Gas Prices: What are you paying?

$1.86 this morning. $2.10 for diesel.

1.85 here in Boston... seems to be creeping a little bit.

I paid $1.81 for gas last night. By work it was $1.65. Paid $1.31 for gas on Saturday for my wifes car. We had "speedy points" saved up that gave us $.50 off/gal. We have enough points for another $.50 off but we're going to wait until we really need it.

We have enough points for another $.50 off but we're going to wait until we really need it.

Isn't 50 cents 50 cents? hehe

Isn't 50 cents 50 cents? hehe

Yeah but....I guess you got me there. I thought they had a "reward" of $1.25 off a gallon but they must have gotten rid of that one. That was back when they first rolled out the "Speedy Rewards".

Where i live at the moment (England) the average prices are:

Unleaded Petrol (Gas) - 88.9p (£0.89) per litre..... £4.04 a gallon. = $5.76 a gallon
Diesel - 99.6p (£1) per litre ...... £4.53 a gallon = $6.47 a gallon.

Made us brits laugh when all you american were in the news complaining about fuel costs. Bear in mind that these are only 2/3rds of what fuel costs were a few months back. Diesel reached basically £1.30 a litre ($8.45 a gallon). Used to cost me £60 to fill my tank....back down to around £45 now.

Paul -

Yeah, we kinda got spoiled over here compared to the rest of the world!

Of course, most of the difference is the tax, not the gas itself.

Paul -

Yeah, we kinda got spoiled over here compared to the rest of the world!

Of course, most of the difference is the tax, not the gas itself.

You are of course correct....and for our incredible hike in taxes we get:

-Worse roads
-More congestion
-Taxed more on everything else you can imagine
-Higher car tax (im guessing)....anything bigger than a 1.2 litre car and you pay at least £140 extra a year...

...the list goes on

Did i hear someone say emigrate to america??!! lol :banana:

You are of course correct....and for our incredible hike in taxes we get:

-Worse roads
-More congestion
-Taxed more on everything else you can imagine
-Higher car tax (im guessing)....anything bigger than a 1.2 litre car and you pay at least £140 extra a year...

...the list goes on

Did i hear someone say emigrate to america??!! lol :banana:

yup, we work more hours... are fatter, more stressed, and have less vacation...

yup, we work more hours... are fatter, more stressed, and have less vacation...

I am under the impression (from News articles...backed by research) that the UK is the hardest/longest working nation in the world. Definately in Europe, but i think the world also.

....just found an article....its Europe

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/news/article.html?in_article_id=416057&in_page_id=2

-More stressed...maybe, probably less to stress over though.
-Less vacation - possible....whats the average per year over there?
-Fatter....for the time being, our lazy over eating youngsters will catch up soon!!

Basically, the UK is the toughest place to live and work by a mile in europe. I have problems imagining anywhere comes close to being that bad (apart from our welfare state....for the time being), especially a "land of hopes and dreams".

It cant be THAT bad surely

Basically, the UK is the toughest place to live and work by a mile in europe.
Thats because you guys dont take siestas like in Spain or sissy holidays like in France.

$1.83 unleaded and $2.07 diesel today.

Thats because you guys dont take siestas like in Spain or sissy holidays like in France.

AMEN - We should. But we dont have the excuse of a hot period in the day....it never gets even close enough to hot to do that.

As a student though (i worked full time for 3 years so am entitled to whine!) i make sure that naps are a common occurence....obviously for health reasons! :act-up:

Yesterday a couple of the local stations lost their marbles and jumped $.10 overnight, up to $1.99 for regular unleaded. But you can still get it at most other stations I drive past for $1.91. I think diesel was around $2.70 or so.

average is about 2.05 here

$1.70 for unleaded and $1.96 for diesel this morning. It's $1.62 across the river in Missouri.

1.85 round these ways now... thanks to our great leadership in (Tax)achusetts they want to tack another .29 cents of tax onto the gas

when will we ever learn? we just keep electing the same clowns every time!

You have an option and that is to move??????? If you think taxes are going to go down in your state think again. I lived there for a while and my family lived there for 30 years. It will never happen in that state.

It's been nice to see prices declining the past 2 weeks. Came from a high of $2.03 down to $1.85 now. :banana:

filling up 91 here and I think we are at $2.30 right now. It was $2.45 the last 2 weeks.

So on my way home today, I noticed that gas was down to $1.69 for 87. I decided to go home, eat dinner and relax, then get gas later in the night before my 45 minute morning comute. I just got back from said venture, and in the span of three hours, it had jumped to $1.89. I still will not complain, considering a year ago, we were over $4 a gallon, just for 87.

I feel the same way. I get so mad when I see the gas prices getting close to $2/gallon but then I realize that it was twice that price last year so I quite my complaining and fill her up.

$1.71 here around Chattanooga, TN...but I paid $1.50 in Augusta, GA this week while travelling.

Welcome to THP adw.

Back