We all know, Phil Mickelson isn't playing his best. Some people think he just isn't focused. Some think it's because his rival, Tiger, has been out and he isn't feeling as competative. What do you think about this and how do you think Phil will play in the Masters now that Tiger is back?

I just think he's in a slump. Everyone rides the rollercoaster on performance levels, the pros are no different. I guess I look at it like an optimist. Being #3 means he is better than hundreds of thousands of other golfers in the world. Sure there are 2 people ranked better than him that he will strive to overtake, but I don't think that he is overrated by any means. I hope the added competition of Mr. Woods to the field will push him to play better, but he'll have to keep playing his game to keep in contention.

I just think he's in a slump. Everyone rides the rollercoaster on performance levels, the pros are no different. I guess I look at it like an optimist. Being #3 means he is better than hundreds of thousands of other golfers in the world. Sure there are 2 people ranked better than him that he will strive to overtake, but I don't think that he is overrated by any means. I hope the added competition of Mr. Woods to the field will push him to play better, but he'll have to keep playing his game to keep in contention.

That could be it. We should find out soon.

I just heard that Phil shot a 58 in a practice round this week.

That was last week. Somewhere before the last tournament he shot 58 which included 14 birdies.

I wasn't sure if that was true because i just heard it from an untrusted source. (AKA my friend Spencer)

i hope phil gets things together and does well...

i find it pretty disturbing some ppl have a absolute love for tiger/ hate phil deal going on... most of us have never even met these guys... kinda scary

it's not like phil is missing the cut or anything. like puttin4bird says, he's just not putting 4 complete rounds together. his ball striking is there and i think that his putting stroke is there, he's just not finding the bottom of the cup. when he does find it, he'll be tough to beat. he's played some great golf this year, just a couple of shots here and a couple of putts there. i'm not worried about him a all, and let's be honest, if tiger's on his "a" game and phil's on his "a" game, who are you gonna take? i'll take phil all day long, he can flat out score when he's on, whereas to me, tiger is a little more dileberate in his approach, he manages better.

it's not like phil is missing the cut or anything. like puttin4bird says, he's just not putting 4 complete rounds together. his ball striking is there and i think that his putting stroke is there, he's just not finding the bottom of the cup. when he does find it, he'll be tough to beat. he's played some great golf this year, just a couple of shots here and a couple of putts there. i'm not worried about him a all, and let's be honest, if tiger's on his "a" game and phil's on his "a" game, who are you gonna take? i'll take phil all day long, he can flat out score when he's on, whereas to me, tiger is a little more dileberate in his approach, he manages better.

I don't think that forward press is helping him out that much.

I don't think that forward press is helping him out that much.

who really knows besides him? i think he's comfortable with it so that's probably why he's sticking with it. seriously, he'll get it all clicking and when he does, it's on! it's his game off the tee that's really killing him and he better get that fixed before augusta.

who really knows besides him? i think he's comfortable with it so that's probably why he's sticking with it. seriously, he'll get it all clicking and when he does, it's on! it's his game off the tee that's really killing him and he better get that fixed before augusta.

Agreed, his fairway percentage is terrible.

I really enjoyed this thread. Im new to the site.

after round 2 in houston all i can say is, "phil, phil, phil".

after round 2 in houston all i can say is, "phil, phil, phil".

Did you see how awful that lie was AFTER he moved the cables. Relief was only one stroke. This was another case of Phil making a poor decision. Why doesn't Bones just tackle him when he tries this stuff.:banghead:

Did you see how awful that lie was AFTER he moved the cables. Relief was only one stroke. This was another case of Phil making a poor decision. Why doesn't Bones just tackle him when he tries this stuff.:banghead:

i know, he should've just punch that ball out of there instead of taking a full swing at it right handed. it was painful to watch but he didn't seem to be fazed by it at all. that's just phil for you, he'll try the unthinkable.

Did anyone see if he tried to whine his wie out of a penalty? hehehe

Did anyone see if he tried to whine his wie out of a penalty? hehehe

Good one. LOL.

Typical dumb move by a highly overrated player. Hehe.

Kevin

At least he got another ball with the deal...did you see that other ball come flying out of there lol!

I was him i would have just punched out... Phil,Phil, Phil.

We have asked repeatedly in other threads to stop it. ENOUGH Already, everybody with the childish personal attacks or take it somewhere else.

Phil is a class act. Period. Phil is not overrated. Period.

After his final round, where he shot a 32 on the back nine, he hung around and signed a bunch of autographs. I can think of a number of golfer's, especially one in particular, who would never do such a thing.

Back