every time. Guys were seriously pounding the ball with this. Such a nice sounding driver too.

I saw a few drives on the range and first tee with the D200 this weekend in Savannah and I was impressed every time. Guys were seriously pounding the ball with this. Such a nice sounding driver too.

Man was I impressed with how Dave was pounding this thing in Savannah!

I'm struggling right now with consistency with the driver. My good strikes are fantastic but Im having trouble stringing 4 or 5 good strikes together. The misses with the D200 aren't too badly punished, but I sure wish I could get my crap together.

Thank goodness the D200 5 wood is a bomber and I'm not struggling at all there right now. It's legitimately the best club in my bag right now.

Had another good round with the driver yesterday, but did have 3 misses when I got aggressive. End result was 11/14 FIRs, but the 3 I missed all went way left. Coincidentally, all 3 misses resulted in doubles.

Had another good round with the driver yesterday, but did have 3 misses when I got aggressive. End result was 11/14 FIRs, but the 3 I missed all went way left. Coincidentally, all 3 misses resulted in doubles.

imgur-x0aWKHigif-V0B6.gif

There's a surprise. Haha You hammered that thing buddy. I want one in the worst way.

I was destroying the ball with my D200 today. So much freaking fun hitting these high floaters that just launch off the face.

Yesterday was awesome. This driver just flat out performs. I am totally in love with the 3 wood as well.

Yesterday was awesome. This driver just flat out performs. I am totally in love with the 3 wood as well.

Better late than never #ConcedeOffTheTeeOnPar5 :)

Back