Driver head flew off!

Reaction score
Handicap
So earlier this week I dropped a shaft and adapter off at Golfsmith for them to epoxy the adapter to the shaft. I swung it for the first time today while warming up on the range for my round. On the 5th hit the driver head goes flying off! I had to run on to the range to get it. Had to play my round with 3w only which sucks because I hit my driver alot better than my 3w.

After my round I took it back to golfsmith, they are going to reshaft it for free but it sucked that they didn't do it right the first time!

Sounds like they're going to fix it. Could have been much worse

That does blow, but at least there was no serious damage to the head.

my buddy had that happen while using my spare driver. At first I thought it was his shoe flying downrange! It wasn't a particularly nice driver anyways so I wasn't upset. Plus he went and bought me a replacement.

Glad to hear you were able to recover the head and golfsmith stepped up to fix it.

Hope they get it right. I hate the box stores. Too bad everyone doesn't have a great close by club builder. No reason for that to happen.

My buddy in Asheville, NC just texted me a pic of his new 5i head that separated from the shaft while he was playing today. It missed flying into a pond by only a few feet and the ball only went about 60 yds. Wouldn't you know that he has a tournament tomorrow and all of his local shops are closed so he will have to play without it.

Back